Skip to main content

Meshes (or textures) when looked at lag????

Submitted by Didact1 on

I have a clothing mod which I really like but if I look at it, it lags more... Obviously its a custom made mesh/textures... Is it possible to perhaps lower the quality of textures if it is a 'texture related issue' or if its a mesh and the polygons used, is there a program or a way to perhaps optimise it? Anything!!! to make it not lag like standard Oblivion clothing/armour/meshes/textures... :P PS. Is there a mod which gets rid of extra lag caused by lighting? I have a low end machine... and it sucks..

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 9 Nov 2011 - 09:36.

Not only clothing but also other 'meshes'.... :( Anyway if anyone can help give me some answers that'll be great ;)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

My answer to the problems you are describing... was to get a new computer :) The way to reduce lag caused by overlapping light souces is to delete and/or move them. By hand. Not a great solution, but it's really the only way. It's just the way Oblivion works. I almost gave up on Oblivion modding at one point because the room I had spent hours and hours on resulted in 8-10 FPS :(
Karma: 0 (0 votes)