Skip to main content

Is It Possible to Go Through Oblivion's "Tutorial" After Starting in Vvardenfell?

Submitted by scotty35503 on

  I hope that I am doing the right thing by posting here in development. I'd hate to be spamming up your working area on these forums.

  I am not sure how many people are actually doing this yet, but I'm playing through Morroblivion as my main character save. I was going to play Morrowind again, but decided to try Morroblivion considering how much has been done with it since I was last keeping up with the mod.

  I am not a modder or a coder at all. I have always tinkered around with the construction set for personal enjoyment and personal "micro-mods" for myself, but I am by no means a modder. Although, I do understand the basic functioning of the construction set and the way the game operates.

  I'll get to the point. I was wondering and hoping that after I finish up in Vvardenfell, that I could use a console code of some kind to go through the opening to Oblivion. I chose to start the game "In Vvardenfell, As Usual" knowing full well that I would have to take the Amulet of Kings off of a body when I went to Cyrodiil, but, for personal immersion, I was hopin I could coc to the Imperial Prison and the launch the quest that lets the Emperor enter my cell with a SetStage code of some kind.

  I'm using Elys Uncapper to take level capping off my character. I tried using the console once before to change my class as  was unhappy with one of the Major Skills I had selected for my Custom Class. But when I did this, it reset one of the skills I had at 115 down to 100 (I'm guessing because I am not supposed to go any higher than 100). If my question is even possible, would any of my skills reset during the Oblivion Tutorial?

  I know I'm probably being very confusing and longwinded, but I thought I would come here to ask you guys. I am an enormous fan of what y'all are doing. I grew up with Morrowind and I recognize it as the best game of the series, it's flaws set aside. I love the ability to now take my Morrowind character to Cyrodiil. It's a dream come true.

  That's all I had to say, though I am curious how many more fans there are like me that are playing Morroblivion for enjoyment and not for bug testing or development, that you know of.

  Thanks guys! Keep up all of the excellent work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Anybody? I loathe double-posting, but I was really hoping somebody could at least give me a yes or no answer.

 

Thanks to anyone who can.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Try breaking into the jail

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What if you use it with an Oblivion main quest delayer mod?

I use CDM Character Generation Overhaul and it lets you start the Oblivion main quest by being arrested by a Captain of the Imperial Watch. All you have to really do to stage it is stand next to one and type a console command to give yourself a bounty. I usually find a role-play way to get arrested by a watch captain and start the main quest when I'm finally ready for it.

I haven't tried this yet after having played through Morroblivion's main quest, but I know it works just fine for regular Oblivion and think it should most likely work for your purpose.

You can find the CDM Character Generation Overhaul here:  http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38589

Just please backup your saves before trying just incase :)

Best regards,

Jessica

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So anytime you have a bounty, a guard will take you to the beginning "tutorial"?

 

I've downloaded it but just want to make sure i understand correctly. Thanks so much, Jessica, hope it works!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You'll have to try it yourself - Oblivion's 'intro' quest is closely tied to character generation, so I can't guarantee it will work without issues on existing one.

Better to make a backup save before starting.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I haven't been able to make it work. Anytime I am arrested, I just go to a normal jail cell. But thanks anyway, Jessica, for trying to help.

 

If I ever start modding, after getting some experience, I'd like to make a  mod for Morroblivion that allows your transportation to Cyrodiil, after having started the game in vvardenfell, to take you to the opening dungeon, and lets you participate in the Emperor's murder without going through the chargen sequence.

 

I've been trying to set it up so that I can do this when I'm ready to go to Cyrodiil, but every mod or workaround I've attempted to try or setup hasn't worked.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The fact is that Morroblivion Chargen and Transport Mod handles very badly the original tutorial quest. It also kill by scripts the NPCs of this quest thus invalidate every alternate start mod or main quest deleyer.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So, it's likely the Emperor is already dead in my game?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

lldeThe fact is that Morroblivion Chargen and Transport Mod handles very badly the original tutorial quest. It also kill by scripts the NPCs of this quest thus invalidate every alternate start mod or main quest deleyer.

'very badly'?   Not true  ...

(and the word? you're looking for is "delayer", not "deleyer")

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

steph

lldeThe fact is that Morroblivion Chargen and Transport Mod handles very badly the original tutorial quest. It also kill by scripts the NPCs of this quest thus invalidate every alternate start mod or main quest deleyer.

'very badly'?   Not true  ...

(and the word? you're looking for is "delayer", not "deleyer")

So...it doesn't kill the Oblivion Chargen NPCs?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It does, I just checked.

The thing is, you want CAT mod to work in a way it was never meant to work.

Actually, you said it yourself in the first post:

I chose to start the game "In Vvardenfell, As Usual" knowing full well that I would have to take the Amulet of Kings off of a body when I went to Cyrodiil

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

steph I don't think that you never had a typo, right? Even if I always read twice what I wrote sometimes I can miss an error. And I'm not English but Italian. "Errare humanum est"

And I said very badly becouse it kill the npc while other alternate start mods don't do this. So there was another way, a more compatible with MQ delayer.But this is my opinion.

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

qwertyasdfgh

It does, I just checked.

The thing is, you want CAT mod to work in a way it was never meant to work.

Actually, you said it yourself in the first post:

I chose to start the game "In Vvardenfell, As Usual" knowing full well that I would have to take the Amulet of Kings off of a body when I went to Cyrodiil

 

That's why I asked if it was possible, by console or other means. I didn't know. I wasn't complaining about the chargen mod.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)