Skip to main content

Oblivion starts as if morroblivion didn't exist?

Submitted by ClockOrchestra on

I did everything in the installation thread, just in the order that I had to, and then in the OBMM I put morrowind_ob.esm second after oblivion. Now I know that OBMM is working because I have another mod going on (CapesandCloaks and Character Overhaul) but when I start it up and choose a new game, it dumps me right into the imperial prison, just like in base game. It doesn't matter if I run it throu oblivion.exe or OBSEloader.exe, it just won't happen. I downloaded OBSE and the other two mods for this mod alone.

Anything to help me guys? I looked around in google for this problem and found nothing.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

By the way, all the boxes in the OBMM are checked.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Post your load order.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sorry for the late response, I got it to work by moving all of the morroblivion related stuff (except the morroblivion_ob.esm) to the bottom, but now I have two different questions, how do I get Caius Cossades to give me the orders? I've joined the Morag Tong and the Fighters Guild and advanced 5 times in level, yet he still says that I have to rise through the ranks, in morrowind you could do it straight away. And the other is how do I get to do the DLCs? I see solstheim on the map, but I have no option to ask, and no DB assassin has come to try and kill me, are they even in the game?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

In morroblivion you have to be level 4 or higher, as morrowind originally intended (but they later changed for the final release).  Get to level 4 and then go ask him.  ;-)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Really? Well that clears it up, gotta go back to Balmora. But what about the DLCs?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

We fixed the DB assassin; as the game originally intended (but didn't make it into the final release), the assassin only comes after you've either completed the Morrowind main quest or become grandmaster of the Morag Tong.  So, as originally intended, you can't start Tribunal until you do one of those things.

Bloodmoon, you can start any time but just the normal way.  Catch the boat from Khuul.  

However, both Tribunal and Bloodmoon are incomplete - many of the smaller quests are done, but the main story lines of both are incomplete - so there's not as much to do, and both worldspaces are more buggy in general.  I'd recommend just playing the main Morrowind game and story first.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, I just went to Fort Frostmoth, tried to find a bed to raise the 4 levels I earned in a couple of dungeons on the way to Khuul and found them un-interactive. Fast-traveled back to Balmora, slept, reached level 7 and did the Dwemer Puzzle Box quest. Thank you man, I can't wait to get to Keening, any chance for Bloodmoon and Tribunal to be completed? Or is the whole thing just up in the air?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Bloodmoon and Tribunal will be done when someone who is experienced with those expansions volunteers to complete them :-)  I have never played them in the original game personally.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Neither have I, but I would prefer to play them on this engine, you know. Too bad though, after I beat the main quest I´ll start up morrowind just for those two.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)