Skip to main content

From unstable to crashing immediately I fire up OBSE launcher

Submitted by misterfoz on

Also vanilla oblivion launcher crashes exactly the same way. And Shockwave Flash has crashed several times at the same time, perhaps in sympathy.

This has been caused by me uninstalling and reinstalling everything due to reaching a door that, every time I tried to go through it the game crashed. Though it was ok if generally unstable if I left that door alone. So this is significant progress in one direction, I suppose :(

can anyone help? The mods look ok to me (but what do I know). The Wrye Bash thing says they're all green. The order is:

Active Mod Files:

Click here to expand or collapse this section[xml]
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Morrowind_ob.esm
02  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.4]
03  UOPS Additional Changes.esp
04  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
05  DLCHorseArmor.esp
06  DLCOrrery.esp
07  DLCVileLair.esp
08  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
09  DLCSpellTomes.esp
0A  DLCThievesDen.esp
0B  Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v10.esp
0C  Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp
0D  Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp
0E  Morrowind_ob - ClothingReplacer.esp
0F  Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionWater.esp
10  Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp
11  ProtocolledDialogs.esp
12  DLCFrostcrag.esp
13  Knights.esp
14  Morrowind_ob - Unique Grass.esp15  Morrowind_ob - Silt Striders.esp
16  Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp  [Version BETA5]
[/xml]

If anyone can see what's wrong, remember my n00b status, and explain it as though I were a cretin....

Pretty please and thank you.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does anyone know of any common problems, conflicts or whatever that would cause Morroblivion to crash within seconds of being fired up? I'm pretty sure I followed the guide on this site to the letter last time, same result though.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Launch Wyre bash and it will tell you if you have a missing master. If you do then add it.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ok Start from Scratch Install Oblivion and Shivering Isles and Service Pack 3.4.4

In C:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion,,,,,,Extract Morroblivion in to a TEMP Directory the Cut and Paste all Files Into C:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data,,Directory..

Install OBMM  Oblivion Mod Manager not nexus 1,,,Install OBSE 21,,

Install TES4LODGen Goes in Your Oblivion Directory..Find and Install

Elys Silent Vioce files They will go in Your Data\OBSE\Plugins Directory..

Find WEOPS  Crash Pervention will go in Data\OBSE\Plugins Directory

Find sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover goes in Data\OBSE\Plugins Directory..

Make shore you have Archive InValadition installed

Download Purge Cell Buffers ONLY Install Purge Cell Buffers-Cell Change.esp

Goes in Your Oblivion\Data,,   Directory..

In Your C:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion,, Directory you will find

OblivionLauncher.exe Run this File and under OPTIONS  Set Resolution you want to Play in while there SET Graphics to HIGH the Exit..

If you Do not Have an OBMM Shortcut Create 1 in Same Directory as Launcher..

Same With TES4LODGen,,and OBSE..

Run OBMM Activate Oblivion.esm, Morrowind_ob.esm, Service Pack,  Shivering Isles,

and Morroblivion Transport ,, Put Purge Cell Buffers Last in Order,,ONLY Need these to Start with,, When Mod Activated

go to Utilitys on Right Hand Side and UPDATE ArchiveInvaladition,Panel will open

Bottom Right hand Corner Click Update Now,, Exit,,

Before You Start you Game  Go to USER\Documents(My Doucments)User name\My Games\Oblivion\ and Delete  Oblivion.ini  Game will Create a New 1 When You Start,,

When Game Started Save And Exit  Go Back to Your Directory where Oblivion.ini is  OPEN the .ini file ,, Go Down to the [MAIN] Section and Change bEnaleBorder Region=  IFit is 1 Change to ( 0 ) if it is  (  0  )  Change to 1

Run TES4LODGen  when Finished Start Game to See if Game Will Run STABLE,,

If it Dose you Can come Back and Activte More Files Later on

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just because I haven't seen anyone say it yet: If you are using a cracked/pirated version of the game, instability is guaranteed.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

or ....

you could uncheck all mods except -

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Morrowind_ob.esm

then load a savegame to see if it still crashes. Every time I have a crash I can trace it back to a mod that is either incompatible with morroblivion or has become corrupt for some reason.

I usually add my mods back one at a time till the crashing begins again ... then fix the mod that causes the crash.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)