Skip to main content

Problem with quest fbmwMSAdulterer & dialog conditions

Submitted by anathemastudio on
Attachment Size
fbmwMSAdulterer-anathemastudio.esp 36.22 KB

Hey everyone -

Hoping someone can help me with this -

When playtesting the fbmwMSAdulterer quest (misc Tri quest) & dialog for it that I'm working on, the npc won't bring up the dialog.

When I use console and test it by trying to "startconversation '(npc)', '1seeSmyShusband1"" (which is the dialog to start quest) game runs a check on conditions for dialog and comes back with two checks for faction (when I don't have conditions set to check for any factions in either the dialog or the quest).

Also check comes back with "player is not in SE world" which I've never seen before.
I did go back in to editor and set conditions to also check that the "player is NOT in SE world" (hoping to fix this), but game still comes back with "player is not in SE world" and will not run the dialog.

I've posted my esp file here, if anyone has any tips to fix this.

You want to be in Mourn, and in Andoren manor (godsreach) to playtest this - talk to npc in manor.

Thanks!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by anathemastudio on 16 Nov 2013 - 14:22.

First of all, it's always great to see new people working on things.

Having said that, it's always better if people tackle things fit to their skillset. The esp you provided has a lot of edits that don't have anything to do with the quest, like some dialogues, quests and cells and you even duplicated an NPC. Now to your issue:

NPCs can only say lines if the Topic was added via the addtopic command or -which is not recommended for a few reasons - via the add Topics tab in the CS. Most of the time this is a Greeting. In addition the quest that stores the topic has to be running. So you'll have to have the NPC say the the greeting which starts the quest and adds the topic.There already is a quest in the current master that stores many of the Misc Quest greetings called fbmwMSGreetings.

Start up the Morrowind CS to see the specific greetings that will start the quest. It's easier to filter the topics for the specific NPC you're working on.  Most of the greetings have not been converted into the esm.

The GetPlayerInSEWorld is for Shivering Isles and returns true if you're in that Worldspace. It's not necessary at all. It comes up in the console because the game engine has been written to always check for it for some reason. It also comes up when killing an NPC with the "kill" command. Don't worry about it. For more help look up this page. The GetInSameCell is also not necessary because if the player is talking to someone he HAS to be in the same cell with the NPC. You also used the OR seperators were the AND would be necessary. And why did you put the Journal Entry into the dialogue for the NPC to say?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate it.

I'm much more used to using the CK, so I've been using the morrowind CS to help me but some things are in a different spot than the oblivion CS. But I'll get the hang of it. I wrote most of this last night, so tonight will review again any tutorial sites for the CS's to see where things should be going.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Tnx roxon - I'll check those out, and the ones from the pm.

A big help, tnx!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)