Skip to main content

morroblivion -> oblivion: one character?

Submitted by dirksoccer on

Im finishing a playthrough of skyrim at the moment, and afterward I'd really like to give morroblivion a try/play oblivion (somehow I missed it between morrowind and skyrim). My question is: 

As I understand it, morroblivion allows you to momove back and forth between the two games with the same character. What I was thinking of trying was doing a playthrough of morrowinds quests in morrowblivion, and then taking that same character (now an epic hero), and having him travel to cyrodil to assist in the oblivion crisis (ie- playing through the oblivion quests with my same character). Since oblivion is Leveled, the enemies should scale to me, and I was planning on using something like the uncapped mod to let me keep leveling up over the course of both games, but since I have yet to play oblivion I thought I'd ask around and see what other people thought? 

Thanks!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by dirksoccer on 5 Jun 2013 - 10:33.

Yes, Oblivion is completely leveled by default, so if you travel to Cyrodiil with high-level character you'll most likely be facing the toughest opponents from the beginning.

My advice would be to use leveling overhaul for Oblivion (there are several options available).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So are you saying it would be workable/enjoyable to continue into oblivion with the same (high-level) character?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

qwertyasdfgh

My advice would be to use leveling overhaul for Oblivion (there are several options available).

 

I realize that this is really old and I apologize for being an annoying beggar with questions, but what kind of leveling overhauls do you recommend? I just use Elys' Uncapper. But i know that, even though Oblivion scales enemies, that the toughness of enemies caps out around 45, right? Aren't there any mods that add tougher enemies that scale to even higher player levels? Just wonderunf what options younwere referring to. I've searched multiple times for somethinf and haven't really found what I'm looking for. I'm still in Vvardenfell and am already at level 52.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't remember exactly how vanilla Oblivion works - last time I played it unmodded was back in 2006. Most people don't like level scaling so overhauls usually remove or heavily limit it, but also add some hand-placed tougher enemies.

There was a thread on official forums called 'scaling overhaul comparison' which you might find useful.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)