Hi there.
So, I've had Oblivion GOTY Edition on my laptop before and rarely had problems with it. I played through all of the main quests and both Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. Now it's been a little while since I've played it (at least a year) so I've decided to reinstall it. Since reinstalling it, I can't seem to get it to stop crashing in random places. I've had a new hard drive installed by some professionals (friends that I trust) in the last year (around December 2012), which solved other problems I was having. The thing is, it will crash at random times, but once it crashes in a certain place or doing a certain task, it will keep crashing in that specific location, if that makes sense. For instance, I will go talk to Jauffre in Weynon Priory at the beginning of the game, and when I exit the house to go to Kvatch, it will crash 4 or 5 times. Then it will stop crashing there and only crash if I try to talk to one of the other NPCs there, namely the one that gives you his horse to use. Or it will crash if I go outside for a few times, and then it will work. This is making the game unplayable because I never know when it will crash or what's causing it.
I've tried everything I can think of: installing a new AC3 Filter (because I've read some threads that say that could be the problem), reinstalling the game, defragmenting my hard drive, disk cleanup, security scans, the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, an official Oblivion Patch, and so forth. None of these have worked so far.
Here are my system specs:
Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit OS
OS: Windows 7
Here's the problem signature that comes up when it crashes and lets me close the program:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Oblivion.exe
Application Version: 1.1.0.425
Application Timestamp: 444e8718
Fault Module Name: Oblivion.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.425
Fault Module Timestamp: 444e8718
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0061f310
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27c8
Additional Information 2: 27c8ce5af7a07bedf550bd9c573901b3
Additional Information 3: 4f67
Additional Information 4: 4f67c0b7467e58c3a9d568e89625b1d3
Any thoughts out there? I'd appreciate fairly simple instructions, because I don't understand a lot of computer jargon, which can easily confuse me.

This is not the Place to ask
This is not the Place to ask on Oblivion Crashing An Oblivion Site would have Been Better..
How do you Controll your Oblivion,( OBMM,Obse,TES4Lodgen )(Weye )(Boss)
Go to you Oblivion Shortcut Right Click Properties under here Set your Oblivion Shortcut to run in (Windows XP (Service Pack2) Compatibility..