Skip to main content

The Skyblivion project; looking to help but not sure what to help.

Submitted by Govilku on

Hello. I have been lurking here for a little while looking for a way to make myself useful. Seeing how I know the Oblivion lore better than anything else, and look forward to see it integrated with Skyrim; I am interested in contributing to the effort. I would like to state that I make no promise to be some kind of leading force in the effort but I think I can contribute a small amount and help "push the cart" metaphorically speaking. I can create 3-dimensional models, sculpt, and texture, with basic efficiency.

At the risk of appearing cynical and judgemental, I do see a problem in the organizational structure of this project though. I feel there needs to be some kind of "tracker" for the progress of the project that let's the user know what needs doing. Maybe an administrator can post a sticky on this so the newer members know what they can attempt to help with.

But back to the gist of my post; I do not have a large portfolio(Or a portfolio of any kind for the matter) but I did put together a little model for show. I attempted to remake an 1800's flintlock rifle. Here is the result:

[External image]In real life:

[External image]In Blender:

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope I can be of any help. Till then.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well for now the Skyblivion project pretty much lacks any leadership, because most of the team is working on Skywind. I would highly recommend working on Skywind for now, but eh, some people just choose to work on Skyblivion or not work on anything at all.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well I guess it makes sense to work on one thing at a time, It just seemed like Skyblivion needed some help. But as for Skywind, do you have any idea what needs doing? My voice isn't too good for VA work in my opinion, but I had a "phase" in my days as an audiophile. Hope I can chip in somehow.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yes, you could work on Skyblivion if you really, really wanted to, but we're just trying to focus our efforts on Skywind for the moment.  And to be honest, we need A LOT more help to get it to a playable state in a good timeframe because our team currently is so small, and Skyblivion sucking away people is not really helping out.

Skywind has a lot of models in dire need of work though.  Eloth is our mesh and texture guy, so when he comes on I bet he has a bunch of things you could do.  Also, we always have a lot of tasks that need doing that require using the CK or TESV Edit.

Voice Acting to me is something that really should be done just about last.  But I guess if you aren't really good with the CK or models that is a fine thing to do.

Edit:  Oh, and if you contribute a decent bit of work we can let you into the chat area.  We are a bit more organized than it appears from just looking at forum posts. :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Guess I'll keep an eye out for eloth then. Glad to see some mods here, I'll try the install and see what I can do.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey, Eloth is online right now it looks like

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just jumping in here..... It is very easy to get involved, it is harder to stay involved. There is a thread that I have in another part of the forum for instance about a mod I am doing for skyblivion, but I am going to have to wait for the new masterfile to do anything with it. Some people left just because the masterfile for skywind was stabilized (I.e replaced)

I am not a skywind dev, just another forumite, but I have seen alot of ppl claim huge chunks of work, npcs, voice acting etc, and reigning in on those promises, so best advice I can give is learn about the mod, mod what you can and only promise to do what is within your power at any odd time of the week.

Oh and Mehh, if things ever work out in my own schedule, i'd love to join the team for skywind. not until then. and I think the same should be said by anyone else offering.

Looking forward to seeing Goviku and the teams progress!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, actually, Zilav said he wanted to hold out on reconverting the Skyblivion master for awhile, because he was afraid it would draw people away from Skywind.  In case you guys want to know

Oh, and I thought I should put this somewhere.  Skywind v.5 is almost ready to be released.  We just need to wait for Happychappy to finish up changing the folder structure.  It will have quite a few changes.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I had the same mindset, I don't want to make gigantic claims and not deliver, instead I make modest claims and really I just want to be part of the "army" in this case. I mean, the project is on a public forum so I'm pretty sure there are many others like me who want to chip in. I've got myself setup and ready to help on my PC. Can't wait to open this up in Skyrim. This also made me look at Morrowind again. It's been so long O.o

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well one job I can think of is helping alexanderb with the Morrowind armors. If you pm him, he'll tell you what you need to know, plus he can always use some help.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Or perhaps converting over some of the Morroblivion weapons.  I have made a list on this thread if you want to look over it.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/3100

Karma: 0 (0 votes)