Skip to main content

Skyblivion Nav-Mesh

Submitted by andynev1 on

I have finised Nav-Meshing the Imperial City Marketplace and it's interior cells. Here is a link please tell me if there is any problems with it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/0namso7tr3o0gdp/Tes4_IC-Navmesh.esp

I will create a spreadsheet in the future so others can claim interiors and keep the whole process clean. Also here is Bethesda's tutorial on Nav-Meshing for people looking to help out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raM9TBZZyQY

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by andynev1 on 2 Jun 2013 - 10:17.

I'll give it a try. Do you know of a way of extracting the Nave mesh out of something you have already done?

 

I was also wondering, If you navmesh interiors now wouldn't they have to be redone when the missing objects are fixed?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Um I don't understand what you mean. Just Save your nav meshing progress as an esp. I don't believe so, well in my experience of nav meshing the Marketplace most of the furniture was there, the only missing meshes were candlesticks and various fruit. Anyway Good luck!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

andynev1

Um I don't understand what you mean. Just Save your nav meshing progress as an esp. I don't believe so, well in my experience of nav meshing the Marketplace most of the furniture was there, the only missing meshes were candlesticks and various fruit. Anyway Good luck!

Here are before and after pics of when I was playing around. Now it may be that I have missing files. but it only seems to be indoor furniture for the most part. The reason for my question is If I continue to play and if I don't do the navmesh as I go along I may never get back around to it. but I'd be willing to let folks use what I have done it it would work. But I doubt that it would.

If all of those indoor objects truly are missing then I think you would have no idea of where to put the navemesh to keep NPCs from walking into stuff, hence why I asked if you would have to redo it.

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don’t think the stairs need so many NAVMesh points, when I am NAVMeshing I usually use just one square from bottom to top.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've redone them since this, but thanks for pointing out though. I was using the stairs to help me learn how to put them into tight places. if you could see they were actually navmeshed both on the vertical and horizontal surfaces. I know overkill but great training. 

 

As to the post 2 posts above, I'll  give it a try when I get home. Thanks

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

is there any way to unfollow a topic on this website? because some things i just really don't care about and i don't want them on my active topics list.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

At least someone was nice enough to point out I missed one ;)

 

It's all good though Helped me to learn quite a bit about how CK works,

 

Thanks !!

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just as an update I've been working on anvil. Its going slow now with work and not much free time.  when I get some of it checked out in game and make sure it works I'll put it up.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)