Skip to main content

Skywind and Skyblivion really in 4E201 ?

Submitted by nainretic on

As a big fan of TES, I'm really excited by your project! 

And, after reading the FAQ, I still have some questions. Especially, I would like to know if you're intending to "modernize" morrowind and oblivion in order to make it coherent with the Skyrim story (200 years later) or if it will just be copies of the previous games with better graphics.

I mean, for example, the city of Kvatch (Oblivion) was almost entirely destroyed. It should be great that, 200 years after, the city is converted to an isolated monastery (which was still standing) with a few ruins around (with skyrim's hanging moss... e.g.). Same thing for the oblivion gates, they should'nt appear in 4E201 because they were closed...

Anyway, keep going, thats great !!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Previous game with better graphics.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Skywind and skyblvion are gonna be in the third era. there won't be an official connection mod but I made a thread discussing this all ready:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/3554

The main focus of this site is to convert the games to convert the game to the skyrim engine.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

hum

so i'm looking forward to your mod, it would be really really great to have a connection between cyrodill skyrim and morrowind ! 

Maybe it could be simpler to take liberties towards the original landscapes. In 200 years, many things could have change.

Are people already helping you ?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What you guys are looking for is the Beyond Skyrim mods, that people are creating on the darkcreations.org website. It is all the provinces in the 4th era, Skyrim timeline.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

thank you very much it's all i wanted to know

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I wouldn't get to excited about dark creations just yet, they don't ever really finish any of there mods. They finished like 1 good mod for oblivion( but they started like 8 ) and that was about it.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is the Gecko done yet?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@ mehh: I was talking about major mods, not utilities.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oh well better late than...well maybe never. At least they have the concept of Tamriel in the a 4th era. They had completed Solstheim landscape and of course that got blown out of the water.

They have the Return to Morrowind mod, but I think its based upon most of Vvardenfell being decimated by the Red Mountain explosion. I think Dragonborn suggests that this is not the case. That's the risk you take when trying to second guess what should be happening in a particular era.

Somebody mentioned that next DLC could be Redguard. That puts their Hammerfell up in the air. Yeah its pretty hard to try to make mods and keep ahead of official content, especially if you take your time with it.
 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think it would be fun and easier to avoid conflicts with official lore if instead of making a 4th era Morrowind, you make a 3rd era Skyrim instead.  Sure, we don't know everything that happened in Skyrim during the 3rd era, but at least you have some information and can work within the bounds of offical lore.  Plus, you could hook up 3rd era Morrowind and Cyrodiil up to Skyrim too.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)