Skip to main content

Modify a skeleton.nif (Oblivion) to skeleton.hkx (Skyrim)?

Submitted by Jungle Peanut on

Hey, first time poster!

I'm trying to make a personal mod for myself, to bring Oblivion's creatures to Skyrim along with their animations, primarily the various Daedra. I used the hkxcmd program to convert the KF animation files to HKX files, but I haven't been able to convert the skeleton, which is in NIF format to HKX. Is there a simple way to do it?

Or if not, is it possible to add the converted KF animations to a skeleton.hkx of an existing Skyrim creature, say for example, Oblivion's goblin animations to a falmer skeleton? That's probably a complicated process, and I have no experience using Blender or 3DSMax.

Is it even possible to add new animations to creatures in the Creation Kit?

Thanks for the help!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i got no moding skils at al but it would be cool if its possibel to confert creatures from oblivion to skyrim for the skyblivion project and  for skywind  hope u get it working

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Afaik it is impossible atm.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is it possible to turn a Skyrim .NIF Skeleton-file into a Skyrim .HKX Skeleton-file ?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I thought Skyrim's skeleton files were already in HKX format?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So just to confirm, what I am asking is currently impossible to do? Has anyone else attempted this?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ive heard that some people cracked it thanks to their owning and mastering of "havoc tools" working in conjuction with 3dsmax 2012.

If its possible to get hold of skeleton files, you best you can do is warp it it different shapes (but its buggy).

And just FYI, importing assets from oblivion to skyrim means you may not be allowed on nexus 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If its possible to turn a Skyrim .NIF Skeleton-file into a Skyrim .HKX Skeleton-file, then you all you need to do is turn an Oblivion .NIF Skeleton-file into a Skyrim .NIF Skeleton-file.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I appreciate the answers, thanks guys.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just one more question, would it be possible utilizing FNIS? Or is that only for idle animations?


http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811/?

The newest update says that it supports creature animations, and custom creatures, although I'm not sure if that will help me to do what I want to do.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Why... the video on it... Why would anyone want that..?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)