Skip to main content

skyblivind

Submitted by Vegito on

okay so i was looking over some stuff in the Morroblivion mod stuff and I realized something. Okay there has been a massive amount of work over the years since the start of that project to merge oblivion and Morrowind together using the engine of Oblivion. I tried this game out and it works fabulously. However now that Skyrim with a new engine has been released for just over two years now, why scrap the other game and start with Skyrim + Morrowind and then a second game as Skyrim + Oblivion?

I was in the chat and made a suggestion to merge all three and I continuously got that that was stupid and idiotic and all other sorts of things. I asked why and have been subsequently ignored by the site members because of the suggestion.

Here is how I see it. If you can take the engine of oblivion and mod it to Skyrim and merge it to it as a solid game flow with all the quests and so forth then you can take Morroblivion and do the same thing. It just more information. However If you can also take the Morrowind engine and mod it heavily to become that of Skyrims or Oblivions. than it seems pointless and more work to make two separate games merged together... aka skywind and Skyrim+Oblivion. It would make more since to take the Morrobilivion mod and mod it to the skyrim engine and merge those two games. less work and much easier because it was already done with the Morrobilvion content.

I have heard arguments that this is stupid because the time difference is rediculous. well I say that it was ridiculous than to merge oblivion and Morrowind because there too is a massive time difference. and its even more ridiculous to merge Morrowind and Skyrim only with a game between Skyrim and Morrowind with no filler! I tell you the truth it is NOT ridiculous nor impossible to merge Morrobivion with Skyrim. Take your work that you have already painstakingly made and add to it. make it a grand master piece and keep updating it as the new elder scroll games come out. Less work and has all the games in one.

Besides Bethsda was asked two years ago in 2012 why they had included the digital renderings of Cyrodill and all of Morrowind? They answered in such a way that left the community as if they were going to use those areas in future mods or expecting guys like you to mod it yourself. Not sure if you read that article or not http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Skyrim-Todd-Howard-Morrowind-Cyrodiil-Creation-Kit,14717.html and http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-skyrim-expansions-morrowind-cyrodiil-robk-117723/ see for yourself. FEED BACK PLEASE, and be kind and don't attack.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 6 Jan 2014 - 17:16.

Very wise ideas, this will be acheived sooner or later. Unfortunately this forum is full of trolls who will flood this topic telling you that it's impossible and stupid etc. Just don't listen to them.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Its not really trolls, but more grumpy people from seeing this topic come up numerous times in the history of these projects, and having to explain the technical difficulties and the lack of interest anyway.

With that said if anybody replies in negative way I'll lock the thread and if you want more information on said topic then do some searching and you'll find other threads talking about it.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)