Skip to main content

I have a raspy voice

Submitted by livinginsanity on

Hello all! Just saw this project and fell in love with the idea!

I do a lot of voices, here's my Solid Snake's War has changed Monologue:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-brady-17/war-has-changed-monologue

Hope someone can help push me in a direction of where to start or what I could work on! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Then take Strepsils!


Sorry, I had to, the name of this thread made me chuckle a bit :P
I suggest you start off with our Voice acting thread.
 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow - you could be Jiub!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

livinginsanity

Hello all! Just saw this project and fell in love with the idea!

I do a lot of voices, here's my Solid Snake's War has changed Monologue:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-brady-17/war-has-changed-monologue

Hope someone can help push me in a direction of where to start or what I could work on! :)



You need to use a better microphone. You need to practice the voice to be able to maintain the rasp throughout... it drops and becomes just air from time to time. No music in the background for the next audition please as it makes it difficult to truly judge sound quality. There are 2 videos on the first post of the main voice acting thread showing how to edit your sound in a basic way to help increase the quality of your recordings. Following the first video will be enough for an audition.

Get it all sorted and you could do any dunmer as far as i am concerned. If you can't keep up the rasp, i recommend trying out other voices.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, agreed.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)