| Attachment | Size |
|---|---|
| smokestick.esp | 736 bytes |
| Iron sword of spitfirec.rar | 19.27 KB |
So I got curious about how it would be possible to do enchanted clothing, armor, and weapons where the user has to cast them as opposed to just the constant effects. The fact that worn items, like clothing, don't have an enchantment value makes this difficult. I then got curious about how staffs work and if we could make them work for us in a different matter. What I came up with was a concept for a series of dummy staffs and clothing. The dummy staffs are just that dummies, they're just there as place holders. lacking models, and channels for the spells, The clothing adds this staff to the users inventory upon picking it up, and removes the staff upon dropping the item. If the player equips the staff a script auto equips the respective item like in morrowind and vise versa. Of course there's a exploit of being able to drop the item and pick it back up to get a staff at full charge, but we're role playing here. No longer do the ancient daedric artifacts have to be bland constant effects
My proof of concept. Sorry if my posts are a little chaotic and scatterbrained it's because well I am.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28280
Edit: Sorry forgot something. You may be able to use a weapon as a staff model and whatnot. That may require a second model set up differently though not sure. Iron sword of spitfire anyone?

That's a pretty clever
That's a pretty clever approach! If I ever have time again (haw, not likely), I'll take a look at this and see if I can implement your method into my theoretical system in this thread.