Skip to main content

Skyrim to Morrowind Time Issue Proposal

Submitted by tranceslyvania on

 

Skyrim to Morrowind Time Issue Proposal

Through this proposal, I hope to see this (as whole or in part) incorporated to deal with the time-gap. It's sort of like a quest (you know like the quest from KotN?)

The Entity of Time - [Proposed NPC]

Player - [You!]

          -        [The Entity of Time {NPC}]: Welcome Dovahkin, I am Time. I govern the past, the present and the future and I also am the measure of durations of events and the intervals between them. I will be teaching you a very precise lesson today however; have you heard of the Nerevarine?

[Proposed responses]

1aR: No, I have not. Who or what is the Nerevarine?

1bR: Yes, weren’t they the saviour of Vvardenfell, the one whom passed through the Seven Trials, acquired the Moon-and-Star, earnt the respect of the Great Houses and Tribes of Vvardenfell and eventually the Dissident Priests?

If response is 1aR by player, respond with the following:

-       [The Entity of Time {NPC}]: The Nerevarine was the saviour of all Vvardenfell. The Nerevarine passed all the tests set upon them. They passed the Seven Trials, acquired the Moon-and-Star, earnt the respect of the Great Houses and Tribes of Vvardenfell and eventually the Dissident Priests.

P.S: An NPC response to 1bR [i.e. 1st person.]

If response is 1bR by player, respond with the following:

-       [The Entity of Time {NPC}]: Yes, you are indeed correct! You know your history quite well; Dovahkin but you and the Nerevarine are no different. You both have been bestowed a great power and with great power comes great responsibility. Through my lesson I hope to show you that good can come out of anything.

P.S: This line most likely needs editing due to my poor RP background.

[Proposed responses]

1cR: Why me? Why give me this opportunity? Why not a curious historian or a humbling pilgrim?

1dR: I am sorry; I do not think I am ready to look into your vision of the past.

If response is 1cR by player, respond with the following:

-      [The Entity of Time {NPC}]:  Again, Dovahkin – you’ve been given a great power! One that shares a similar fate with this hero of the past. Only the Nerevarine could truly understand what your future holds and with that, you are truly the deserved of this vision.

P.S: This line most likely needs editing due to my poor RP background.

         -      [The Entity of Time {NPC}]: Are you ready?

1eR: Yes, send me now.

1fR: No, I am sorry; I do not think I am ready to look into your vision of the past.

If reponse is 1eR by player, respond with the following:

         -     [The Entity of Time {NPC}]: Very well! Hold on, you will now be entering the  vision.                        

Player now ends up at the start of Morrowind, on the boat before the guard arrives to take you up onto the deck to collect your papers.

P.S. I do not know what sort of coding would be needed to be done in order for this part to work.

If response is 1dR/1fR by player, respond with the following:

-       [Close dialogue and end with out-of-conversation line.] Very well, Dovahkin. I am here until you’re willing. Goodbye for now!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 14 Mar 2014 - 22:08.

Personally I think this or something similar will make the player feel more related to the Morrowind questline in the sense that both the Nerevarine and the Dovahkin share similar fates (i.e. were bestowed with a power to defeat evil.)
A scroll or a NPC who just sends you there without engagement makes you go meh. This will definitely spark interest and make people excited!

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Akatosh would make perfect sense!

I would love to see some small introduction or quest added into the mod to transfer the player from Skyrim and Morrowind. What do you think of mine? :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't know I perfer the scroll idea mostly because there's not much of a reason for the god of time to meeting you. If they just made a really cool quest to get the scroll (something other then getting a few items and getting the scroll) I think it could be a pretty awesome way to go. Or maybe getting a scroll and making it so you have to cast the spell on a doorway to get to Vvardenfell. You could also give the scroll a back story like when you used the elders scroll it made a tear that caused a chain reaction to where the doorway lays making it so if you used this scroll that was made by the old wizards guild so you can rip the door open to the old world of Vvardenfell or something like that. I don't really know that much of the elders scrolls lore But I really think that you could make the scroll idea pretty interesting.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I took that into consideration hence the mention of Dovahkin! Hence why Akatosh would be meeting you, to give you wisdom and show you how a previous hero tackled life and the power bestowed him or her.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well I guess I'm wrong. if that is the case then why not. :)

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hmm I like the idea that divines send you back to relive the lives of former heros , but I dislike the idea of playing though the games in a certain order. There are to many quests for the player to find or complete for them to be suddenly thrown into another world.

Anyway I would handle it like this:

The player is contracted by Akatosh. after a short conversion the player is given A new spell. if it is use in solstheim or 4E Vvardenfell You'll be taken back to the Morrowind game, if you cast the spell in 4E cyrodiil You'll travel 3E cyrodiil. there would probably have to be a quest to link the games together. Maybe the dovahkiin has to find some artifact left by the nevarine after the main quest. 

The entity of time could also be the spirit of martin septim. He was the last dragon and he was there during the oblivion crisis he he could have a reason to guide the new dragonborn without a 4E Quest.

More Idea to throw around:

Thalmor Uncover ancient ayleid magic and are using it to destroy the empire(Or slowly weaken them) and The entity of time sends you back the see the lives of some other heros so you can find a way to stop them.

after the Oblivion crisis the hero of kvatch and the nevarine  go on a adventure together which end in them sealing away an ancient weapon of incredible power that only a dragonborn can unlock, but in order to find out where this thing is you to relive the lives of nevarine and THoK (The Hero of Kvatch). Anyway they they get separated midway though the dungeon and that's why you must relive both of there lives.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If you use more then one deity for the quests then that would also mean multiple quest lines. not a bad idea but it would require a lot more work.

You could start the game by: 

1 making your character

2 choosing the divine(or daedra) you wish to follow Like Azura for morrowind, akatosh for Oblivion, and talos for skyrim.

3 start the games as normal. 

The one problem I have with starting a new with a new character is... starting a new with a new character. imo I think we should be able to keep our current character so our best bet is to make a quest to link them. most people may not agree that a start in skyrim is best, but I think most people can accept a mandatory start in skyrim. I think a spell to travel from era to era would be best because that way you can travel from era to era with ease. Like I said in the one of the other... like sixty thread about this topic, the spell would work like this; if your in cell 5 10 of the 4E worldspace then after you cast the spell you'll be in 5 10 Of the 3rd world space I already talked about how this could be use for dungeons. this spell would have an appropriate difficulty because  you must first be in the 4E provinces in order to cast the spell  rather then just being in skyrim about to be killed by a dragon then you just cast a spell and your in morrowind.

The option of the thalmor could be a good one if it's done correctly. A short quest to defeat the thalmor and get an elder scroll is not bad but I would do it differently. Instead you would get the elder scroll early before you defeat them then you play the as Hero of kvatch or the nevarine. after you complete the main quest the new custom quests to uncover the secret thalmor become available.

Of course... I don't think it's very important that we make anything for the 4th era. Just think; Are we here to convert other elder scroll games to skyrim, or to write fan fictions and put them in game like dark creation.  let's just leave the subject alone for right now. Just because were not here to make 4E stuff doesn't mean we can't, let's just try finish the main project first, then we can make all the stuff we think is cool or throw around ideas for the 4E connection. Right now it seems like the skywind project moving pretty slow. So lets focus on getting morrowind into the skyrim engine and not seeing who can write the best fan fiction.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)