Skip to main content

Donating / Supporting

Submitted by Manatu on

Hey Guys, 

I was wondering if there is a way to donate/sponsor this endeavour of you guys. 

I don't have a lot of time, and lack skills of modding/coding etc. Having said this, I want to support you guys. I'd rather work 8 hours straight and donate the money, then spending 8 frustrating hours just to learn the basics of coding :) 

If there already is this possibility, please tell me about it. 

Cheerios

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 14 Mar 2014 - 21:52.

Hi,

thanks for your support. For a number of reasons, we cannot accept donation for this project. The only thing we really need is help and time (and that we need !).

There are a number of tasks that don't need coding knowledge (like work on NPC and such). There's also texturing and modeling work going on.

But if you really don't want to open the CK, the simpler work is just testing the game in its current state and reporting bug/issues to the team.

Due to the progress so far, it would be mostly running around the world and finding graphic bugs and places that crash. Hopefully in the coming weeks, some of the quests will be available for debugging.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks for your quick reply, i'll have a look what i can do then in the forums. 

Keep up the good work! 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

  • I understand that you cannot accept money or profit for this work. But there should be no problem if you post your Amazon gift wish list. If someone wishes to buy you a present, like computer parts or upgrades or even books, nobody can object. :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Would be kinda nice if Ravanna had a PC that didn't contain a melted HD 6900. I'm not sure if we're allowed to even accept Amazon donations.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't see why there'd be a problem with someone giving you a gift. It's one thing to be accepting money, but would an item fall under that as well?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Guys, my two cents are we should stay away from stuff like this...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Even gifts are a bad idea.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shushine

Guys, my two cents are we should stay away from stuff like this...

 

This times a million. Any sort of compensation for a project of this kind could be enough for Bethesda to initiate serious legal action against it. They've already been gracious enough to let this community be on the condition that we create our own assets inspired from Morrowind in order to make Skywind a reality. If any sort of profit starts being made at their behest it is almost guaranteed that this site and all of the Skywind content will be shut down. 

 

Thanks for the thought, but there's no way this can ever happen. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

While I'm certain they could accept gifts its simply easier not to tempt fate. It would be disheartening for this project to get so far ahead only to get shut down by someone being nice and trying to get one of the devs some better computer parts so they could dev this game with decent equipment.

If you feel the need to get someone a Christmas present who happens to be on the dev team I'd encourage you to message them directly to discuss options (don't worry, they don't bite-unless you ask :p )

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Seriously, everyone, case closed - no donations, gifts or anything.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hello,

I just found out about this project, and I just want to say it's too bad that you can't accept financial support, and that I'm amazed by your work and ambition so far. 

I'm really looking forward to more updates and I'm longing to see this project finished. Good luck!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

"The only donation we accept is your time and love". Quite a motto ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)