Skip to main content

Morrowind mapmarker like Solstheim in Dragonborn ? Update

Submitted by AlexP on

Hello :)

So first of, forgive me and ignore if this has already been discussed and denied, but I don't find it anywhere on the forum and yeah, I'm surprised that nobody is talking about that...

What do you think of the same MapMarker we can find on Dragonborn that let us travel to wrldmorrowind instead of doing it by command? I was looking at this on the creation kit and it doesn't seem to be impossible ;) 

The thing will be to find a place to spawn when teleported, again never played Morrowind :P but I think that you have many ideas for this ;)

Edit: Oh wait, maybe it's already implemented in the next update... If it's the case, please don't blame me ;) 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 14 Mar 2014 - 22:50.

Good idea.  That could be something nice.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I start working on it then :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

always spawn at seyda neen
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Spawn above Red mountain

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Mehh

Spawn above Red mountain

lol right into lava?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Of course

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No, by above he means like 3 miles above.  You're dead on ground contact. :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

how about right above the ghostfence one leg on one side the other leg on the other
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Anyway, I did it! :) So the last thing I need to know are:

  • X and Y on wrldmorrowind where you'll be teleported (maybe on a boat or something, even if a boat doesn't send you 2000 years in the past...)
  • X and Y on  wrldmorrowind where the marker will be
  • X and Y on Skyrim where the player will be tp, maybe the same boat as Solstheim?
  • X and Y on Skyrim where the marker will be (on the sea or mountain?)

I'm sure you have plenty of ideas :) I don't have the meshes/texture so I won't know where things will be, don't tell me "false" coord ;)

Oh and I was thinking of adding a dialog to the captain of Dragonbornn so you will have the choice to travel between Skyrim/Solstheim/Morrowind; what do you think about that ?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

lol i don't know coordinates buy ya the same boat for solsthiem and the boat at seyda neen would work great, doesn't explain the 200 years but at least it's something
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah ok, I'll just place the marker beside the Solstheim one, but for morrowind I need coords...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the transport from Morrowind to Solstheim located in Khuul? =)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Seyda Neen, obviously.  :)  For Skyrim, where the existing gate/pass to Morrowind is I think would be absolutely perfect.  Don't know what the coordinates are though.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shadow

Seyda Neen, obviously.  :)  For Skyrim, where the existing gate/pass to Morrowind is I think would be absolutely perfect.  Don't know what the coordinates are though.

Oh you mean the path where there's a kind of arch/gate in wood ?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, the one on the eastern edge past Riften.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, I guess it would be nice, and maybe when you walk under the bridge it teleport you... ;) 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There is a gate somewhere near Windhelm, no? 

I followed Malborn after I saved him and then I reached to the point where he passed the invisible walls and vanished.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Absolutely brilliant.  Though there are some problems on the Morrowind side.   The door to Skyrim is partially visible, and you end up traveling to a hill by Balmora. :)  I wouldn't even be opposed to merging this but I think some of the others might disagree.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Such things should be optional indeed.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yep travel mods should be optional.

The only thing that will be merged is the startgame decision : skyrim or skywind.

Regarding X,Y,Z coordinates, I think there's a really helpful mod (based on SkyUI3.0) that gives you basically all your stats, including x,y,z. I can't seem to find it back, unfortunately.. FACTS or F.A.C.T.S. or something...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Found it

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32657

status

I haaven't installed it yet, but I will certainly, to help my debugging.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yep, this helps a lot. I don't understand why it should optional, instead of using cow command there is a marker, that's it. We can disable it by default, so it'll appear after a small quest/condition too.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i also think the marker is a vey good idea and much more immersive than travelling by console! thank you

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, I'll at least make a link on the release thread.   Probably when I update for the next release, and the Morrowind side gets updated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@sohaan77 Thanks :)

K no problem Shadow, I'll update tonight or maybe tomorrow. Just do you have an idea where Morrowind is linked to Skyrim to place the marker?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Updated the file, now it's finished. You'll be teleported on the imperial prison ship when entering Morrowind. 

Shadow seeing the other post I think it's better not to merge it ;) Maybe just a link on the release description :)

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

this would make it better for me i cant use the consel command to get to skywind so i can only get there whit a new charecter yes

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How about when you walk under the gate near Riften you are prompted with a message asking you do you want to travel to Morrowind. This would be for characters that have already been created in Skyrim and after you travel for the first time you can travel back and forward using the map marker.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

comment removed lol

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

what about,

you go to the gate that separates morrowind and riften and theres a group of imperial guards and they say "stop in the name of the law criminal scum", arrest you and put you on the prison ship :)

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Are they time traveling imperial guards lol
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Trytonlee

what about,

you go to the gate that separates morrowind and riften and theres a group of imperial guards and they say "stop in the name of the law criminal scum", arrest you and put you on the prison ship :)

 

Nice idea ;) But unfortunately the game doesn't let you that far, you have to a edit a ini file or something first...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i was thinking the imperial guards would have a dragon priest tardis or atleast a siltstrider with a built in flux ccapacitor that activates when they travel over 88mph

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

if tamriel was a real place i wouldnt be bothert bij time diferens because i would live for ever 1 way ore a other vampire ore mad god enough possibilities also if i die so many want to claim my soul 

but thinking up a story to make sense of traveling between elder scroll games would just make it stupid u can say the skyrim charecter relive's the story of ..... but saying hey just travels there is just bad 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Do we have to stick to the lore in this? 

Why not have a small scene happen? After the Imperial guard's capture you. A scene is shown, where you're a prisoner riding a ship, and some sort of an unusual storm happens then your character passes out...

"Yeah, but how can a storm travel you through time?" You ask.

It's no usual storm, as I wrote above, should be something that involves Magic, the black kind, that is. Something that makes sense, and sticks to Morrowind's main story. :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The whole time travel thing seems a bit weird in my opinion (and I know there is magic in TES, but it would just feel out of place). This should be a new game, not Skyrim, not Morrowind, but Skywind. I think it would play much better with a new character entering Vvardenfell exactly as the Nerevarine did back in 2002. Playing as the Dragonborn would ruin the experience for those who worship the original Morrowind in my opinion. Those who want their Skyrim characters could get an extra mod or something. It shouldn't be too hard to make an extra mod to do that.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

BegottenMeridian

Those who want their Skyrim characters could get an extra mod or something. It shouldn't be too hard to make an extra mod to do that.

In fact, I think we should get this added to the FAQ. It seems like a third of the activity in this forum nowadays is dedicated to this question...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm tempted Mooncat..... Like a big warning saying "DO NOT DISCUSS THIS TOPIC OR DIE!!!!"  or maybe something a bit nicer.  :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Anyway, I'm going to add AlexP map marker into our release....no lore...no objections...just a nice easy way so that people can test our beta Skywind.

We need an esp for Digitals start game fix and a few other Skyrim effected elements, so this travel marker is going to be added to that. Thanks for doing this Alex.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have always though of this idea, I didn't know that it wasnt even being worked on :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)