Skip to main content

[RELz] Ascadian Isles Landscaping

Submitted by Vincent Steinkopf on

[External image]

LASTEST UPDATE:   10/29/2013 to V1.8

I have been working on the Ascadian Isles bringing it up to par with the new Creation Engine for Skywind.

This is the master thread. check here for all progress updates. I will update this thread everyday.

I have a map that I am using to showcase my progress you can see what is done here. This map will also be updated everyday.

Map scale: 1 square = 4 cells

Updated on 07/26/2013 @11:30am EST to V1.1

  • Added a semi-thick forest around Pelgaid.

[External image]

Updated on 07/27/2013 @4:30am EST to V1.2

  • Smoothed out landscape in some area's around Pelgaid.
  • Corrected a few badly placed props
  • Added a thicker mushroom forest north of Pelgaid.

[External image]

Updated on 07/27/2013 @10:20am EST to V1.3 - Merged with Skywind v0.8

  • Created a neat little grove on the peninsula just north of Pelgaid.
  • Smoothed out beach shorelines. Beaches should be flat where they meet the water not 30+ degree slopes.
  • Made further placement corrections and additions to the area around Pelgaid.

[External image]

Updated on 07/28/2013 @3:34pm EST to V1.4

  • The northern shore now has a thicker forest and better rock formations along the cliff edge.
  • The path around to Balmora has improved rock formations and a much thicker and balanced forest of mushrooms and trees.
  • Started adding more details underwater like rocks, plants, etc.

[External image]

Updated on 07/31/2013 @3:07pm EST to V1.5

  • Finished the entire northwestern part of the Ascadian Isles
  • Added a bunch of new screenshots

[External image]

Updated on 08/01/2013 @12:25pm EST to V1.6

  • Nothing special to say this time around.

[External image]

Updated on 08/01/2013 @5:14pm EST to V1.7

  • Working on the Finished the area around the plantation. The plantation features a much more open landscape.

[External image]

Updated on 10/29/2013 to V1.8

  • Almost to Suran!!!

[External image]

Video from 1.7

Here are some current screenshots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 8 Dec 2014 - 20:19.

Dude this is what I want to see. I wish the grass didn't look like that along the road in pic 3. It's like that everywhere and its a huge pain to get it to look right

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Very nice work, keep it up! I can't wait to explore skywind when you guys are done
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

damn, this is just awesome :) old ascadian isles getting the makeover she deserves :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

neat

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That's what I'm talking about. This blows my stuff out of the water! Keep it up, and keep us posted. Love to see the progress :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Dude this looks so insanely cool, you're freak'n awesome at modeling, keep up the great work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

even though i am quite experienced with the ck , i am really bad when it comes to being artistic and having an eye for details. so your work really amazes me! especially picture 3 is lovely!

also nice work on planning your workflow with the posted map!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

We just need specific weathers for areas now, the Ascadian Isles are meant to be a very fertile land, so lots of sun, a bit of rain... I'd love to some how make a mod like Climates of Tamriel that changes the general colour of an area without using ENB.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Absolutely beautiful work Vincent - just amazing.  smiley

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

definitely. Eloth and happychappy worked on the bittercoast weather types for example.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

good work but there is a small issue, i am already working on ascadian isles currently near ebonheart so  before one of us overwrite the work of the other i think we should define which area(cells) would you like to work with

give me your opinion on what should be done...

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

get on his fancy map and coordinate from there!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Silvermodder

good work but there is a small issue, i am already working on ascadian isles currently near ebonheart so  before one of us overwrite the work of the other i think we should define which area(cells) would you like to work with

give me your opinion on what should be done...

 

sounds good. I am willing to work around your work. I plan to work across the Ascadian Isles from west to east in the northern region for now as dictated by the map. So I shouldn't be interfering. Tell me your desired work area's and I will work with what you want. yes

[External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ok i am going to work south of you.

this is the map with a possible division the blue area mark the frontier between your work and mine and in brown is the area where i am working on

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sounds like a plan yes

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is really looking awesome! Keep up the amazing work. *Sigh* If I only I had learnt to do this >.<

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

^
Doing this is actually easy(it's just dragging an item into the render window and hitting F), but it requires someone with an eye for landscaping.

Also keep up the good work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can't wait for no black textures in the next release!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue I seem to be experiencing. Skywind with my current settings.

[External image]

Skyrim with same brightness settings and everything.

[External image]

I am just curious is this is just me or everyone is having this "washout" effect.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

this is my work around ebonheart i hope you appreciate

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i like the swampy one

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Vincent Steinkopf

I am just curious is this is just me or everyone is having this "washout" effect.

Probably the weather settings just need to be tweaked.  They are not really 100% final yet. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

so far so good just dont make ebonheart too swampy though, it isnt in a swampy region

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

this looks awesome ingame, just tested it in 0.8.0 release :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

In screenshot 11 (or others showing distant land, mountains, etc) How do you make them appear blue like in real life, instead of that light brown?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

FXAA Injector + my own ENB config

I do plan on posting this config since I have had several requests.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Simply brilliant sir!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Really like your latest video.

Keep in mind that with release of 0.8 you have to start a new esp for landscaping (right after you sent it for merging). Also the latest 0.8.0.1 update pack has a new textures for "rock grass", I see they are still pink (old ones) in your video.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I also made a video of the Ascadian Isles a few days back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_bhCM1zcA

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Today I plan to get an enormous amount of work in cool

Also great video Lasentry

You're in for a big surprise when you see the final product.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

YAY. . . . . . Is all I can say lol, I have like 12 dev update videos to catch up on when I finally get my pc!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah it's going to be awesome. Are you going to edit image spaces?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think he's just doing level design and clutter, placing things and such, image space I believe is being tweaked by the people working on weather and such
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ah ok

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Lol don't take my word for it though, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on but I don't know for sure I'm just guessing :p
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I made a new video check it out

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Has anyone used the word 'righteous' yet? If not, let me be the first to say that this looks positively righteous!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Who made the area that had the giant Emperor's Parasol with the little ones growing out of it? Because whoever that is is awesome and deserves to be recognized.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm not dead yet, just working 2 jobs now and very busy. Still don't have any way to hook up my gaming desktop. Might be a few more weeks.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I am alive and back with an update!!!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)