Skip to main content

Bard Rescripting Help, Starting a random scene.

Submitted by donAllister on

Hi guys, as you may or may not know I am making the Morrowind Bards play music, and I think eventually sing, and I need a little scripting advice, a snippet and an explanation would help a lot.

They sing on request based on the numbers in the below snippet.

I call on the number with this:
(GetOwningQuest() as MorrowindBardsSongsScript ).PlaySongRequest(Akspeaker,"Any",False,5)


Function PlayChosenSong(Int ChosenSong)

    Int Intro = Utility.RandomInt(0,1)
    If ChosenSong < 6
        LastSongPlayed = ChosenSong
    Else
        Bard2LastSongPlayed = ChosenSong
    EndIf

    If ChosenSong == 1
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Flute 1")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsFluteSong1.Start()
    EndIf

    If ChosenSong == 2
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Flute 2")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsFluteSong2.Start()
    EndIf

      If ChosenSong == 3
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Lute 1")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsLuteSong1.Start()
    EndIf    

      If ChosenSong == 4
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Lute 2")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsLuteSong2.Start()
    EndIf

          If ChosenSong == 5
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Drum 1")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsDrumSong1.Start()
    EndIf

          If ChosenSong == 6
             debug.Trace("MWBardSong Drum 2")
        InstrumentalSong = Utility.RandomInt(1,6)
        MWBardSongsDrumSong2.Start()
    EndIf

 
EndFunction

 

So what I'm looking for, as in the title is a way to get the bard to chose a song on there own without a verbal request from the player. The BardSongs default quest script seems more than I need, so I'm looking for a simple answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 14 Mar 2014 - 22:40.