Skip to main content

TESO and Skywind - Can it help?

Submitted by SikSikSikki on

Hiya guys! I've been following the Morroblivion for a long time. Since it began, as a fan, and an actual member since sometime in 2012, but this is my first official post.

First, I'd like to say that this is likely a thread for artists. Concepts, 3d, texture, what have you, since The Elder Scrolls online takes place in the era before the events of the Neraverine Prophecy in Vvardenfell. Not only that, but the area that was present for dunmer is actually on the mainland (where Mournhold is, but NOT where Mournhold is, if that makes sense) as opposed to Vvardenfell.

Getting to the point, I took a series of screenshots during my time in the beta of the dunmer town of which I forgot the name of. And while yes, this is an era before, and technically a different group of dunmer from the ones who survive the harsh wastelands of Red Mountains Vvardenfell, I think they could still be used as visual inspiration for those artists who are working on architecture.

Keep in mind though, that I took these screenshots before I had thought to share them with the Skywind community, but I did do my best to see as much as possible because I did want to share them with modders at least. Whether or not I post screenshots is up to you guys, since I'll likely have to send them privately so they aren't exactly out in the public... So this thread serves as a discussion once said screenshots have been handed out.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 14 Mar 2014 - 20:32.

Wasn't there a an agreement that came in the beta saying to specificaly not do that? I mean these guys already got Bethesda nipping at their heals they don't need zenimax coming down on them.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, Zenimax wouldn't come down on them. Just the user posting the image. During the beta, your personal e-mail used for the account is plastered across the screen as a watermark in case anything is shared.

But that's also why I said "Whether or not I post screenshots is up to you guys". because the last thing I want to do is screw over the development team.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

1. yes naughty naughty, ESO beta is meant to be a big secret.

and 2. apart from the AlikR desert and some lava stuff in morrowind, ESO looks like shit.
We have our own concepts of vaardenfell, all our regions are new and unique, but I didnt have time to paint much.
Heres some of what I did.

http://static2.nexusmods.com/110/images/110/4216862-1379601079.jpg

Some more concepts along our current ideas would be good. Mostly to guide landscapers when they use the new models/textures.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ESO looks really bad and while I briefly was thinking about giving it a try I changed my mind. It looks looks total shit. ESO is a PM2W MMO or Pay More 2(To) Win. simply put along with having to pay 60$ for to install the game and another 15$ as a monthly fee, in order to get the best stuff you'll have to pay even more. Not to mention the 30$-40$ Playstation plus/Xbox live. The cost of that game is getting out of control, and for what? all of tamriel unlocked? I'd much just wait and see if dark creations pull their "beyond skyrim" mod.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well the things that I was looking at, personally, were the smaller things, like clutter and such which are actually unique per region (like, small things like mugs and chairs and tables), and the dunmeri clutter looked really cool and unique to me, but I resign. Is it possible for a user to delete his own threads?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

dont have to, these brainstorms are still needed to flesh out ideas and project boundries.
Anyway, make us some assets! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yikes, what is with all the hate for ESO? It's one of the best looking and well made MMOs I've ever played. As it stands, ESO looks way better than Skywind at the moment... Also, Beyond Skyrim is NEVER going to get done. Their "team" consists of a bunch of kids throwing around ideas on scattered and disorganized forums. It's a mess. What this team needs right now is to not worry about other games and get our butts in gear. There is a lot to be done, and until more people step up, our progress will remain slow.  

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i wanne play eso but i realy dislike paying every month but i wanne see al of tamreil its al mixt feelings wont nowe for sure till its relaesed

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ok that hate for ESO mainly stems from 2 things. The high cost of playing it. The carbon copy format of MMOs.

I would have LOVED to form a guild of morroblivion players!! The project would official be on hiatus for a couple of months if that was the case, but good times no doubt.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Exactly. I don't want to pay $300 for the first year and $200 every following year... I wouldn't have minded something like $20-30 per year but $18 every month? Too much.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

SquallyDaBeanz

Yikes, what is with all the hate for ESO? It's one of the best looking and well made MMOs I've ever played. As it stands, ESO looks way better than Skywind at the moment... Also, Beyond Skyrim is NEVER going to get done. Their "team" consists of a bunch of kids throwing around ideas on scattered and disorganized forums. It's a mess. What this team needs right now is to not worry about other games and get our butts in gear. There is a lot to be done, and until more people step up, our progress will remain slow.  

 

You can't have played many MMOs.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That was unnecessary, Lium.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ra,ra,ra!... Theres no need for us to get upset about eso, inspiration can come from anywhere. We might use them we might not, so dude just hold off on the pics till Zenimax gives the go ahead. I really don't have a opinion on eso, so I could go either way, but thanks anyways for the post smiley

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi, I would like to preface this with a thank you for all the hard work everyone in this community has put into making morroblivion, skywind, and skyblivion a possibility. I was in the ESO beta and although I can agree that it isn't the greatest graphically nor mechanically (nor is it the worst by far) there is one thing I believe it excelled at, Lore. Everywhere I went there was a tid bit of lore to be discovered and immersed in. Although Zenimax the company (as in an institute designed to make a profit) is probably trying to milk ESO more than necessary, the actual game devolpers appear to have placed a great deal of time, effort and love in designing and creating the world. I think this is important to keep in mind because ultimately whether any elderscrolls game is good or bad doesn't really matter to me just as long as I get another opportunity to explore Tamriel and its history. This is the opportunity both ESO and Morroblivion provide (although I'll concede y'all are providing it at a much lower cost). Sorry for the long speech I just thought I'd give my two cents. Once again thanks for all the effort you guys are putting into this awesome chance to re-explore morrowind and cyrodiil!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Due to the very addictive nature of MMO’s they consume your precious time, cash and maybe even your entire life. My advice ( ex EVE-Online player ) do not even look at MMO gameplay, or you will be DOOMED for life!

It will cost you a lot more then just the subscription fee.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Your entire life, thats hard. I think the patterns of MMOs are much to simple. And ESO is no difference. There is no real depth at all. I allways get bored after a couple of days from any MMO. No I don't need to play this. At least we'll see some new architecture and lore. That could be intersting indeed.

P.S. have you seen the 1st person? It's even more worse than skyrims. And I truly believed it would not be possible to create an even more ugly version of it. But they managed that...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)