Skip to main content

Game won't use Skywind

Submitted by go.joep on

My skyrim game will not recognize skywind. I installed it and everything seemed to work fine. Other mods work perfectly. I made sure to check the boxes by skywind.esm and skywind-patch.esp and disable other mods. The game plays as if it was never installed. I even tried COW WRLDMORROWIND -4, -12 or whatever it was to try and transport myself to morrowind but it seems not to exist? Morrowind works fine on its own and i have tribunal and bloodmoon. I tried nexus mod manager and that did not work either. Im stumped... 

Any ideas?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Did you read the instructions, If you did read them what did the instructions tell you, and does the suggested instructed method work?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If you are referring to COW WRLDMORROWIND -4, -18 i tried that and it gave me the parameter not found, script not saved error.

I also tried adding SStartingCell=SeydaSNeen01 to my skyrim.ini as mentioned in an earlier thread and that did not work either. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi there,

I have the same issue, so I'm gonna save you guys another topic concerning same problems.

Pretty much same situation. I've installed Skywind via release thread. Pretty sure I've done everything correct - especially since I'm not new to installing mods and I've checked everything few times (subfolders are just as indicated in the thread).

First thing I tried was adding correct lines to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Skyrim files but there was no need, since they were already there.

I also ran the game as administrator and I tried running it through Nexus Mod manager. Oh and changing Starting Cell didn't help either.

I know that you must be tired of helping every single person that can't get the whole installation process right, and i know how often it turns out that the problem lies in some stupid mistake, that's why I also tried reinstalling everything (so right now the whole skyrim and morrowind are vanilla games). 

So if anyone has any other idea how this problem can be solved, please share! I would appreciate it and surely creator of this thread as well. I'm really looking forward to try out Skywind - Morrowind was one of my favourite games when it appeared. I also did a little modding then and I think that I could be of use when it comes to some simple tasks. I know it's not much but still... ;)

Cheers!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Are both Skywind.esm and the Skywind patch.esp files actually enabled in your load order?  You have to check the boxes. and put Skywind patch.esp toward the bottom.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yes they are. I have even used nexus mod manager to ensure that they are active and in order.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Anybody have any Ideas? This seems to be a somewhat common problem.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So if you hit start new game, it only starts Skyrim?

Did you open your Skyrim launcher.exe and make sure both Skywind.esm and Skywind-Patch.esm are checked? Sometimes the NMM just shits it self, and doesn't bother.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If you have installed everything correctly, then you should be asked if you want to start in Skyrim or Morrowind when you start a new game.

Btw,the COW WRLDMORROWIND -4, -12,should be COW WRLDMORROWIND -4 -12 [no comma between the numbers,just a space].

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ok so as stated above, I had the same problem and I don't anymore and the reason was... Hehe... Getting original version of Skyrim. I don't really want to suggest anything, just saying that was the only difference between my "working" installation and "not working" one.

And before you guys say anything and make me feel like ice-hole - in my defense I have 3 different original versions of Morrowind and one Collectors edition of Oblivion. Skyrim was last in queue... And I really try to spend as much money on original games as possible.

Cheers!

E:

I hope you understand I don't try to accuse anyone of anything, I'm just stating that this is the thing that solved my particular problem.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Doesn't matter dude. Piracy is illegal and immoral. I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who apparently pirate on this site. It's ridiculous is what it is.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)