Skip to main content

NO CLOTHES

Submitted by critiqx on

well, I recently installed Skywind. I followed the installation procedure on the skywind YT video. I play it, I got some bug (i guess) when I choose the thief sign on birthsigns my character got cover with bluish metallic skin coating. So I ended up to pick other birthsigns. Then when I got out on on the Seyda Neen...

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

Oh, we're just beta testing the Skywind nude dlc.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

At last somebody confirmed that its successful! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yes we're getting round to clothes aside from a million other things, give me hundreds of dollars and Id do this full time :p


also: wow, super low res!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah sweet, we've been looking for testers.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yes we're getting round to clothes aside from a million other things, give me hundreds of dollars and Id do this full time

Like $200? Think we'd be able to rummage that up ;-)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

critiqx, a little insider information: We will give all the NPCs clothes in a single iteration. But to do that, we need to have the clothes ready and since we are recreating them, we're not done yet. The nude DLC is a skywind dev joke ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

that why!
>w<
well, what about the shiny thingy on the thief birthsign?
is this a par of nude dlc?

to sire Ravana: yeah. I have to run it in low res, coz of fps issues, de gozaru. :)

to sire LASentry: can I be one of the few testers? I really want to be a part of this dev. I'll try to make some of meshes and texture for armors and weapons, de gozaru.
:)

to sire digitalparanoil : thank you so much for informing me sire.
i thought that this was a bug or something, de gozaru. 

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

You are testing the nude DLC, that's why you have it, is it not?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, I downloaded the latest version of skywind. If I'm not mistaken It was .0.8.0. I just install it, thats all. Well how can I fix it or disable it.
:)

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

You will know that you did something wrong, if you feel uncomfortable and can’t keep your eyes of there private parts. Then just disable Skywind.esm

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm sure this has been explained before, and I hate to break up the fun. Morrowind had a different armor system, all broken down into pieces, Pauldrens (L and R), Gauntlets (L and R), Boots, Grieves and Cuiresses. Skyrim only has one armor that does all of those parts, other than one pair of gauntlets and boots. The other issue is that Skyrim uses "Outfits" so just having clothes in the inventory doesn't mean the NPCs will wear them, matter of fact, unless it's an "outfit", they won't. It's a technical issue that obviously has not been addressed yet.

Outfits are probably going to have to be created for all of the NPCs. Unless the team makes a script that automatically creates an outfit from the inventory.

You guys get this question a lot, I'm sure.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, thank you sire donAllister.

to sjor : well, I didn't do anything wrong its just i want to play it like I played Skyrim. I want to see those awesome armors and tunics. In fact if I want to see those naked bodies then I'll just go on some sites that introduce those naked babes.

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

I hate to diminish the amount of work you guys are putting into all of this, but wouldn't it be easier just to start everybody off with Skyrim style iron armor? At least then, the npc's could look decent and fight back.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Maybe even generic Skyrim common clothes as a stand-in. It seems everyone else is against it though.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Either way it's going to be a ton of work to set up all of the NPCs, might as well do it as close to correct as possible. Plenty of Morrowind armors available for Skyrim, it's more about choosing which one and going through the process of changing the NPCs accordingly. It's going to be awhile till it's playable as a game anyway. Might as well do it right.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What are the chances of getting one of the modders that's already done the work involved?

Like this person.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22793/

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

donAllister

Either way it's going to be a ton of work to set up all of the NPCs, might as well do it as close to correct as possible. Plenty of Morrowind armors available for Skyrim, it's more about choosing which one and going through the process of changing the NPCs accordingly. It's going to be awhile till it's playable as a game anyway. Might as well do it right.


Umm, actually, if we had all the armor and clothes ready, it would take around 5 minutes to dress all the npcs. Skyrim ck dresses npcs with outfits, so we have a TES5Edit script that creates an outfit out of the npc's inventory, and adds that outfit to the npc. But if I recall, all of the clothes and armor has to be done before we can run the script.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So, it's more a matter of choosing the outfits to employ?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

so it just need to get sorted out whats missing  ?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

critiqx

Well, thank you sire donAllister.

to sjor : well, I didn't do anything wrong its just i want to play it like I played Skyrim. I want to see those awesome armors and tunics. In fact if I want to see those naked bodies then I'll just go on some sites that introduce those naked babes.

If you want the NPC's to be clothed, maybe you could lend a helping hand?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

CiaranB123

critiqx

Well, thank you sire donAllister.

to sjor : well, I didn't do anything wrong its just i want to play it like I played Skyrim. I want to see those awesome armors and tunics. In fact if I want to see those naked bodies then I'll just go on some sites that introduce those naked babes.

If you want the NPC's to be clothed, maybe you could lend a helping hand?

Yup..

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Don't waste time on something that can be scripted in TES5Edit in 5 minutes.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Exactly just need the clothes and armours to actually be made before we can apply anything so I just say try getting people focused on that, not discussing how to implement them when zilav already has a script that will, we know how to implement the outfits we just need stuff to implement!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You could also do what I did and just use tes5edit to give everyone a temporary outfit, I was going to use it for video making purposes (so everyone isnt naked in my vids) but that panned out Well Lol my main pc exploding and all Lol, although it isn't recommended I would just be patient and wait as it required editing the actual master which is never good if you don't know what you're doing, it also means you would have to redo it every time a new master was released
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i'm still getting the weird .metallic sheen from the theif sign

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

The npcs do have clothes in their inventory don't they. Under certain circumstances they will put them on. ( I knocked out a dude in a dwemer ruin and when I tied him up, he suddenly put his clothes on) Also the imperials and guards wear their armor. So why are the other npcs not wearing the clothes they have ?

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

Because they are not set to since clothes aren't ready. What they "put on" is just vanilla Skyrim placeholder models.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Skywind isn't finished by the way.

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

If you can not wait just put skyrim clothes on them with  console commands for example equipitem d191f. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So, whats the plan with the clothes then, if I might be so bold as to ask. I see from unpacking the Skywind assets BSA that there infact seem to be some meshes within the clothes folder. What remains to be done with the clothes. Anyone working on them at the moment ?

Have the meshes been converted yet ?, what about the textures. Will the original texture be upto scratch ?

What about bodys as well, cbbe, unpb etc, lots of different shapes and sizes.

I've never been able to work out how to get the mesh conversion tool working. But I could certainly have a crack at converting clothes and armor meshes to fit different bodies. As thats just a matter of following Nighteasys  max tutorials and a spot of nifscope copy pasting. I was intending to have a little bit of a playof the main quest line to see how its coming along, do a bit of testing etc. But everyone naked is just.. well, , a bit distracting lets say.

 

Might be nice if someone who is capable could implement a temporary patch to get them to put there placeholder clothes on. Its a matter of editing the npc's in the CK is it ?

 

gendundrup m8, thanks so very much for you input there. I thought Skywind WAS infact 100% complete, so its great that you put me straight there, thanks bro :)

If I have any more questions should I just come straight to you ?

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

People will make entirely new clothes as they have with weapons and armour, they can then be applied to multiple NPCs at once, if I remember correctly.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

To clarify, indeed some assets already exist but they're not ours. So our lovely modelers will re-create them so we own them and they will make them to 2014 standards. This just takes time.

With regards to the NPC being naked, they will be updated all at once using a tes5edit script in a future release (no timeline). The idea is that this scripts will only keep one dev busy when we will write it. Executing it will be a matter of seconds. So compare that to painfully edit all the NPC manually ;) We can focus our efforts elsewhere.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Righto, thanks very much for that answer. Its clear and makes sense. Should I find the motivation within me, I'll make a morrowind hat or something.

Karma: -1 (1 votes)