Skip to main content

Mod not working

Submitted by Narvuntien42 on

I am using a non steam version of basic skyrim.

I had some trouble with the downloading and installation. I have finally managed to extract to a separate folder and copy paste the assets into the data folder of skyrim.

Then used the installer away from the assets zip. (it wasn't working together)

I have turned off read only and made the launcher run as administrator.

I have no other mods and I am only using the Data files button to load the mod, no third party software.

Clicking on data files gives me three boxes Skyrim, Skywind patch, Skywind. I cannot untick Skyrim. but the others can be ticked.

I launch the game and it runs as if there is no mod.

Typing into the console doesn't "cow wrldmorrowind -5 -5" does not work. wrldmorrowind is not a reconigsed command

(Windows 7 64 bit)

Is there anything else I can try to get it to work? Do i need a specific version of skyrim?

I wrote this in the other thread but it got confused with my editing.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Are you loading the Skywind.esm file and the patch? The patch file should be the last one in your load list (except for maybe a bash file).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well failing to warp to wrldmorrowind means that Skywind.esm isn't loading.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/475677-some-of-my-mods-dont-stay-checked/

Read step two. Make sure it's not set to read only, and make sure Skywind is there. If it isn't there, then add it there. Here is an example my setup.
 


# This file is used by Skyrim to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
Skywind.esm
Skywind - Patch.esp
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Skywind is meant to be loaded before Skywind - patch.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There isn't any way to change the order. they are just in the order they are under the data files section.

I renamed the patch to USkywind just so that it would appear second. nope (changed it back)

I have unticked read only for all skyrim files now.. nope.

Dowloading NMM to see if this fixes it.

Ok it turns out I can't keep the "read only" unticked on my skyrim folders no matter what I do.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You need the latest version of Skyrim otherwise you won't be able to change the load order. This is what it's meant to look like. Otherwise you will have to use NMM or manually change the text file. Are you using version 1.0 of Skyrim or something? Because Skyrim.esm shouldn't even show up in Data Files.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ah HA!. Updated skyrim... now it works :D!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)