Skip to main content

Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious

Submitted by thinzad on

I'll admit that this make me look pretty dim, but I have just now realized what an incredible task you have undertaken:  the whole world of Morrowind is designed for characters with stats (Strength, Luck, Intelligence, etc): from the alchemy ingredients and related potions, to Magic spells and weapon effects, to the Taunt/Bribe options during converations.  All things that the Skyrim engine wasn't designed to handle. 

Please accept my apologies for all the bad thoughts I have had regarding how little progress has been made.  I'm beginning to suspect I won't ever see Skywind completed.

Karma: -4 (4 votes)

thinzad

I'll admit that this make me look pretty dim, but I have just now realized what an incredible task you have undertaken:  the whole world of Morrowind is designed for characters with stats (Strength, Luck, Intelligence, etc): from the alchemy ingredients and related potions, to Magic spells and weapon effects, to the Taunt/Bribe options during converations.  All things that the Skyrim engine wasn't designed to handle. 

Please accept my apologies for all the bad thoughts I have had regarding how little progress has been made.  I'm beginning to suspect I won't ever see Skywind completed.

Well without any offense I'm going to completely disregard what you've said. The project has been progressing nicely and has been gathering steam since the new influx of members.

If you have nothing useful or constructive to add to the site don't bother posting. Its doesn't help anyone. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Definitely agreed there. We have a few contributors tirelessly balancing everything to cater towards Skyrim's streamlined style of leveling and progression. If you want to make a compatibility patch for that mod that gives you all the old birthsigns and classes, be my guest, but it will be an optional addon.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I apologize that you believe we haven't come a long way from making a direct Morrowind port into the Skyrim engine, thinzad. If you truly want this project to come to fruition, I'd encourage you to look at our various departments and see if you can contribute in some manner. There are tons of content being created every single day for this mod and we would love to have your expertise thrown into the mix just as anyone else's. Here is a list; http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/3681. 

 

In less polite terms, put up or shut up. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You seem to taken my comments 180 degrees from how I intended them: the Skywind project is amazingly more complex that I had first realized.  Certainly more than *I* am capable of doing, and I admit that.

Karma: -2 (2 votes)