Skip to main content

Skyblivion Trailer

Submitted by Suade on

Hey guys!

This is just a quick video I threw together to show my appreciation for making my dreams into a (WIP) reality ;) 

http://youtu.be/Nlzj6K7G2hc

I also wanted to draw in more people from the modding community into the project, which I assume is alright or else I wouldn't be here with you guys! :)

Thanks for bringing back my childhood,

Alec

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by Suade on 21 Oct 2012 - 07:39.

I made an esp that relinks all the doors and (cities and dungeouns) and fixs the trees Of the great forest but I can't use version control to merge my esp to the esm. I set up all my path in my network coreectly and the creation kit works untill I actually merge the file it gives me the error "cannot find target master".

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow that sounds great! Does your esp use Oblviirim and Skyrim as masters? If so, I don't think you can merge them yet.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This particular esp is for Skyblivion? Would love for you to upload the esp so I could give it a try! If we can get this working we'll have made a good amount of progress!

Speaking of progress, check out my new video:

http://youtu.be/Xeu5a9WJLzE

Again sorry for the crappy quality, I wanted it to be a quick upload so I compressed the size but it really reduced the quality. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Supreme,

The error "can`t find target master" usually means that the path to the merging/data folder is not correct,or that you might need to map that drive as a network drive.

Check that you have entered the computer name and all paths correctly,you proberly have but worth checking.

But like Mehh states,if you are using skyrim.esm as one of the masters,it will not merge yet.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Random question, can Skyblivion use use other texture mods yet? I tried Qarl's Oblivion and Skyrim HD 2k textures and nothing changed. However, I was able to change the trees and flora so I'm not sure. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

 

The ESP I made dose Not use skyrim as a master. And I'm almost possitive that my paths are correct.  Before when my paths were wrong I got the error "can not locate target master" when I first launched the creation kit but now it only happens when I hit  "check in". I'll keep trying the get it to work.

My ESP changed the grass and replaced the obivion ferns with skyrim one(I used tesvsnip to merged thing from the skyrim esm to my own esp:) just a tip if you want to use tesvsnip: never ever edit the Oblivion_sk.esm only edit your esp.)

Also I only ever use qarls texture mod for Oblivirim/Skyblivion howerver you must make sure when installing it the the texture the ones your installing do not have a hiPoly mesh along with it. As in the cities/(most)dungeons won't work yet but ground textures will. it might take a while to sift through the textures and see if you can use this one or that one, so... yeah. Anyway I sopose  we could convert the nifs that are in qarl's textures but I'm not sure how to work 3ds max yet.

 

I think we should have a Skyblivion fourm area so we can stop clutting up the SKYWIND section of the fourms.(yes I put SKYWIND all cap on purpose)

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ah I see. The esp tells the oblivion_sk esm what textures to load instead of directly editing the esm, is that right? Why can't you edit the oblivion master? I assume a lot of work still has to be done with that esm.

 

And agreed! It gets a little mixed up. Where's Clint when ya need him?! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You can't edit a ESM directly with the creation kit. You must make an esp and then merge it in version control and if you only edit the ground textures there is no need for an ESP/ESM(as long as you install the textures correctly and replace the default textures).  the esp I made also adds oblivion gates but they're not complete yet as the are always above ground and enemies never spawn(I would have to use the skyrim esm to get enemies to spawn and I can't do that yet). I think could add music but I only have mp3's of Oblivion music. I also replaced the trees Of the great forest with tree of the gkb mod resource(It had a huge expansion recently) I didn't do areas beyond that(great forest) because I didn't have all the trees I needed (cyprus, willow, redwood) I never payed to much attention to oblivions trees. They all looked the same to me. Of cource I had to hand place each and every tree (which took hours) because making hundreds of the same tree looks bad. but still The esp I made makes the province look much better. But I noticed some thing while testing my ESP

1.) There Is a LOT LESS frezzes 

2.) The shadow around the walls of the cities are... Glitched

3.) interior lighting is glithed. (I might need to use the skyrim esm to fix this.) 

4.) Skyrim is a much Brighter game then Oblivion and as such every thing look alot different then Oblivion( I think if I change the wheather data I could make it darker but I would need the full skyrim.esm)

Anyway all this could be for nothing if I don't get version control working. ),:

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Crap Supreme, I'm sure if you ask one of the Skywind guys to merge it for you they would? Or better yet, ask for some help on getting VC to work for you, so you can start merging them for yourself (:

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I made 2 mod so far 

1.) all the stuff  for MorroBlivion 

2.) Receations of all my favorite Oblivion Mods (like expanded white gold tower, better waterfront, lost island chain, ect.)

So I would much rather learn how to use version control my self. plus I wanted to make 3rd to 4th era transistion quests(maybe even edit the skyrim start quest so you start in morrowind then move on to cyrodiil and then end up in skyrim) I would help out more on skywind but I only ever played about 45 minute of the real morrowind game and I was afraid of mess everything up.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna retexture skyrim's pine tree's to make them look more like redwoods but I want to merge my ESP's First (at least that way when skywind is done we can get off the ground running for skyblivion).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Lol that's wayyy down the road once we finish both Skywind and Skyblivion, but that would be cool to see each game transition into the next.

What you have done so far sounds epic! Good luck with merging it! 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Don't merge modification that come from oblivion mods please :/ (it may be good but it won't be consensual)

Talking about trees, can someone convert vurt trees meshes from morrowind? It could be very useful for both projects (the bitter coast trees would be perfetct in blackwood, and there are also weeping willows). Of course, we need to ask him first but he will probably agree (he already gave his permission to dark creation team).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I was only recreating mods from Oblivion for my own personal use(infact I have two esm's. One for all my own stuff and another for all stuff needed for skyblivion). Thats why I want the get version control working myself so I can make mod for myself. However the Oblivion_sk.esm is plane broken for me. It can't be loaded with the skyrim.esm untill it is merged with an esp that fixes that glitch. I can't tell if my esp fixes this glitch untill I merge it. Other wise it will a while before I can ever make any real progress with ncp's and quests. That or recreate every thing from skyrim that we might need from scratch (impossible) . As for morrowind trees, we should get oblivion trees for skyblivion and morrowind trees for skywind. gkb's trees look a lot like some of oblivion's trees so I used those, but I didn't do all of cyrodiil because I didn't have all the trees nesasary.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Little off topic question. If I have a bunch of Oblivion resources installed (Qarls texture pack, oblivion meshes, ect) will they conflict with anything in Skywind? Or vice versa? 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

In fact I've already released a complete tree mod in the "obliviskirym screenshot" topic (even if nodody noticed^^) . The main missing trees are swamp cypress, weeping willows and there are some of them in the vurt packs for morrowind with a very nice quality. They could also be nice in skywind because the original morrowind trees are already here but they are very ugly and outdated, and the one from vurt share the same system with vanilla skyrim (not the speedtrees from oblivion that can't be converted apparently).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

New video up! :) http://youtu.be/Pq5Vv_w7Vvo

480p was my bad. Next time I'll have at least 720p!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)