Skip to main content

hello and a test

Submitted by finndo77 on

greetings, I hope to be someone who sticks around and does not disappear.  I intend on helping with the NavMeshing to start and maybe I will learn how to help out with something else later.

going to keep this short for now, as I am testing an issue preventing me from posting.  (90% certain this will work this time, and if it doesn't, then no one will know I guessed wrong anyway :)

so far so good, made it past the first captcha when hitting preview...

 

*****update, since it appears to have posted

Currently Steam is downloading the game for a clean install so I Can work on this.  In the morning I will reinstall Morrowind and expansions and should be good to go after I get back into town either saturday night or sunday morning.

Just a note, as it may make a difference at some point, I run Skyrim off a RAMDisk (really freaking fast load times, 2 seconds or less for loading cells (interior to exterior and vice versa) and never more than 4 seconds for a save game load to an interior cell or 7-10 seconds for exterior cells, closer to 10 seconds when the game's RAM usage is over 2GB and closer to 7 seconds when under 2GB)  I have had cell loads so fast it fades out and fades right back in, never showing the loading image or lore text, nor loading the smoke (different interior cells in a dungeon).  I'll tell you though my system RAM takes a real beating since the HD texture update last week bumped my Skyrim folder to over 18GB.   Not too hard to do, and not too expensive, now that you can get 32GB of RAM pretty easily these days.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by finndo77 on 13 Feb 2013 - 21:32.