i have an idea! why you dont
Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new
Yes, Welcome.
These are {most probably}
Sorry for my Naievity
Hey
Absolutely!
Ok
Time
Wow, its been about 17 months since I was last active here, so much has changed, the forums are active once more just like they were when this project first started. In the interim my computer suffered some major heat related problems (read: MB fried after fans stopped working) and since then have been using a Mac, so no Elder Scrolls gaming really :(. Getting a new computer soon and starting programming courses in the new year so, I should be around the forums a lot more.
If you have a decent Mac, you
Tried that, but the only way
Tried that, but the only way to load mods to a vanilla oblivion install under cider is to manually go through and write them into the .ini file, as none of the launchers work in cider, as cider doesn't allow for programs which execute other programs.
Ah yes, I know exactly what
Ah yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. Can't get the CS or OBMM to work since they can't be installed inside the same wrapper, even though I've seen a wrapper that can launch multiple exe's from within itself. So the only question is, how do you install something inside the same wrapper?
Anyways, editing the plugins.txt file wasn't a big deal for me (talked about here), but I can imagine how much of a hassle that could be if you were running 50+ mods.
Just didn't want to see a fellow Mac person being deprived of Elder Scrolls awesomeness :D
Crack_2 wrote:i have an
Crack_2i have an idea!
why you dont contact with the people than release "Better Clothes" and ask to they if we can modificated their models to Morroblivion? The models fits very good, exepting for the arms (hahaha)
Already done. I've asked for permission at psychodog. We'll see if anyone is left alive over there ..
There are ways to run other
There are ways to run other programs within the wrapper, the problem being that it takes editing the .plist file and redirecting to other exes and then directing back to the actual game exe. Trying out a program called crossover atm, which is fully working wine with the ability to install actual programs. And don't worry about me being deprived from The Elder Scrolls, I have a working copy of every single one except Morrowind on this mac, and I am currently trying to install morrowind on crossover. The reason I refused to just edit the plugins.txt was that I still have my old data folder from my PC with 30GB of mods installed, which I found the game of oblivion too plain without.
Yeah, I remember back in in my Linux (Ubuntu) days hearing about crossover. I've heard good things about it, let me know how it works!
I even got the construction set to work under Cider and recognize my Oblivion game. Even made a little mod for Morroblivion with it.
As crazy as it sounds, I was thinking about coding a native Mac app that would handle mods, such as reading the names of the esp files, writing them to a new file plugins.txt file and overwriting the old one, and even moving around the mod order like OBMM, but I need to brush up on my programming a little and also have to see how Mac handles GUI and stuff. But yeah, that's later down the road for sure.

Help me with the testing of