RIP megaupload. RIP all the now lost mods stored on megaupload. ****You government. Thank you hackers for Ddosing Pro-sopa and government sites.
Did you guys see Wikipedia go
Did you guys see Wikipedia go dark for a day, and google censor its own banner in protest?
I'm really curious to hear more about this...
RE: megaupload, where one
RE: megaupload, where one falls, hundreds of others have already risen to take its place.
More about
The government has shown that it can and will take down websites that they dont like. They didnt even need this SOPA bill...They are taking our rights away. Obama signed a bill that says the government can put us in jail, search our houses without any reasons. This SOPA bill isnt really designed to end piracy. Obviously piracy wont be ended and this bill attempts to hault it by making us pay fourty seven million dollars in taxes in the next four years. But nothing can stop piracy. The SOPA bill will given companies the right to put people in jail for infringing copyright. Ie: A video on youtube of your baby playing next to the tv. Since the tv show doesnt belong to you, your are technically infringing copyright. Or even a facebook link to a website with material that is not theirs. Companies can use this to take down new companies that may in time threaten them. Like kinda like any new Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckenburgs....And so bascially hurray for fascism I guess? Goddammit I hate this place.....
Not Alone
I hate politics, but I keep
The UK is also reforming
The UK is also reforming practically everything at this time,the present government party is making it really hard for small or medium companys to survive,and the NHS in the UK is getting really bad.
The UK was booming before the last election,then in a mere 2 months a depression is declared due proberly to financing too many wars that imo do not [or should not] concern the UK.
MU was definitely my fave
MU was definitely my fave file hoster. I'll miss it. :(
Also
Just to be safe. If the govt takes down websites that host morroblivion content we should have backups stored on our personal computers.
I do a full backup of the
I do a full backup of the site every time I upgrade. We would lose a few posts, but it shouldn't be too bad.
Haha, that's what I like to
Haha, that's what I like to hear. :D
Good thinking Thermador. It
-No bromance,but agreed with
-No bromance,
but agreed with Robert. :D
robertneville777 wrote:'
<a title="View user profile." href="users/robertneville777">robertneville777</a>'Good thinking Thermador. It is very possible that if those bills get passed that we could be listed as "pirates" and taken down.
I hope to God that doesn't happen."
I don't think the gov wants to star a 'war' on the internet. As I understand it, the SOPA bill has been postponed indefinently. SOPA is just one more case of the US Gov shooting before they know what the target is. If this site gets banned I think everyone would need to write their respective congressman and seriously complain .. or just tell them how you feel during the next election.

I am a little bit
I am a little bit geographicly far from the topic. I know that this proposal might eventually mean that U.S. government can censor any websited they wish. What I want to ask is, how does the American media and people approach the situation.
If I am not mistaken, an election is coming near in U.S.A, is this posibble that it might affect the votes?