Skip to main content

Website Address

Submitted by Wolfe on

Just a thought on the address of this website, 

as the project continues to develop and gain more attention, fewer and fewer people are knowing it as 'morroblivoin' everyone is thinking and speaking in terms of 'skywind' 

basically saying that I think it would be beneficial to make the website easier to find by adopting the more recognized name of 'skywind.com' or what have you so that everyone who hears about the project and is interested (or wants to help) will have no problem finding the project site

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yeah ill pay for it if people want

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm not so sure, I know at least all the YouTube videos say from the morroblivion team and just link here, I'm fairly certain all the media is presentingus as the morroblivion team so if you hear about us you should know where to go, and remember the morroblivion project is still hosted here aswell Edit: also a change at this point would just be confusing, as most of the current media does say morroblivion and link here so if we changed it now all of our stuff would say morroblivion.com but it would no longer be that
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm just speaking from the viewpoint that the accessibility of this project should be maximized, now all it really takes to find this site is googleing "skywind" and pretty soon you'll find out you should go here, but why not take out the middle man so to speak? although i know only a few people (most of them not very technologically savvy) that couldn't find the site because they were looking for "skywind" i still think it'd be beneficial

the question is, would there be a way to own he domain name "skywind.com" and just have that re-direct to this site??

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ya a domain that hyperlinks here would work fine, if someone is willing to pay for the domain that is. I'm still not sure its really necessary most places just link here, but I guess it is a good idea for those who may get confuzzled over the whole morroblivion name
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No. Skywind is just a flash in the pan name, as is Morroblivion, Skyblivion, and SkyHigh. That last one is the porting of Skyrim into the ES6 High Rock. You get it...no point associating an entire website to one particular port.

I think its more beneficial to take up a name that represents converting Elder Scrolls games into newer engines.

Elder Scrolls Legacies

Elder Scrolls Generations

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I actually love that idea. you're right that it does represent better 

would a hyperlink from something like skywind.com hurt that at all?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If paying money for a domain name is considered hurting your wallet, then yes

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

fair enough

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i say dont change the al knowe u as morroblivion it isnt that hard to find just type in google skywind and u are here and skywind isnt the only project that wil ever be done here i am asuming

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

you're right, but neither is morroblivion. 

that's the conclusion we came to earlier, the change wouldn't be absolute just a hyperlink for easy accessibility.

personally i like what @happychappy was suggesting, a name that represents the bringing up of the older games into newer engines

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You guys do realize the you can have infinite domains pointing toward one web site?  And domains are fairly cheap as long as they are not part of a big company or bought up by a web address whore like Skywind.com has been. $5660 US dollars. Assholes. angry

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Dammit, I should have have bought that address and make you pay!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah companies park website address for the $5 or whatever a year in the hope that someone will want to get it. You have to be careful about putting a name out before parking the domain. I had a game I was working on with a friend and we made a wordpress website with the name and the very next day the domain was registered. So there are probably auto generated things to pick up on potential new names.

What I'm saying is register domain first, then use that name for other things.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

My domain wasn't taken when I tried, but who think of my name lol, I think it's coming along nicely as well, not to toot my own horn or anything but it's the first time I've built a website. stijmunkey.com

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I strongly suggest ditching the Morroblivion name as I have mentioned before. It carries a negative stigma amongst modding communities.

You guys work too hard to have a name oppress you from reaching the masses.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)