[RELZ] Chargen And Transport (CAT) mod v10
IMPORTANT: This is already included in my Morroblivion Complete Installation so you don't need it if you installed that.
This mod will conflict with anything that alters the beginning of the Oblivion main quest (e.g. 'main quest delayer' mods) and anything that alters Oblivion character generation (e.g. 'quick start' or 'alternate start' mods). Don't use them together! If you must use these mods, use Dave B's world transport mod instead.
While Dave B's world transport mod does the trick, I wanted to expand upon that with these additions:
- gives you options of where to start - YES!
- gives you options for quickstarts to skip the tutorials - YES!
- improves world transport realism - real dialogue, character interaction, realistic costs (1000 gold) and time delay (3 days) for world transport of this magnitude - YES!
- minimally impacts the game for maximum compatibility with other mods - 3 NPC's, a handful of objects and startmarkers, two cells, two quests, five scripts, two global variables, some AI packages etc - all cleaned in TES4edit - YES!
- works properly regardless of whether you have an existing Oblivion character, an existing Morroblivion character (but haven't used this mod yet) or if you are creating a new character to start out in either place - YES!
- plays the morrowind intro video if you are starting a new game in Vvardenfell OR if you haven't been there before - and it plays only once, and you can skip it if you want - YES!
- plays the morrowind intro music when you start a new game in Vvardenfell - YES!
The mod has been cleaned in TES4Edit but you should still check it if you're paranoid.
It has been tested by me with Morroblivion v024 through v052. It should continue to work with all future Morroblivion versions. If I get hit by a bus, updating the mod is pretty easy - everything I added begins with CAT (or aaaCAT for quests/topics).
You should use this mod instead of Dave B's World Transport mod, as they perform the same function. I don't think anything should conflict if you use both, but using both is pretty redundant and I can't imagine anyone will want to do this.
With this mod installed, you will start in an empty cell. A message box pops up (not immediately, but 5-10 seconds after you set your character's name and race) asking you where you want to go. There are four options. The "quickly" options are quick-starts that skip the tutorials.
- Vvardenfell, as usual: Normal Morrowind Start - just like how Morroblivion is now. You can use the world transport NPC on the ship in Seyda Neen to go to the Imperial City. To start the Oblivion main quest, you can find a dead knight outside of the usual sewer exit to the Northeast of the Imperial City Prison.
- Vvardenfell, and quickly: Fast Morrowind Start - puts you at the exit of the census and excise office with the package in your inventory and the Morrowind main quest started. Make sure to set a class and a birthsign when you exit (similar to the sewers in oblivion). You can talk to Jo'Tesh on the ship in Seyda Neen (during the day anyway) to go to the Imperial City. To start the Oblivion main quest, you can find a dead knight outside of the usual sewer exit to the Northeast of the Imperial City Prison.
- Cyrodiil, as usual: Normal Oblivion Start - allows you to start Oblivion as normal, in prison. You can talk to Kisimba the Imperial City Prison Courtyard (during the daytime anyway) to get to Morrowind later, and start the main Morrowind quest as usual.
- Cyrodiil, and quickly: Fast Oblivion Start - puts you right by the sewer exit with a chest of loot from the Chargen quest. Make sure to set a class and a birthsign when you exit. You can talk to Kisimba the Imperial City Prison Courtyard (during the daytime anyway) to get to Morrowind later, and start the main Morrowind quest as usual.
There are two NPCs added to the game. Jo'Tesh is on the deck of the ship outside Seyda Neen during the daytime). Kisimba is in the Imperial City Prison Courtyard during the daytime. They require 1000 gold to transport you between nations, and have a little unique dialogue of their own. Yes, I did stick to the Lore so this mod blends in well.
- Thanks to Dave B and his World Transport Mod - it helped out a lot in writing this one.
- Thanks to Xris for fixing the travel glitch, which gave me the methodology to put together this mod.
Download & Installation
1) Download one of these two files - CHOOSE ONLY ONE:
Link to LATEST version 10
Link to LATEST version 10 for people using realism mods like Real Hunger, Real Sleep, Vim and Vigor etc. The only difference is that in this version no time passes during transport, so your character doesn't die of starvation.
2) Extract the .7z file to your Oblivion\Data\ directory like any other mod OR install them properly with Wrye Bash - It's OK to overwrite files (if any) as there are some duplicates of those in my Morroblivion Complete Installation.
3) Upgrading from the previous version: just copy over the new files, activate the new mod in your load order, and deactivate the old mod in your load order
4) Any load order should be fine, it's not a complex mod. You should avoid using this mod in conjunction with any other mods that alter Oblivion's default character generation and tutorial process or any other fast start mods. When in doubt, put my mod at the end of your load order and disable all mods that alter character generation.
v1: Initial release
v2: Fixed a bug if you install this mod + morroblivion and want to use a pre-existing oblivion character
v3: Fixed a bug if you install this mod and already had a character you made in morrowind but you hadn't started the oblivion main quest. Also fixed an error where two 'amulet of kings' ended up in your inventory if you made certain choices. Added some more dialogue to the transport NPC's as well.
v4: Fixed a floating chair for one of the transport NPCs... didn't notice it until I went to take some screenshots.
v5: Added the ability to play the morrowind intro video when starting a new character in morrowind, or when travelling to morrowind for the first time. Replaced some dialoge so that the transport NPCs greet you based on what choices you've made to start the game (yay realism). Fixed some script issues. Toned down the fire in the starting cell so that your character's face is lit better. More realistic pricing for this kind of transport (1000 gold) and time passing by (6-7 days depending on which way you're going).
v6: A few more dialogue fixes for the transport NPCs and several fixes for the "Vvardenfell, and quickly" option.
v7: Huge rewrite, fixing numerous bugs, including problems with being able to start the official DLC quests and issues with Jo'Tesh not staying in place. Added AI to both NPCs, re-wrote Kisimba's character slightly, and moved Kisimba to the Imperial City Prison courtyard for continuity with the Morrowind storyline.
v8: Added Darth South's quest Icon and added playing the Morrowind Title Music if you start a game in Morrowind
v9: Fixed some issues, including: "Fast Morrowind start does not enable dialogue to free slaves" and "Fast Oblivion start means that some of the assassins in the tutorial are still alive". Also updated the mod for some minor changes to the master file.
Link to OLD version 9
Link to OLD version 9 for people using realism mods like Real Hunger, Real Sleep, Vim and Vigor etc. The only difference is that in this version no time passes during transport, so your character doesn't die of starvation.
Link to OLD version 8:
- Link to OLD version 8 for people using realism mods like Real Hunger, Real Sleep, Vim and Vigor etc. The only difference is that in this version no time passes during transport, so your character doesn't die of starvation. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qv3uhabl0vkeb9n/Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v8_for_Realism_Mods.zip
Link to OLD version 7:
Link to OLD version 7 for people using realism mods like Real Hunger, Real Sleep, Vim and Vigor etc. The only difference is that in this version no time passes during transport, so your character doesn't die of starvation.
Link to OLD version 6:
NONE!!! :-) Finally, nothing in this section. Still, if you are starting a new character for real, like a totally new game with a new character you are taking up to level 50, then you should use one of the "as usual" start points just to be safe.
Here are some screens from the beginning:
Now with character confirmation in Seyda Neen (just like in Oblivion)... you will not get this screen, of course, with a pre-existing character or if you choose one of the Cyrodiil start points with this mod.
Here is the Oblivion Quickstart, note the loot chest, which contains most of the items from the CharGen Quest that you skip (obviously this chest only appears if you choose the Oblivion Quickstart)
On the left, Jo'Tesh on the ship in Seyda Neen. On the right, in the Imperial City Prison Courtyard, Kisimba, hard at work:
And here is the dead knight that shows up if you haven't started the Oblivion main questline yet (either in your existing Morroblivion game, or if you start a new game with this mod, but choose one of the Vvardenfell start points) -- go pay him a visit if you want to start the main Oblivion questline:
Thank you Thermador!
This is the first true Morroblivion "Mod" based on the new Master.
I have placed a link to this page on my Project Releast Thread.
Btw ... have you thought of playing the original MW intro video when you first visit morrowind.
Very good release, thank you. This is very useful.
New version uploaded, with a few fixes. Pretty close to 'final' on this I think.
Hashmi1 wrote: Btw ... have you thought of playing the original MW intro video when you first visit morrowind.
That would be nice, but probably beyond my ability.
That would be nice, but probably beyond my ability. Laughing out loud
Just copy in the intro file from morrowind to Oblivion\Data\Videos\ and then add in the following command to the relevant portion of your script:
You can probably go like this:
scn xxxx SHORT DoOnce Begin xxx ... your code to teleport to morrowind ... If DoOnce==0 PlayBink "filename" Set DoOnce to 1 EndIF ... your remaining code if any ...
Version 5 includes:
- Added the ability to play the morrowind intro video when starting a new character in morrowind, or when traveling to morrowind for the first time.
- Replaced some dialogue so that the transport NPCs greet you based on what choices you've made to start the game (yay realism).
- Fixed some script issues.
- Toned down the fire in the starting cell so that your character's face is lit better.
- More realistic pricing for this kind of transport (1000 gold) and time passing by (6-7 days depending on which way you're going).
I realize that the last point is somewhat controversial, however, consider how far you are traveling... going by land would actually be much quicker than by sea...
UPDATE: After several hours of further testing under as many scenarios as I can think of, I'm calling this mod final, unless anyone has anything to report:
* Starting a new game with the transport mod using each of the four startpoints: all tested several times
* Installing Morroblivion, creating a character and starting the main quest, and then installing the transport mod and continuing: tested several times
* Installing Oblivion, creating a character, and then installing morroblivion and the transport mod after your Character has exited the sewers: tested several times
So after installing this, the world transport mod isnt needed? Is this a replacement?
Yes, this mod is basically an expanded version of the existing World Transport mod. You can use both, but it would be unnecessary and redundant. Just use one or the other.
As I mentioned in the first post, the previous world transport mod works fine and is very straightforward. However, it adds a ship in Anvil that conflicts with Better Cities (and any other Oblivion mod that changes the Anvil docks substantially), and it's not very realistic - why is there an enormous ship at the exit of the prison sewers as though they were expecting you? Why is transport free and instantaneous? Why does the tranport NPC not talk to you? etc...
Ultimately, multiple start options were the reason behind making this mod, but because it is easier to combine a start option mod with world transport (as they use some of the same globals, markers, etc.), I just made one mod that does it all.
Well, after you use the quickly option to Vvardenfell, if you get near the starting guards, they try to talk you and some of them makes tehir starting speeches. It might be because of preventing potential conflicts; but I wanted to point this out.
Thanks, I had this on my list and forgot about it. That is now fixed, as well as a few very minor issues I noted. Overwrite v5 with v6.
(copied from another post - issues with Chargen Mod)
-- either Morroblivion's ESM or either of the two transport mods breaks physical character generation (race/hair/eyes) and reduces it to "no-choice except initial default" and facial adjustments
-- when you start a game in Cyrodiil, using the Morroblivion Transport and Chargen Mod, character generation is incomplete (no birthsign assigned) and is only completed on the first voyage to Vvardenfell
-- after you start the MW main quest, the Khajiit (forgot his name) that brings you back to Cyrodiil disappears (intended?)
1) This has been reported a few times, including by me. However, I only experienced it with the default Morroblivion.esm start point. No one knows why it happens. Could be one of your 170 mods... Does it happen in the default Oblivion chargen if you disable Morrowind_ob.esm and all Morroblivion mods?
2 and 3) I have a feeling that one of your mods is probably causing this issue. I have only tested this mod with a VERY vanilla installation - just the bare minimum required. Try figuring out if any of your existing mods touch these areas. Are you using any other mods that impact the morrowind worldspace (i.e. old 'morroblivion' mods that are no longer needed)
UPDATE: Alright I went through and tested all 4 start options on Morroblivion v026, and they all work fine. No problems withany of those issues... you're on your own for figuring this one out, but I would start with BASH, BOSS and your mod list.
UPDATE2: I've created a fix for the hair/color eye color problem. Turns out I am still having it, but this fix stopped it. It is here: http://morroblivion.com/ash-ghoul-vivec-and-dagoth-ur-should-not-be-playable-races
No, the problem doesn't happen when Morroblivion and the Transport/Chargen are deactivated. I suspected Wrye Morph, since it is a bit hairy in some things, but that wasn't the cause, as far as I can find out.
It took a lot of time, BALO/BALO off, BOSSing/unBOSSing, readme re-reading, and manual sorting to get my list to work without problems (see below). UnBOSSing, because I had one of those rare cases where BOSS made everything worse
Thanks for the second post update, I'll try if/how far it helps.
My mod list (Wrye Bash 2.90) --- maybe you can spot something on a glance that I should change:
02 Cobl Main.esm [Version 1.72]
03 Open Cities Resources.esm [Version 3.5.6]
04 CM Partners.esm
12 Cobl Glue.esp [Version 1.72]
++ Cobl Tweaks.esp [Version 1.44]
13 Cobl Si.esp [Version 1.63]
14 Cobl Races.esp [Version 1.52]
15 Cobl Races TNR.esp [Version 1.53]
16 Cobl Races TNR SI.esp [Version 1.53]
17 Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp [Version 3.08]
18 Landmarks, w Wells.esp [Version 1.11]
19 Salan's Cellar.esp [Version 09]
1A Summon Bed.esp [Version -01]
1B Wrye Shivering.esp [Version 08]
1C Wrye Shivering Death.esp [Version 05]
1E P1DseeYouSleep - DLCVileLair.esp
1F Wrye Morph, X6.esp [Version 29]
20 Wrye Morph Keys.esp [Version 24]
++ Wrye Morph Wearable.esp [Version 19]
++ Wrye Morph-See You Sleep.esp [Version 25]
21 CM Partners.esp
22 Imperial Horse Armor.esp
23 Call Steed 2.5+Saddlebags 0.91.esp
24 Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp
++ 300_Combat Sounds.esp
++ Things Found Fence.esp
++ Visually Realistic Deadly Lava.esp
31 Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs.esp
32 Guard Sex.esp
33 Akatosh Mount By Saiden Storm.esp
36 OC+Imports Patch.esp
38 ACCCGR SI.esp
39 Ageha Tortured Soul HGEC.esp
3C Argent Iron Armor.esp
3D Battle China Dress.esp
3F Bonemold Armor Full.esp
41 Cryos Ordinator Lite.esp
44 FEZA Vesta Set.esp
48 LightGUTS Serenity.esp
49 Shadowlord Armours.esp
4A Slof's Claws.esp
4B SPB Belt Girl.esp
4C SPB Belt Girl 2.esp
4E UFF Dark Illusion School Uniform.esp
4F UFF & RM Warrior Skin.esp
50 Umarils Armor Separate - EV.esp
51 Kosai's Welkynd Armor.esp
52 Thunderbird Armor.esp
56 Icxth Sword.esp
5C JDNT_Brina Cross.esp
5D Feldscar.esp [Version 1.0.5]
5F SRGottshaw0.9 Beta.esp
61 runestone.esp [Version 1]
67 Smugglers OutpostV1.1.esp
68 KF Chapel Shop.esp
6A Amaterasu no Yume.esp
6B Auriel's_Retreat.esp [Version 1.1]
6D Faregyl.esp [Version 1.0.10]
++ ElsweyrAnequina - Races HGEC-Robert.esp [Version 1.2]
6E Elsweyr Anequina+Faregyl Village patch.esp
6F Tales from Elsweyr Anequina.esp
70 Elsweyr plantations & co..esp
72 New Valen.esp
73 new valen+anequina patch.esp
74 xulAncientRedwoods.esp [Version 1.6]
75 xulAncientYews.esp [Version 1.4.3]
76 xulArriusCreek.esp [Version 1.1.3]
77 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp [Version 1.1]
78 xulAspenWood.esp [Version 1.0.2]
79 xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp [Version 1.6.4]
7A xulBlackwoodForest.esp [Version 1.1.0]
7B xulBravilBarrowfields.esp [Version 1.3.2]
7C Tales Elsweyr Anq Bravil Barrowfields Patch.esp
7D xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp [Version 1.1]
7E xulCheydinhalFalls.esp [Version 1.0.1]
7F Villages-CheydinhalFalls patch.esp
80 xulChorrolHinterland.esp [Version 1.2.2]
82 xulCloudtopMountains.esp [Version 1.0.3]
83 xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp [Version 1.2.1]
84 xuldarkforest.esp [Version 1.0.5]
86 DibellaTempleWillowLakeVillage-EntiusGorge patch.esp
87 xulFallenleafEverglade.esp [Version 1.3.1]
8A xulImperialIsle.esp [Version 1.6.6]
8B xulLushWoodlands.esp [Version 1.3.1]
8D xulRiverEthe.esp [Version 1.0.2]
8E xulRollingHills_EV.esp [Version 1.3.2]
8F xulSkingradOutskirts.esp [Version 1.0.1]
90 xulSnowdale.esp [Version 1.0]
91 Feldscar+Snowdale Patch.esp [Version 1.0]
92 xulStendarrValley.esp [Version 1.2.2]
93 OC+COBL Luggage Patch.esp
94 OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp [Version 3.0]
95 Open Cities New Sheoth.esp [Version 1.1]
96 Open Cities Reborn - Full Merge.esp [Version 0.8]
** Open Cities Reborn Road Record.esp
97 OCR+ULCH Patch.esp [Version 1.0]
98 OCLR+ULBWForest Patch.esp [Version 1.0.2]
99 OC+Cheydinhal Falls Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]
9A OC+ULSkingradOutskirts Patch.esp [Version 1.0]
++ Item interchange - Extraction.esp [Version 0.76]
++ Item interchange - Placement.esp [Version 0.76]
++ Item interchange - Placement for Frostcrag Spire Revisited.esp [Version 0.76]
++ Item interchange - Option, Ingredients in Bulk.esp [Version 0.76]
9B Bashed Patch, 1 default.esp
A3 CTAddPose SPB 02.esp
A7 Slof's Sexy Anims.esp
A8 Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion.esp
Note: 59, 9d, 9d, and quicksexywalk are my custom mods, but they simply add CMPartners, clothes/armor/weapons or add the sexywalk to the player (my char is female). Can't be a problem there; tried with those four and everything loaded after Bashed Patch deactivated --- no change. Tried with only Bethesda ESM/ESPs --- couldn't change initial hair/eyes, as before.
Note 2: Doesn't matter where I load the Chargen/Transport mod, before or after CObl Races, just before Bashed Patch or, like now, at the top of load order. Things stay the same.
EDIT: forgot to state important things
Thank you, thermador, your patch resolved all problems I had (tried it with 025).
Thank you for making this. I really like the design.
I have a heavily-modded but very stable Oblivion game.
I just started a new game using this mod with v026...
and I found a few (minor) issues that I am hoping you might issue an update for:
1) For some reason, Jo'Tesh in Seyda Neen falls off the boat! I think maybe a mudcrab invades and the guard runs-around and pushes Jo'Tesh in the water. He swims locally but never returns to land or the boat. Of course it is impossible to talk to him in the water... so now I am unable to get to Oblivion.
It would be really great if you could detect Jo'Tesh in the water and have him get back on the ship.
2) Any character I create is immediately thrown in prison upon arrival in Seyda Neen. I'm not sure why. I use the "Inventory is a backpack" mod and drop everything thing I have before the guard comes. Nevertheless, I am always thrown in prison (naked even) on arrival. It would be nice if this was fixed.
I do use the "Ren Guard Overhaul" mod. Perhaps this issue is related to that. The game is acting like I have a bounty already on a newly created character.
3) When I speak with Kisimba (using an old non-morroblivion save-game) and try to travel to Seyda Neen, the dialog only shows a single "No, nevermind" selection. I don't get any other choice to travel. Is there some check behind this? I have enough money, but only get "No, nevermind" when trying to select a destination. I am using "Map Marker Overhaul" and "Tamriel Heightmaps" mods. Not sure if there is any connection. This works fine when using a save-game created from scratch.
1 I will look into this, I may have to add ai so that he goes back to where he is supposed to be.
2. Does this happen without my mod installed? It sound like something caused by one of your many mods.
3. This may be caused by your inventory mods... It checks for 1000 gold in your inventory and if you don't have it, you only get the nevermind option
2) I found the problem. The conflict is with "Jail Shackles v1.02" by DuggeDank. I removed this mod from my load list, and no more problem with being slammed in the clink!
3) I do have the 1000 gold. I suspected a conflict with "Inventory is a backpack"
http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21721 but on further testing, that does not appear to be it.
I'm still looking for the cause of this trouble.
I do have one other minor issue... I'm using Hunger and Sleep mods.
If I pay the 1000 gold to travel, can you stock up the boat with free food/drink and provide a real bed/cabin to rest in? (or maybe just add some restore health and restore magic and restore fatigue potions to my inventory?)
That way when we arrive, I can easily remove the penalty for several days sleeplessness at sea and barfing up all my food. Maybe reduce the trip length by a day? Hmmm.
I am using "Real Hunger Ex", "Real Sleep Extended", "Realistic Health" and "SM Encumbrance and Fatigue."
If I travel from Seyda Neen to Anvil my character collapses in a quivering mess on reaching Anvil.
Just think i should let you know that if you choose "Vaardenfell, and quickly" with your mod it disables the neccesary dialogue options required to free slaves. The normal start option is fine though.
Perhaps when using the teleport NPC and warping to the imperial city, it checks to see if you already have the amulet of kings and if you do, then it removes that option from the telport script.
Or if you Do happen to click on that, it just makes sure you only have 1 in your inventory at all times.
Secondly, if you start the game off in Vvanderfell and warp back to the imperial city prison and enter into the sewer, as you exit it prompts you to change confirm your race and all that business. Don't know if you can do anything about that, but it's something to consider.
Third, I don't know if I'm the only one on this, but the expansions like Frostcrag Spire or Deepscorn Hollow don't show up when you start off in Vvanderfell. I believe they may be triggered just as soon as you enter the imperial city sewers after escaping the prison. Perhaps having a script that chicks for that and enables it just as soon as you are out of the character creation rooms in Seyda Neen.
Ok I moved your post to the correct thread, since it is an issue with my mod and not the main project...
Regarding point one, the mod should already do that, please let me know if it doesn't.
Point two is on my list of issues that I couldn't solve, so I just had the script lock the sewer door. I will look into it inn the next version.
Point three is not something I intend to fix, as there is no wat to fix it. When those pop ups appear depend on the priority of ALL of the quests in your total game, including whatever mods you are using... They will pop up eventually but it may not be until you go to cyrodiil or until you've played the game for several hours depending on how many quest mods you have and what stage you are at in all of your quests.
Hmm. Well the quests never popped up naturally even after playing for over 15 hours. Even when I was in cyrodiil doing the main quest and closing gates.
I wonder if the mods themselves have a point where they pop up like when you enter the sewers. Then you can have that trigger also be a separate mod so when you exit the door in vvanderfell it will pop up too. I know you said you couldn't figure out how to fix it, but I'll see if I can figure something about. I know nothing about TES scripting, but I'll give it the old college try.
Hey, can you update what's linked on the download page for Morroblivion. The one you select when you click download on the main page: http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753 . It only links to your v2 which is horribly outdated compared to v6.
Most people wouldn't realize they would need to check the forum to get the latest version.
Um, no they are two different mods. David's transport mod v2 is a basic transport mod that was developed early on, and is completely separate from my CAT mod.
Uploaded version 7 of this mod, fixing MANY issues. Huge rewrite, fixes problems with being able to start the official DLC quests (these will start normally once you start the main quest by finding the dead knight), issues with Jo'Tesh not staying in place, etc.
Added AI schedules to both NPCs, re-wrote Kisimba's dialogue slightly, and moved Kisimba to the Imperial City Prison courtyard for continuity with the Morrowind storyline. Transport also only takes 3 days now, for those of you using realism mods.
Only thing I failed to figure out was why the "Go Free" topic disappears if you use the quick start in Vvardenfell. If anyone knows how freeing slaves functions in Morroblivion (where the dialogue topics are, scripts, etc.) please let me know.
Updated with a version that works with Real Sleep and Real Hunger.
Will it fix the issue with the official DLCs if you use an older character, or would it only work for new characters?
it should be fine i think...
if you already found the dead knight outside the sewers and touched him, open the console and type the following lines:
SetStage charactergen 88
SetStage MQ01 88
I'm using the Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v7
I choose the Cyrodiil and quick option sometimes,
and when I exit the sewer and hang around outside for at least a couple of minutes,
a mythic dawn assasin usually appears outside the sewer gate.
I've seen something similar before using an alternative start plugin,
where my character would start in a new cell,
and suddenly mythic dawn and blades would unintentionally appear.
But hey it's a feature not a bug unless its breaking the game.
And it's nowhere close to breaking the game. :)
Ah thank you. I forgot about them. I need to have the main script kill a few more NPCs when you choose quick start. Easy to fix, probably by next weekend in version 8.
Must say, it's a very cool mod thermador, really make it easy starting a new game many times a day. Very useful when modding.
Looking forward to version8
hey there, its a nice mod but for some reason with a character i created before i installed Morroblivion and this mod i cant find Kisimba
She will be sweeping the imperial city prison courtyard during the day. She has AI, so she's not going to be there during the night (she will be sleeping in the basement of the imperial watch barracks).
On the other hand, if you are using mods that heavily re-write the imperial city prison area, that may be the cause of the problem...
Um, does this mod conflict with the latest version of Morroblivion? I have used this for a while and i really need this mod to fully enjoy my game, so thats why im here to ask this. Thanks for advance.
It shouldn't conflict with anything but I haven't had time to install the latest version of Morroblivion yet. Oy, real life is a PITA sometimes...
Thermador: Just thought I'd report - I still get 1 ITM (or 1 UDR, I forget) while cleaning in TES4Edit. I am uinsg the latest version of TES4Edit found on Nexus (older versions give different results at times).
Hey, I haven't noticed it before but, I think that It's just a short trip quest hasn't got an icon. Do you want one? I'll add it to my list.
Sure thing, that would be great!
Hi, (before I start – my spelling is not too good I have used spell check) forgive me because I have not read all of the comments and there is nothing in the notes to inform me about my question. I have noticed the timeline story of morrowind (3E 427) and oblivion (3E 433) has 6 years difference?
Playing Morrowind 1st would not be an issue by moving the date forward by 6 years but the problem would be playing oblivion 1st then moving the date back 6 years, is that possible to do?
I think timeline is important to realism unless the player is not the exact player for the story of that time... but there would be no point in playing the morrowind intro video if that was the case.
Oh, nice! That's a good way to tie the different options in. (And, as someone who intends to have a side game with Vivec in Cyrodiil post-Morrowind timeline, this is a great starting point.)
Cool, thanks! I did make my own chargen but then found out someone already made it, lol but my way was a little bit different, the start point in mine was in a completely different cell from oblivion and morrowind cells, it had no wall, floor or roof, just darkness, I had an option saying "what timeline do you wish to take?” "3E 427" "3E 433" and, for example, if the option for morrowind was selected, the player would be moved to the same cell but away from the starting point so it is still in darkness (looks like the same cell) and then the morrowind intro video would play then after the video a paused for a second and then moved to the morrowind starting point. Now I know it sound pointless but ill beak it down
Then morrowind starting point
That way, after the video plays, you don’t catch on to the old cell when being moved to the new cell.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sj3jznk9beyb7l0 Here is the link to dds file
This is a preview:
A small update for version 8:
- New Icon Thanks to Darth South
- Plays Morrowind Main Title Music when you choose one of the Vvardenfell Startpoints
After doing some testing and research, it has come to my attention that the two issues with the Fast Start options cannot be fixed!
- Use the fast start options at your own risk and/or for testing purposes only!
- If you are starting a new game for real, do not use one of the fast starts!
I just discovered/installed Morroblivion yesterday, and I am VERY impressed and excited about it! This is an excellent project.
That being said, I am having a bit of an issue with a pre-existing character. If I travel to Vardenfell from the Imperial Prison I still need to go through the process of getting my release papers. I am alright with this, but it makes me choose my class again. This seems to force all of my minor skills to 6, even those that were still 5. It also forces any major skills over 50 down to 49.
Is there a way I can by-pass this? I have tried just going and talking to the Captain without getting the papers first, but this causes me to not have most conversation topics available to me with any other NPC's.
That is NOT supposed to happen. I will take a look at the scripts tonight and see if anything has changed... Try the old version 7 of the mod and see if that works (just delete version 8 and activatve version 7). I may have screwed up something during the upgrade.
Ok, I think I know why it happened, and it also happened with 7. When I made that character I had the Alternative Begginings mod. Without even thinking about the repercussions, I turned it off when I installed this as I assumed they would not play well together. It didn't even occur to me that doing so would potentially screw up the save for that character, but I am pretty sure that is what happened.
yeah the CAT mod will conflict with a lot of mods that affect your start position.
try loading the CAT mod after any other mods that impact start position or the beginning of the game?
However, that's not a big issue to me. The character in question is only level 7, so he's no big loss. And, as for the Alternative Beginnings, I mainly liked that as it gave me the ability to ignore the main quest for an extended period of time and not feel guilty about packing the Amulet of Kings all over the world, and your's also seems to offer that as well.
Perhaps I just need to try start a fresh character in Vardenfell. I always prefered Morrowind's world to Oblivion anyways, and it'll be a bit like going home!
Updated to version 9 to finally fix some issues with the quick starts! Hooray!
No real need to upgade if you're using version 8. I will pack version 9 into the complete installation when we get to v053.
Can not giv the amulet to Jauffre help.
I went to the Prison Sewers and their isn't a body there. There's a pool of blood, but no body.
Minor update: set the dead knight to respawn in case he doesn't show up.
I "waited" in game for like 10 days, in other cells, then went to the sewer exit and he was still there. So I couldn't duplicate the no-dead-knight issue myself. But more than one person has mentioned it happening.
This update should fix it, and will be included with my complete installation of Morroblivion v054.
Never thought I'd to 10 iterations of this thing