11 posts / 0 new
Last post
gidz89
gidz89's picture
[RELz] Firemoth & Misc Additions

Before the v061 master came out me and Brainslasher both completed our own versions of the 'Siege at Firemoth' plugin. Mine is an original version with new features/added content so wasn't merged. I have therefore worked on making it compatible with the new master. In addition to this, i have decided to merge some other non-merged plugins i have made in the past with this release (to cut down on load order).

Features:

Siege at Firemoth:
- Completely replaces version in v061 master with this one.
- Restored quest island everything with a custom edited worldmap showing Firemoth.
- Rewards include 3000 gold or the Ward of Akavir.
- 2 new spell tomes; Shockblast, and Resist Liquid Damage (resists lava damage, useful for the planes of Oblivion - this ones hidden somewhere on the island........)
- A new staff not normally accessible in vanilla Oblivion called 'Staff of Unholy Terror'.
- Followers can be told to follow and wait, adds a bit more strategy rather than them rushing head in and getting slaughtered.
- Custom dialogue to flesh out the quest/characters a bit.
- Seyda Neen Dock extended to compensate for the extra boat.
- Use the boat for travel to and from the island even if the sailor dies.
- 3 sub-bosses (Skeleton Commanders) in the fort you need keys from to get through some doors.
- Loads of loot to plunder! :D
- And of course Grurn :)

To begin the quest, talk to Socucius Ergalla in the Seyda Neen Census & Excise Office about the latest rumors.

Balmora Fighter's Guild Chest Fixes:
- Fixes some of the chests that were either slightly elevated or slightly sunken in the Balmora Fighters Guild.

Cyrodiil Tutorial Disabler:
- Disables the Cyrodiil tutorial (Weynon Priory journal update) appearing in Vvardenfell.

Door In Niben Bay Delayer:
Delays the message pop up for the start of the Shivering Isles expansion "A Door in Niben Bay" if the player starts in Vvardenfell. Message only appears now after around a day in the Cyrodiil exterior.

Forts and Guilds Tweaks:
Various tweaks to the forts and guilds of both Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell.
- The Vvardenfell Forts have been renamed to match their Cyrodiilic cousins i.e. "Fort Moonmoth".
- All Vvardenfell Forts can now be fast-travelled to.
- All the guilds follow a naming pattern of "Leyawiin, Fighters Guild: Second Floor".
- All beds in guilds that were meant to be owned now have proper ownership set to them.
- Free beds in a guildhall or guild club can be used for free, as long as the player is a member of that particular faction.
- "Ald-ruhn" has been renamed to its proper "Ald'ruhn".
- Morag Tong guildhalls are simply known as "Morag Tong" instead of "Morag Tong Guild".

Misc Armor & Weapon Fixes:
Fixes minor issues with some weapons and armor in Vvardenfell.
- Added missing enchantments to the Viper Arrow variations.
- Added missing levitation to Boots of the Apostle.
- Added missing enchantment to Aryon's Dominator/Helper.
- Added missing enchantment to Whitewalker Robe.
- Added new boots based on the original unattainable throwable knife in Morrowind "Knife Of Sureflight" (since defensive attributes can't be applied to weapons in Oblivion), can be bought in Arrille's Tradehouse in Seyda Neen. Increases Acrobatics, Athletics & Speed by 10.

Paper Clip Fix:
- Fixes a small clipping issue of a piece of paper on the table next to Socucius Ergalla in the Seyda Neen Census & Excise Office.

Snedbrir The Smith Fix:
- In Skaal Village, in Solstheim, all the interiors are fully capitalised except for Snedbrir the Smith. Now the interior reads "Skaal Village, Snedbrir the Smith" to match up to the rest of the interiors.

- To install, just extract the .zip file into your Oblivion/Data directory and overwrite files when asked - then activate the 'Firemoth & Misc Additions.esp' in your load order.
- Google documents can be a pain sometimes, so you can download it either from HERE, or by the attachment on this post.

Have Fun! :)

N.B. Only one small issue, when asking follower to wait, when leaving the exterior into an interior and back out again, or from interior to interior the follower will have to be asked twice to follow - otherwise works fine.

AttachmentSize
Package icon Firemoth & Misc Additions.zip3.02 MB
Edited by: gidz89 on 01/01/2014 - 06:49
anithinks
anithinks's picture
Thanks for the unified update

Thanks for the unified update gidz89! :)

mr_witchhunter
mr_witchhunter's picture
You've made a great job with

You've made a great job with all that fixes))

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Thanks! Just thought i'd make

Thanks! Just thought i'd make the update more worthwhile by combining all my loose mods :)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
UPDATE: Had to remove the

UPDATE:

Had to remove the "Knife of Sureflight" can't seem to be able to get defensive enchantments working on weapons with Oblivion, probably impossible unfortunately, however in its place have created:

- Added new boots based on the original unattainable throwable knife in Morrowind "Knife Of Sureflight" (since defensive attributes can't be applied to weapons in Oblivion), can be bought in Arrille's Tradehouse in Seyda Neen. Increases Acrobatics, Athletics & Speed by 10.

New download link in original post.

mr_witchhunter
mr_witchhunter's picture
hey, gidz89. I started the

hey, gidz89.

I started the quest =)  

The first thing I noticed is that the Fort Firemoth Key has no icon.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Really? Thanks i'll look into

Really? Thanks i'll look into that.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Thanks mr_witchhunter, you

Thanks mr_witchhunter, you are indeed correct. :)

UPDATE:

Fixes key icons, that i somehow missed. New download link in original post.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
UPDATE: Fixed a small issue

UPDATE:

Fixed a small issue when followers wouldn't wait sometimes in the Firemoth interiors when told to do so. New download link in original post.

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
"- The Vvardenfell Forts have

"- The Vvardenfell Forts have been renamed to match their Cyrodiilic cousins i.e. "Fort Moonmoth"."

What exactly does this mean?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
scotty35503 wrote:

scotty35503 wrote:

"- The Vvardenfell Forts have been renamed to match their Cyrodiilic cousins i.e. "Fort Moonmoth"."

What exactly does this mean?

For example where before it would say "Moonmoth Fort" on the local maps, doors and fast travel markers etc it is now "Fort Moonmoth" :)