ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Contributor
[REL/WIP] FastLOD for Morroblivion v065

FastLOD for Morroblivion v065
2020-09-17

Tested and working with v066

Description:
Overhauls Distant Lands and Distant Objects for better visual quality and optimized performance.  It introduces a new Distant Object billboard system for static objects (FastLOD).  It replaces rocks and boulders with more performance friendly billboards.  It then introduces more distant object buildings.  This core mod contains distant statics for structures and buildings in all settlements in Vvardenfell.  It removes most boulders.  It adds billboards for thousands of menhirs and pointy rock formations.  It replaces the Morroblivion v065 distant lands with mesh and textures that are optimized for quality and very low latency (almost no stutter at cell transitions).

Requirements:
Morroblivion v065
Morroblivion Tree Replacer

Installation:
Install mod using a mod-manager.  Activate and move FastLOD.esm to position 3 (below Oblivion.esm and Morrowind_ob.esm).  Install one of the optional add-on packages if desired.  Make sure Morroblivion Tree Replacer is enabled.  Highly recommend installing Root Remover to remove orphaned roots due to use of Tree Replacer.

Compatibility:
This mod will over-write any files generated by TES4LODGen or TES4LL.  Do not run any of these tools after installing this mod or this mod will be overwritten.  If these files are overwritten, re-install mod and add-ons to re-enable them.

Download link: FastLOD-Morroblivion-v065-2020-09-17-Main.7z

Addons:

• Lite Addon: For low-power/budget computers.  Significantly increases framerate over vanilla Morroblivion v065 (many laptops with integrated graphics will be able to reach 40-50 fps).
  • Ultra Detail Addon: For ultra high-end computers.
  • Vurt's Tree Replacers Addon: Port of seven of Vurt's Tree Replacer mods with distant tree support via FastLOD.

Edited by: DaggerfallTeam on 01/07/2022 - 21:08
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Contributor
Average Framerate: 40-50fps @

Average Framerate: 40-50fps @ 1080p on i7-4790 + RX 580

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
Your mod really embellishes

Your mod really embellishes the Morroblivion experience !

komodo44
komodo44's picture
Want to thank you so much for

Want to thank you so much for this mod! I finally decided to give morroblivion a go after not playing morrowind for a decade - I've been having a blast with it, but the draw distances were bugging me and this totally addresses it - incredible what all of you have done!

Shikenshu
Shikenshu's picture
Contributor
I made this simple fix for

I made this simple fix for v066 to restore v066 Worldspace header for the main Morrowind worldspace. It allows the new vanilla style map to show correctly. Just put this ESP after all the Vurt Trees ESPs. 
Here's the download link

DaggerfallTeam
DaggerfallTeam's picture
Donor
Shikenshu wrote:

Shikenshu wrote:

I made this simple fix for v066 to restore v066 Worldspace header for the main Morrowind worldspace. It allows the new vanilla style map to show correctly. Just put this ESP after all the Vurt Trees ESPs. 
Here's the download link

Vurts has been updated with v066-2022-01-07 and fixes this issue!
apolek_gaming
apolek_gaming's picture
I am confused. It states on

Please disregard this comment. I no longer require assistance. 

*Delete it if you must. I tried, but it said I did not have permissions.