Skip to main content

[REL] Morroblivion World Space

Submitted by Ice on

We've done it! Here's the release of Morroblivion in Tamriel, a mod made for Morroblivion that allows you, yes you, to travel on foot from Cyrodiil to the Vvardenfell of Morroblivion! (See map)

 

Morroblivion in Tamriel.

Morroblivion in Tamriel Map

Mournhold in Tamriel

 

Pictures of mournhold found here.

Check the bottom of this thread to see how we're currently trying to improve it. (Like matching the your place in the two worlds more closely).

And yes, you walk North East over the mountains by Cheydenhall, over the heightmap of mainland morrowind, swim in the Inner Sea, hit a load screen when you get close to Vvardenfell, find yourself still in the sea, and swim to Seyda Neen in Morroblivion. You can enter and leave from any side, in either worldspace.

[External image]

[External image]

[External image]

[External image]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Description:

 

This mod allows you to walk and swim, or fast travel, from Cyrodiil to the Vvardenfell of Morroblivion. You can enter and leave from any side, in either world space.

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE GREAT WORK DONE ON 'MORROBLIVION' AND 'UNDER THE SIGN OF THE DRAGON TAMRIEL HEIGHTMAPS'.

 

How cool would it be if you could travel on foot/ horse to Morrowind? How cool would it be if you could walk say, from Cheydinhal, over the Morrowind hieghtmap, swim the channel, and arrive in Vvardenfell? How cool would it be to pop open your map and fast travel from Anvil straight to Balmora or Sadrith Mora? I usually swim to Solstheim instead of taking a boat my first trip (and then map fast travel from then on). It's cool to see it connected to Vvardenfell; it roots the game more in that world.

 

This mod does just that. Walk north east out of Cheydinhal. Keep walking. Over the mountains and through the Silgrad Tower area. Then into the Inner Sea, and BAM, you hit a load screen, right there in the water. BAM. You seem to be in the same place, but something feels different. You keep swimming north east and arrive in Seyda Neen. It's the living breathing Seyda Neen of Morroblivion. Congratulations, you just traveled all the way from Cyrodiil to Vvardenfell, on foot! And if that isn't enough, turn around and make the journey right back, or pass through Vvardenfell and keep traveling west. After that, you can fast travel from Tamriel, straight in to almost any of the main cities of Vvardenfell that you've found during your stay in Vvardenfell. (You will see two load screens, of course).

 

Basically, in techno-speak: Morroblivion's Vvardenfell (the island Morrowind took place on) is in its own world space, called 'wrldmorrowind'. When your in Cyrodiil, or walking around on the cool Tamriel Heightmaps, you're in the world space called 'tamriel'. When you get so close to the heightmap of Vvardenfell in the Tamriel world space, this mod teleports you to the equivalent area in the Morroblivion world space. And vice-versa. This allows you to be able to walk to and from Morroblivion's Morrowind, without moving the whole thing into another world space, which would cause countless problems.

The fast travel icons are just fast travel icons. They send you to a place in Tamriel that is lined up with that city in Morrowind. Then the script snatches you up and moves you to the Morrowind city. When you fast travel you'll load once, quickly see a glimpse of the Vvardenfell in Tamriel LOD, and then hit a second load screen as you move into Morrowind.

 

OPTIONAL MAP:

See Images. This optional file changes the Morroblivion world map so that you can see the land surrounding Vvardenfell. It combines the Standard map from my HD Morroblivion Maps (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38914) and Kiwi Hawk's Tamriel Map (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30875). It includes a texture file and an esp. It is the same quality as my Standard map, and should be used instead of my other map mods (because whichever map mod loads last will overwrite the others.) It is compatible with Dynamic Map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

TESTING GPS:

The Morroblivion in Tamriel GPS mod is for testing. It's independent of the main file and can be run with or without it. When run it gives you a GPS spell. When cast the spell tells you the players x, and y world positions in both Tamriel and Wrldmorrowind. It also allows you to teleport to those coordinates in the other world space. This is really nice for testing purposes and diagnostics. (It's how I made the fast travel icons.

Please contact me with any ideas you have to improve the mod or any bugs you find that can be directly traced to this mod. Thanks!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

INSTALLATION:

Have a working copy of Morroblivion. Make sure Tamriel Heightmap is installed. OBSE is used to make sure the weather doesn't change when you change worldspaces. Check the boxes for 'Tamriel.esp', 'Morrowind_ob.esm',  and 'Dynamic Map.esp' if you're using it. (If not make sure you have Kiwi Hawk's map installed!) Then Check the box for this mod, 'AK-Morroblivion in Tamriel.esp' and if you're using it "AK- Mournhold in Tamriel.esp".

Now, if you don't install Dynamic Map or Kiwi Hawks Tamriel Ingame Map (which is an optional file on the Tamriel Heightmaps' page), then when you leave Cyrodiil you'll just be off the world map and have no idea where you are. (Everything works fine if you can manage without a good worldmap, or have another world map that shows your location). I couldn't get Kiwi Hawk's map to work as a standalone, but Dynamic map features his map, and I got it to work through that. I highly recommend that.

Then, fire up that good ole game and walk north east. Go to Vvardenfell in the game, and you'll end up in the Morrowind we know and love. WOOT!

 

Fast Travel Icons:

You initially won't see any fast travel icons in Tamriel. This is to prevent people from traveling to cities they haven't found yet. To get them to show up, visit the city in Morrowind. You'll get a message saying "map marker added". The easiest way to do this is to fast travel to your cities in Morrowind. Then, next time you're in Tamriel you'll see your icons and be able to fast travel back to that city.

Ps. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have in the comments section, and if this made you smile, then endorse, or do something nice for someone you don't know, or for someone you do know.

 

 

UPDATING:

(This is a change list of sorts. Skip it unless you're interested).

Going from the Gamma to the Beta, I made some huge improvements. I put in a hefty number of hours aligning the coordinate system, incorporating 2 scaling systems and molding the shape of the teleport zones to more accurately surround the islands. I also worked to annotate the script 'akdistancetravelquestscript' so that if people wanted to look at it, it would make more sense.

 

In Gamma it was very easy to teleport onto land. In Beta you should always go from water to water. (Which is what you want, because it lends to a more seamless transition, instead of going from ocean to suddenly standing on a mountain...)

 

Shortly after releasing Beta, I realized I had created a teleport loop in one area, and figured out how to fix the zrot problem, so I went back to work, messed up, added another box, figured something out, etc. In the end I'm really happy with Beta2.

 

In Beta2 you can might be able to touch some outer banks of land around the Northern part of the map, and maybe touch Solstheim's outer banks, but other than that it should be near impossible to teleport and land on land, unless you're really trying to do so.

 

The new Main file adds fast travel icons to almost all of the main Morrowind cities. (Around 21 functioning icons) I didn't bother making multiple icons for groups of cities bunched together. EX: I just did the Sadrith Mora icon for: Sadrith Mora, Wolverine Hall, Tel Aruhn, and Tel Fyr. It was a lot of work, but I'm really happy with it!

 

Next I'm considering try to make some Border Icons so that you can fast travel out of Morrowind.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

BUGS, INCOMPATABILITY, PROBLEMS, CONTAGIOUS DISEASES, ETC.

Occasionally the second load screen will come too quickly and the game may freeze on the load screen. Just another reason why it's always smart to save often, especially when you're changing cells TWICE in a short period of time.

The Fast travel icons don't perfectly match up with the map. This is because the icons line up with the icons in Morrowind. The maps are different scales and at this point there's nothing I can do about it.

Morroblivion doesn't have lod from the Tamriel mod, so as you swim away from Vvardenfell it many times looks like you're going nowhere. If you persevere however, you'll freeze for a second, hit a load screen, and then be able to see both where you came from, and where you're going. :D

Also, at this point it seems like not all of the cells in Morroblivion that should have water actually do. Please pretend. There are some places that you'll swim to in the air. It happens if you swim from Vvardenfell to Solstheim. Don't worry, just keep swimming…..

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

REQUIREMENTS:

 

Morroblivion:

http://morroblivion.com/

Tamriel Heightmap:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27235

OBSE (To keep weather the same):

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37952

Dynamic Map (not required, but HIGHLY suggested):

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35969

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by Daggers on 28 Oct 2022 - 18:21.

Germandeathkittiez

Too bad that ever since updating Morroblivion, I can still fast travel but not access the province by swimming because the loading screen keeps spawning me where the loading screen activates (so I automatically leave once I enter). Did the perimeter of morrowind worldspace move? Can't be entirely certain it was the update, but I don't see what else it could be. Anyone else experience this? Is there an easy fix?

I've only tested this mod with Morroblivion v064, but I can confirm the math is incorrect with this latest version.  Maybe merging the Siege at Firemoth add-on was what broke the map/border offset calculations.  The solution is to modify the math and conditional statements used in the script -- unfortunately, it is full of hardcoded coordinates and conditionals which were made specifically for whatever outdated version of Morroblivion was around at the time.  So there is no easy fix -- especially since the Tamriel Heightmaps mod is based on an artist's interpretation of the continent which has very distorted proportions compared to the in-game Morrowind/Morroblivion landmass proportions... so there will never be a 1:1 fit for transitioning with anything that uses that mod.

I threw out all of the broken math and made a version for Tamriel Rebuilt which causes the worldspace transition to take place in the mountains ranges between Cyrodiil and Morrowind.  Although it worked, the worldspace transition just was never seamless enough for my liking.  In the future, I may consider an intense Blizzard / Ash-Storm to hide the transition between the two landmasses.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does anybody have the problem with this mod where there is still an invisible wall on the edge of cyrodil that tells me I can't go further into Morrowind? It's preventing me from using this mod >~<
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You do have Borders turned of in Oblivion.ini

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I did NOT know those could be turned off....
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

On mine (Computer\Local Disk\User\User Name\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini )

Edit It, go Down to ( Main ) Change

bEnableBorderRegion=1   to   bEnableBorderRegion=0

It is also in the First section 10 Below SIntroSequence=Bethesda Softworks

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Am I understanding correctly that traveling to Morroblivion world by sea no longer works? Out of curiousity, how did/would it have worked with a ship mod like Side_s Sailing Ships?

Does the mod still work as TWMP for Morrowind, i.e. adding Morrowind to the Tamriel worldspace? Does it actually require Morroblivion for this function? How about compatibility with TWMP Black Marsh or UL Eastern Peaks, which modify adjacent lands?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've never used TWMP, but if the TWMP Skyrim and TWMP Highrock lands exist in their own worldspace which is completely separate from the main Oblivion worldspace (aka Cyrodiil), then I suppose that is similar to how Morroblivion exists.  I have no idea how the TWMP mod transports you between the two worldspaces (if that is indeed how it works).

How ICE's Morroblivion in Tamriel works is that it monitors your player's worldspace cooredinates as you walk along the Tamriel Heightmaps in the Cyrodiil worldspace.  Once you cross a specific X-Y coordinate threshold, it teleports you to Morroblivion and tries to do math to estimate your equivalent location using the X-Y coordinate and scaling system in Morroblivion's worldspace.  However, the problem is that these math formulas are hardcoded for a Morroblivion worldspace and coordinate system which is many years and versions older than the current v064 release of Morroblivion.  In that interim, I think many more landmass cells were added to the west of Vvardenfell for inclusion of Solstheim and Seige at Firemoth.  If you would like to try this mod with the latest version of Morroblivion, I would start on dry land directly south of Vivec City and swim north.  I think the math formulas around that area still work roughly enough to not push you into an infinite teleport loop between Cyrodiil and Morrowind.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ponyrider0

I've never used TWMP, but if the TWMP Skyrim and TWMP Highrock lands exist in their own worldspace which is completely separate from the main Oblivion worldspace (aka Cyrodiil), then I suppose that is similar to how Morroblivion exists.

This is not how TWMP mods works. TWMP mods (and Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina) actually add onto the existing worldspace of Tamriel, TWMP mods using onra's Tamriel Heightmaps as a base. That is, TWMP and Tamriel Heightmaps are talking about the same thing (I think TWMP stands for something like Tamriel World Map, but I'm not sure). A mod named "TWMP <area>" is adding features of some kind to the <area> heightmaps from onra's original mod, whether it's just trees and other landscaping or actual towns and actors and quests.

My impression is that this is also what Ice's mod did for the non-Vvardenfell parts of Morrowind. That is, the "dry land directly south of Vivec City" is in the Tamriel worldspace, and is also essentially added by Ice's mod, right? That would basically make it TWMP Morrowind. My question is if this addition to the Tamriel worldspace is dependent on Morroblivion. My impression is that it wouldn't be so long as you stay out of the transit zone, but I wasn't sure.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No, ICE's mod relies upon the Tamriel Heightmaps for all landmass in the main Oblivion/Cyrodiil worldspace.  It does not add any landmass data to either Tamriel or Morrowind worldspaces.  ICE's mod only contains a set of scripts which track your X-Y coordinate position and tries to teleport you back and forth between the Tamriel and Morroblivion worldspaces. 

In other words: if you made a dummy master to take the place of Morroblivion, ICE's mod adds nothing to your game except for teleporting you to a non-existant worldspace when you get close enough to the transition zone. 

*** One exception is Mournhold in Tamriel -- that might add the exterior walls of the city to the Tamriel Heightmaps.  However, I've never tried it out so I don't know for sure.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm pretty sure Oblivion would just CTD on load if someone tried to merge all of Morroblivion into the Tamriel worldspace, haha. It would be cool if it could work, though.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've thought about it, but it's not an easy task even from a cartography perspective: the Oblivion/Cyrodiil world scale is about half that of Morroblivion.  In order for them to sort of fit together like puzzle pieces, you would first have to shrink the Morroblivion world to 50% of its normal size, or scale up Cyrodiil world to 200% of its normal size.  Scaling the landmasses affects the space between buildings and other static objects, so in order to make it work, you'd have to scale up or down all meshes.  What you are left with then is a Gulliver's Travels kind of experience -- Morrowind becomes a land of tiny houses or Cyrodiil becomes a land of giant houses....

One solution is if you do some bizarre escher-knot like transition along the border where you start defying the laws of physics as you travel from one side to the other...  

And probably the best solution, is just to keep both worlds separate. [External image]  ..... that is at least until I can port SHOTN and P:C from Morrowind engine to Morroblivion. http://project-tamriel.com/

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

...Hah! Now I'm imagining some weird Sonic Generations thing where you could time-travel back to the retro version of each Cyrodiil city in P:T with a spell.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Puddles

I'm pretty sure Oblivion would just CTD on load if someone tried to merge all of Morroblivion into the Tamriel worldspace, haha. It would be cool if it could work, though.

It wasn't quite what I was talking about; however, there are people that have Elsweyr DOA, Valenwood Improved TWMP, Hammerfell TWMP, and Skyrim Improved TWMP installed and running. Morroblivion can't have that much more content than those four mods. The bigger challenge, as ponyrider says, is that the worldscales aren't the same.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, I think the main issue is more the amount of scripts that would be constantly running. Shivering Isles quests don't run while in Cyrodiil, Cyrodiil's quests don't run in Shivering Isles, Morroblivion's quests don't run in Cyrodiil, Cyrodiil's quests don't run in Morrowind. It might be able to work, but I don't know how 'stable' it would be.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I actually wish someone would make a larger-scaled Cyrodiil... would allow more room for other mods to fit buildings and such without conflicts. Would be a ridiculously difficult project, I'm sure. Couldn't one just add an invisible border at the edge of the map somewhere, perhaps in the Valus Mountains rather than in the middle of the ocean? And then a cave or something leading to "Morrowind" ... well I guess it would dump you in the middle of the ocean, but I'm planning to install the Tamriel Rebuilt conversion and something like that compatible with the TR borders, which probably end somewhere in those mountains, would be awesome. This would also avoid any need for scaling.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Germandeathkittiez

I actually wish someone would make a larger-scaled Cyrodiil... would allow more room for other mods to fit buildings and such without conflicts. Would be a ridiculously difficult project, I'm sure. Couldn't one just add an invisible border at the edge of the map somewhere, perhaps in the Valus Mountains rather than in the middle of the ocean? And then a cave or something leading to "Morrowind" ... well I guess it would dump you in the middle of the ocean, but I'm planning to install the Tamriel Rebuilt conversion and something like that compatible with the TR borders, which probably end somewhere in those mountains, would be awesome. This would also avoid any need for scaling.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13911

http://www.projectmanager.f2s.com/morrowind/Tamrielx2/index.html

-- yes, Tamriel Rebuilt / Morrowind Mainland might be able to be grafted on to the 2x Worldspace... Someone would have to do the math to be sure.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So here's a horrible infographic/meme thing that seems to indicate that Morrowind/TR world would actually overlay pretty closely atop Oblivion/Tamriel world. Thoughts?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

1Mac

So here's a horrible infographic/meme thing that seems to indicate that Morrowind/TR world would actually overlay pretty closely atop Oblivion/Tamriel world. Thoughts?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but unless they have actually scaled and mathematically mapped the worldspaces together, they are spreading misinformation.  I have worked on this for several months to map the worldspaces together and found that the scale is about 1.5-2.0 different.  I would be MORE THAN HAPPY TO BE PROVEN WRONG.  If you give me a working mathematical algorithm to map the worldspace coordinates together, I will drop everything to implement the scripting and source-code to merge the worldspaces.

EDIT:
In the end, I was wrong and 1Mac was right.  As stated last year, once I figured out how to do it, I dropped everything to work on merging the worldspaces.  Enjoy.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)