Skip to main content

[MERGED] Morroblivion Icons

Submitted by Darth South on

I have designed every single icon to be made in Morroblivion.(There are some weapon and armor which are given to some NPC as default, but there is nothing I can do about them). I've also designed Quest and Faction Icons.


If you have problems with icons, just download Additional Support Files again. Icons are in them.

 

STATUS:

100% Weapon Icons designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

100% Armors designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

100% Ingredients designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

100% Amulets designed, 100% linked to Oblivion.

50% Rings designed, 50% Rings transformed, 100% linked to Oblivion.

100% Books designed, 100% linked to Oblivion.

100% Keys designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

100%Potions designed, 100% linked to Oblivion.

100% Misc Items designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

100% Other Clothing designed, 100% linked to Oblivion

 

 

100% Quest Items designed, 100% linked to Oblivioin

100% Faction Icons(ranks not included) designed, 100% linked to Oblivion.



As this is my issue page, I think it's not wrong to brag a little bit. I've spent 4 active months gaining a lot of experince. I don't regret even a minute of it. I have designed exactly 936 icons. Remember, the exact total of items, quests and factions are far too greater. I used same icons in lot of times. Fo example there were only four icons for almost 100 keys or steel arrow icon on 10 different type of arrows. I just want this to be an example how sociapath determined we are for the new modders who wants join Morroblivion.

It is such a great feeling to be actually closing this issue.

Finally,

MORROBLIVION ROCKS!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 12 Oct 2011 - 09:38.

Question 1: Almost always, Morrowind related stuff starts with a "0".  Sometimes it starts with "AAAA" or "fbmw" though.

Question 2: send him a PM, maybe he knows.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

THanks for the first answer, for the second, I did. He said he just forwarded the images to David, and he took care of the rest.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Great work on this, fast progress!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The new Icons are Beautiful! Thank You.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated once again. Link added to the top.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

These are Fabulous! Thank You! These will be in the next release!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Question on these weapon icons: i think you still have to go set an alpha channel - the backgrounds are not transparent, they are tan-coloured.

Here is a screenshot from v026 (item is an imperial broadsword) - note the icon at the bottom.

[External image]

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is this problem only on Imperial Broadsword? Because it works fully transperent with me. If this problem goes on with other icons, we have a problem. Unfortunately my elder brother has captured the desktop computer. My files are there. I'll try to look to that at morning.

 

By the way it is 21:15 on Turkey, for preventing any timeline problem.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just checked out, that icon is not Imperial Broadword icon. True icon blade starts from lower right to upper left; however this one goes from lower left to upper right. 

Did David sent you a a new version, or did you download this version? Because it seems fine both in design and Construction Set.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oh I thought this had already been incorporated into v026.  If it hasn't, then no problem. :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated.

 

Armor and weapon icons are going to be included in v27, if nothing wrong happens.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

OMG! The Armor Icons are Spectacular!!! Outstanding Job!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nicely done! :-)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated.

 

I've sent David Amulet icons, they will also be added to v27, if nothing wrong happens. However amulet icons are slightly dark so if David thinks they should be remade, I will design new icons and put its link to this page, so you won't have to wait till the release of v28.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated. Plan added.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I love your plan! I had never given any thought to the other things like ingredients, etc., until you said something, but now I wholeheartedly agree! Having your icons in the game is a dream come true! Thank You!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I actually am thinking of designing quest and faction icons too. But this a bit too far now. Finishing item icons is my first priority.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated. Ring icons are sent to David, however they are going to look a bit ugly, because I didn't cut their pictures and resized them as icons, I directly transformed ring icons of MW. They probably are going to be addded to v29

Now I'll try to finish ingredient icons before the release of v30.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nice work!  These are a huge improvement!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated, new plan is added. Percantages updated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey great work Darth South! Was just playing Morroblivion yesterday and finally noticed your awesome icons for the armor and weapons. Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated. (A LOT!:D)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yes, perfect. I love what you did with Moon-And-Star. I can't make up my mind whether I like the blue or grey better.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The daedric writing icons look totally awesome! So are the backgrounds on all the quest icons green? Personally, I think a light brown color like a dirty paper color, as if the icon was lying flat on Morrowind paper, would be cool. But that's just my opinion. Either way your doing a great job! Keep it up!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I like the green just the way it is. Nobody will ever agree on this because it is personal taste. Except we may all be able to agree that the Quest Icons are, indeed, VERY GOOD! The Ingredient Icons are spectacular! v029 already has it's first entries!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You know what -- scratch what I said -- those are some great icons and unless you want to change them Darth South, let's just use these that you've created. They look awesome! And like David said, we all agree on that!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Problem with the paper background is that, journal of Oblivion has a similar colour. It has to be different to look fine.

EDIT: Now I've remebered what's missin I need two more icons for, Bloodmoon and Tribunal MQs...
I think I can use that red moon's(Secunda or Masser can't remember which one) images for Bloodmoon, about Tribunal I need to think...That hand on tribunal icon seems possible tough...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That "Tribunal Hand" image sounds pretty good for Tribunal quests.

If you're thinking of ideas for Bloodmoon quests, you could do the wolf pic from Bloodmoon.

Again, not saying "Hey, you have to do this!" Haha, I'm just throwing ideas out there. Take 'em or leave 'em. :)

[External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think using direct icons is good enough, but I am going to cut them from GOTY edition cover, because title blocks the image, and I am too lazy to fix it.:D

My main problem is I used some images from google Images. Will there be any legal problems?

ADDITION: Where can I find Soul Gems of Morroblivion? I can only see Oblivion gems in the Items/Soul Gems/ section of CS

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oblivion Soul Gems were substituted for Morrowind Soul Gems; Morrowind Soul Gems do not exist.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What about using images from Google Images?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@David Budreck

When I worked with Phitt's project, we we're using his custom/rebuilt Morrowind soul gems, so there shouldn't be any legal problem if we use them since they're not actually TES3 assets. The only problem would be in getting his permission to use them.

I'll try to get some pics of the soul gems so you guys can see if you want them or not.

I also think they came with Morrowind icons too, but let me check to be sure.

Edit: Just saw Eloth's soul gem replacer, so scratch that idea.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well I've seen both Morrowind and Oblivion style soul gems in the game.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated, Book Icons added.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue updated.

I've changed the plan.  Also book and quest icons are going to be included in v29.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi! I am a huge fan of the Morrobilvion project and all involved. I was just having an issue with the custom icons included in v29. I dont know if it is a great idea to include custom icons as part of the required download. 1. because they affect menus which are found throughout the game and 2. if someone doesnt want these particular icons it is difficult to locate and remove them, especially for users not as familiar with the BASH system. I am having trouble myself removing these icons. I think they are wonderful, dont get me wrong, but I prefer the default ones. I tried unistalling Morrobilvion v29,  removing the folder "Quests" and "Factions" from: Bash Installers, Morrobilvion v29, Data, Textures, Menus, Icons, and then reinstalling Morroblivion. However when I load my saved game there are NO icons. As right now I cant figure out how to revert back to the original icons. Please advise because I really love Morrobilvion, I just want the original icons.

Many Thanks!

Sara ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sorry, there are no "Original" Quest and Faction Icons. At first Morroblivion came with a blank square where the icon should be. I then borrowed icons from Oblivion so we would have Something. Darth South then added his beautiful icons. So, there is nothing to go back to as far as Quest and Faction icons go. If you want the "Originals" you would need to port them over from Morrowind. There are advantages and disadvantages to the way Darth South approached the other icons. The advantage is that this does not overwrite the original (at least until I redo the installation). The disadvantage is that there is no easy way to go back. You would need to replace the icons one at a time like Darth South did.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I was wondering if anyone else is still missing icons after Morrowind ob v029 or v030. I've installed all of Eloh's files and additional support files 2 via wyrebash and manually and cannot seem to solve this. Any help would be much appreciated.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Most of the Icons are in Support Files 1.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Issue(plans an status) updated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It really is incredible how much these icons improve the game - THANK YOU for doing it, I know it's been a lot of work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No problem!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey Darth South,

Just wanted to say, awesome work on the icons! It's really cool seeing the quests update and seeing your custom icons show up rather than the vanilla oblivion icons. And plus the armor icons look almost exactly like Morrowind's. I would say 99% of the time, I fool myself into thinking I really am playing Morrowind :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, new potion and misc item icons has nothing to do with morrowind icons as I have used Eloth's Visual Overhaul replacer items as models... So I don't think that was too Morrowind-ish. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Today I unfortunately announce that I am leaving the project. I've recently decided that I am spending to much time on computer, and should focus on other things. I've also given a promise that I'll stop playing computer games, and only break my promise for Skyrim, new Assassins Creed games, and possible Half-Lifes.

However I am leaving a link t my photoshop files, in case someone decides to finish the project. I'll be constantly entering the website and not disappear.

I thank you to you all for letting me have a bit of salt on the meal(a translated saying from Turkish).

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7salnjed0c6s7l

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

why leave like that? There is a difference between shaving and cutting your head off, like they say :P

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Regardless, the work, as is everyone's, is appreciated!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)