Skip to main content

[WIP] Morroblivion Visual Overhaul

Submitted by eloth on
This will be a long running wip thread, until i am 100% finished with this project. Right now 80% of all textures are done, and about 90% of all meshes has been modified(added tangent spaces, retextured, etc) Here is a comparison: Stock morroblivion: Morroblivion visual overhaul: [External image] Other screenshots: [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by eloth on 23 Dec 2010 - 12:32.

It is..... It is...... Beautiful. :D
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How do u get the morrowind icons or whatever in the bottom left corner?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow, looks great!!! Very nice textures.
brutal7How do u get the morrowind icons or whatever in the bottom left corner?
Probably with this mod, haven't tried it myself though: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13747
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How do you make better textures i dont understand this. I know how to make texturers and apply them, but making a one better idk
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

even your default morroblivion has more oblivion-esque speed tree showing, seems rather strange. Your work on the new textures and meshes (especially the meshes, proper clothes!!) is awesome. Whats the chances of an upload of this as it currently stands? I suspect many many folk would appreciate it! :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think i died for a second, for i saw heaven!!!!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

the meshes and textures will be around 1.5gb, so i will have to break them up in several smaller pieces. you also need a 1gb graphics card. i have also made numerous changes to the oblivion.ini to make it look this way. also played with fog/hdr settings in the construction set.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

1gb graphics card? seriously? come on man, not many people can play in that case....
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nikitin1gb graphics card? seriously? come on man, not many people can play in that case....
Newegg currently lists 418 graphics cards that have 1gb or more of video memory. They start as low as $40, and there are 17 different 1gb cards for less than $50. I think most people who can afford computer gaming in the first place can probably afford that.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

thermador, there is a difference between a decent 1gb card (costs ALLOT of money) and the shit 1gb cards (random low-end garbage cards with slow memory which are sold 2 trick people into thinking it is a high end card). Demanding a 1gb card is waay too much and completely stupid.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, I know, which is why I put a EVGA GTX 470 ($250) in my new machine. However, there are plenty of good cards out there, and even more if you don't mind buying used. You can get a used Geforce 9800 for about $75. Or how about a new EVGA 9500 GT for $70 ($55 after rebate)? It's on Amazon right now.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

im sorry, but this is a very demanding graphics upgrade, maybe if you reduce the normal maps in half size you can get away with a 768mb gfx card. here is two more screenshot: [External image] [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Beautiful! Nice work.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow this is absolutely fantastic!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I decided that Kreshweeds Texture was so bad!! But now its MUCH BETTER. i re textured all textures of all three models. http://www.mediafire.com/?317b972pjfd5mdo Please look. Image of new Kreshweed: [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

great work brutal :) could you retexture the rest of the morrowind flowers/plants also? :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

My work is slow. But i will try. Currently working on.... Ash Yam mesh 2 Done.... Mesh 1
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

could you also smooth the meshes? making it high poly?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Dont know how to do that. I will try to learn though
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have a 1g video card, sadly its the ati 5450. I get lag playing morrowind. Might this still work? Because this looks so good, it's my new background. (the highest compliment for an artist's work in my world.) Where do you find the time to do all of this? And can I have a copy of the settings and stuff you used to get that effect? Just realized. We should stop talking about merchendise, lest we get more spam.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Will this be integrated into future releases like V18 or a later? Or would this be a separate download because of the higher end specs needed?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

this is an independent mod, and besides, its way to big, nearly 2 gigs(i will try my best to make it smaller)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well Its an amazing body of work from what I see with these images. If it is ever released please let us know. I myself would love to make use of it. Cheers on your great work!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How do i smooth meshes. How to i make things high poly?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

are you using blender or 3d max?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I dont use 3d modeling programs D: But i know a bit of blender
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It would be incredibly difficult (if not impossible) with out a bit of experience and foreknowledge of 3d modeling.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How is this coming along? Would I be better off downloading some morrowind texture replacers for now and then converting them over? Any chance we could look at a Beta?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

its coming along nicely, im trying my best to keep the color scheme of the textures matching Morrowind original textures. i have played alot with HDR and fog settings lately and have really learned alot how to get the most optimal settings. Some examples here: [External image] [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

WOW, overall it looks just completely amazing! Though I'm not very fond of the new balmora textures, I think the building textures are too bumpy and normal-mapped and the ground texture looks quite exaggerated too. It differs too much from the original color sheme I think. Seyda Neen and Ald'Rhun look amazing, and so does the Ascadian Isles region. I also noticed a painfully tiled texture in the Ashlands screen, in what seems the road. I really hope you don't take this too far like you did with Balmora imo. No hard feelings :) Your work is really amazing. It's just that it could use some finetuning and downtoning, that's all. Looking forward to the final version. Greetings TRJTA
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

fantastic work, eloth though I agree with TRJTA. Balmora looks darker than usual, and maybe a bit too bumpy?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

eloth you are god this is wat i have bin looking for on this game everthing to me looks so kool that win your done there will be alot more to see of morrowind there is just 1 ? i need to ask that is the last time i got this and used it there were 3 of the guys on the top part of the ship 2 of the talk but did not do anthing and the therd guy did do u think u could make it to were there is just 1 guy if so that wood be so kool if not its all right. ty for everything eloth
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yes in my opinion it's really too bumpy, that's the good word for it. The (sometimes kinda bland) colors of Morrowind had something about them. It looked really realistic, and too much normal mapping and bump mapping looks really weird, too high contrasted and fake and wannabe. I really hope you change it :) Maybe you could take a look at some of the existing Morrowind texture packs that don't drastically change textures bit just make them alot sharper. From the first post it seems you're trying to maintain that Morrowind feel, I really hope you do, but from this Balmora screen I can see you don't have it quite for everything, yet that is. I've got full confidence you will have it when it's finished.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

im not to fond of the balmora textures either, but i also think they still fit the atmosphere, just not the original look, not everyone is looking for the original look and feel of morrowind. And i liked the way the blander textures looked as well btw XD
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@brutal7 and.. where do they go mate? buncho folders in /Data/Textures & Meshes
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What a lovely thing to see! I too can't wait for this to be released. I've been just running around in Morroblivion for years, strangely I rarely actually play Morrowind. Seeing those people with the clothes fitting would be enough of a bonus, but seeing it looking better than ever has really made my heart a-flutter. Your work is incredible. And I disagree with the others- I like the darker, grungier textures a lot. Beautiful.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

now i really like the balmora textures, and the dwemer ones are great, can't wait for a release
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The new Balmora textures look fantastic. I'm eagerly anticipating the release. Great work eloth!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

MUST HAVE!!! That's amazing keep up the good work.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

you retexing creatures eloth?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

can't wait for you to release this! it looks superb. nice work eloth. i do like the newer balmora pics better. thanks for making this!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

im have created new distant land lod textures, just check out those mountains. these are WIP and currently they are only 2048x2048, will make a more detailed 4096x4096 version aswell. [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Looking good!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Looks great, thanks for all the hard work. I can't wait till we can use it!!! :-D
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just beautiful. Can't wait to see this in game with my own two eyes.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Can you tell us how long we must wait for this awesome overhaul? I've seen in the screenshots that the NPC's wear oblivion clothing. Will they wear them in the final product to and if so can we use only those in case our video cards can't handle the cool new enviroment textures? Anyway you did a great job with the textures but for me 1Gb videocard is a bit much and i hope i will be able to use only the clothing textures and meshes, but is a great none the less.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)