Skip to main content

still not having morrowind files appear

Submitted by dunmer way on

despite having recently brought this problem up, and thought it had been solved, I am still unable to see any morroblivion meshes, textures, ect. Though the files needed to run it (morrowind, shivering isles, necessary mods, ect) have been addressed, the boat to morrowind is still all Missing Meshes, and the land there is still a void of water with purple landscape. By selecting the morrowind file to run directly after oblivion in OBMM, I assume I've fixed what I was told went wrong, but the file still doesn't work. can anyone further inform me on this matter, and as to why I can't see ANYTHING in morroblivion except people?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 9 Nov 2011 - 09:04.

I am a bit confused by your descriptions in the other thread. My guess (and this is just a guess so it could be way off) is that you are mismatching between the different install options. You do not need to install morrowind original if you are using the complete install ... which includes both the morrowind_ob.esm as well as all the required meshes and textures. This option comes in two parts with a combined size of around 200-300 MB However if you are using only the esm file {the second download option which comes in a 44 MB file} ... then you DO need to have morrowind original ... and you need to use the esp-converter program on it {which I believe is no longer available for download after the new site update this year}. So here is what I think you need to do ... - Clean Install (optional) to get rid of the old mess. - Get the "Complete Installion" of Morroblivion from here. ^ Note here that you need to download the "Complete Installion": [External image] - Finally get the extra files like world transport, Support Files 2 etc. - Fix the load order in OBMM if needed. And you should be good to go.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

alright. I had used the support files before, because the complete installation gave an error (don't ask me which one, not sure) when I tried to open it in Winrar. I'll try redownloading it though, and get back to you on that. Thanks.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

A question though, in the installing process, to make sure I'm not mistaken on anything: Do all files that are prompted to need to be copied and replaced? or simply copied?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

the full installer worked this time, and I'm running around in Vvardenfall. thank you all so much for your help.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)