Pages

1045 posts / 0 new
Last post
DaggerfallTeam
DaggerfallTeam's picture
Donor
Morroblivion Project Release [v066]

Latest Morroblivion Master is v66 - Latest Morroblivion Resource is v66.2 - Latest Dagger Galore Patch is v66.3b

Project Status

The current status of the Morroblivion Project as of April 12th 2022 is an ongoing cycle of bug releases under the title Dagger Galore, The current master installer is version 66 and is expected to be the final version unless major bugs/updates occur. At which case this forum will be updated. The current official patch is version 66.2 and is spearheaded by DaggerfallTeam for future team members, All Bugs should be reported there under the Bugs Category or the Main Forums (here). Any bug that are reported to the Morroblivion Community Discord will most likely be lost to time and may never be fixed. At this time many issues are being gathered and re-organized under the Dagger Galore Bugs Category too be viewed and fixed by future team members. - DaggerfallTeam

Generalized Quest Notice: All quests (Morrowind, Bloodmoon and Tribunal) are implemented into the game although many have not been fully debugged, Which means you will find some errors or game-breaking quest bugs that will prevent some sort of completion. You'll find the corresponding quest-line icons here, They are exclusive to Morroblivion.

Morrowind

• House Hlaalu
  • House Redoran
  • House Telvanni
  • Fighters' Guild
  • Mages' Guild
  • Thieves' Guild
  • Tribunal Temple
  • Imperial Cult
  • Imperial Legion
  • Morag Tong - Including "Threads of the Webspinner" Sanguine Items
  • Ashlander Clan Quests
  • Daedric Shrine Quests
  • Vampire Clan Quests
  • Wilderness Miscellaneous Quests
  • All City, Town, and Fort Quests

Tribunal

• Tribunal Main Quest
  • Miscellaneous Quests

Bloodmoon

• Bloodmoon Main Quest with Both Paths!
  • Miscellaneous Quests
  • East Empire Company Quests

Game Requirements

Oblivion with (Shivering Isles expansion)

Morrowind GOTY with (Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions)

Plugin Requirements

The plugins listed below require xOBSE in order to work, they are all recommend otherwise good luck...

Morroblivion Mod and Installation Topic + Video

You must have own legitimate copies of Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion 1.2.0416 w/Shivering Isles, You'll need the below for a proper installation.

Compatibility

Additional Information & Support

Are you looking for the very latest builds? Try out the Experimental available here!

Project Archives

Edited by: DaggerfallTeam on 07/03/2023 - 17:50 Reason: Format Edits, New BSA Links, Removed Outdated Info
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Version 002 Release

Version 002 Release
Clothing has been updated. The Download Link has been updated. The previous file has been deleted.

24 articles of Morrowind Clothing have been updated. A copule of these have been redirected at other existing Morrowind clothes, but the majority have been redirected to Oblivion items.

This address conspicuous invisible body parts on NPC's.

There is a much deeper problem when Morrowind clothing is worn by the player. Most of the clothing does not fit properly with Oblivion hands. Player wrists are problamatic with most Morrowind clothing, especially in 1st person view. In 1st person there is an invisible gap between the arm and wrist on every piece of clothing I tested.

Applying any type of fix to this would require updating Morrowind meshes to make them compatible with Oblivion hands, or redirecting all Morrowind clothing at Oblivion clothing.

Replacing ALL Morrowind clothing was not the purpose of this fix.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Version 003 Released
Version 003 Released

I came to this site a month ago to experience Morrowind for the first time.

I can hardly believe the progress we have made since then! Thank you to Yoshimo, Eloth, and the Queen of the Ashlands, and thank you to the authors of Vvardenfell Imports.

This version starts to make Morrowind playable. From now on things will only get better...

This version requres a Clean Save or New Game. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Persistant references have been moved, edited, or deleted. This is Very likely to cause CTD's in existing games.

This project is also incompatible with any mod created from a prevous version of Morrowind_ob.esm. Without going into too much confusing detail, when an object, like an NPC, is edited for the first time, a copy of that object is placed into the Mod. From that point forward, any discrepancy between the mod and Master is considered to be an edit made by the mod, regardless of whether or not the Master has changed in between.

NPC's and Dialog are the most vulnerable components since they are the most likely to be changed, and have so many different aspects that can be modified.

Only one mod gets to edit an object in the end. This mod is no excpetion...

--------

The MorrowOblivion_World Transport.esp Mod is compatible with v002 of our Cleaned Master, but is NOT compatible with v001 or uncleaned Masters from the Default Conversion. It references a Global Variable that was added in v002, and will Crash the game if transport is attemped with an incompatible version.

I was so preoccupied trying to get everything uploaded and the main readme file completed that I forgot to make a readme for this Transport mod. I will make one an reupload tomorrow...

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Version 003 Bad Merge 1st Try
Version 003 Bad Merge 1st Try

Dialog is even more fragile than I had thought, and my first attempt at merging CNME Transport into the Master whacked all the Greeting, Hello, and Info topics from the rest of the game.

I apologize.

If you had downloaded v003 between the time it was first released and now, that version is bugged. Please delete it and redownload from the new link in the main Post.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Transport Whacked
Transport Whacked

The revised version of v003 whacked Silt Strider transport to preserve the rest of the dialog. I will probably have to add this back by hand, but at the moment I am unable to add a dialog topic in the CS. I need to get a damn microphone first...

This will have to wait because I've got to leave for work anyway. I will try to get a microphone today and see if I can coax the transport modules into working properly. Hopefully I can figure out a somewhat efficient way of doing this or updating any Quest information is going to be a nightmare.

All Quests share a common "Greeting" Dialog Topic, which is where a good deal of Quest coding is performed.

rocknrollcowboy
rocknrollcowboy's picture
is the morrowind_ob.esm file
is the morrowind_ob.esm file in the download supposed to be smaller than the one generated from the esp converter?because i may be mistaken but it seems to me that your version of the file has more features and adds more stuff altogether as combining mods together suggests but the original morrowind_ob.esm the esp converter generates for me is 129mg where yours is 70mg. am i missing something?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Version 003-B Released
Version 003-B Released

Yoshimo added ONE response to the Greeting Topic. This One addition had pretty much whacked the entire Qest Line. I had known that Dialog was finiky to mergeh and had looked at it before Merging, but looks can be deceiving.

I did not recognize what I was seeing, and for that I apologize.

I have added this one response into the main file directly, and have verified that transport is now working again in-game. I could not find any way of merging a modded version of the Greeting Topic. I have, therefore, included an additional resource for anyone interested in creating mods for, or helping with this project.

The "Dialog Template" contains Every Dialog Topic from Morrowind flagged as changed; therefore anything added to this template mod will bring all the other topics with it when merged. This is not an ideal workaround, but is the ONLY thing I can come up with.

In answer to the question about size, thank you for bringing the topic up. I have addressed this directly in the main post of this thread and in the readme. But, yes, the Cleaned Version of Morrowind_ob.esm is about 1/2 the size of the VERY dirty original. The original is so full of errors that it is amazing that it even runs.

rocknrollcowboy
thank you for addressing
thank you for addressing this for me i understand now.i love Morrowind like everyone else here im sure and feel bad i cannot help with this project right now because my tools on my computer are not working since i cleaned it of viruses.stupid viruses.. but i am very impressed with all the work thats been done and happy to see its still a shared dream
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Load Order
Load Order

Oblivion.esm MUST ALWAYS LOAD FIRST
Morrowind_ob.esm MUST ALWAYS LOAD Second

I have set my own load order starting with BOSS then being managed forward with Wrye Bash. This may cause problems with people that have the Oblivion.esm file dated later than my Morrowind_ob.esm.

For those that need help setting Load Order I can offer this:
1. Start with BOSS.
2. BOSS will probably not recognize any Morroblivion mod; these must be set by hand.
3. Use either Wrye Bash or OBMM to set the load order of Morrowind & Morroblivion mods

Morroblivion happens in a different worldspace than Oblivion, so where Morroblivion mods appear in the list really does not matter except possibly with COBL. I use COBL as part of an FCOM installation, so I personally cannot give advice on where it should be if used separately; for that I can just tell you to read the documentation carefully.

You would then only need to worry about the order of Morroblivion mods within themselves as a group, that is, which Morroblivion mod should load before which other Morroblivion mod.

Most of the Morroblivion mods I have looked at conflict with each other and conflict with this Master Project, so I am not going to give any advice on their use other than what I have said in the main post of this topic.

BOSS - Better Oblivion Sorting Software
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

OBMM - Oblivion Mod Manager
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

Wrye Bash
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368

Znalia
Znalia's picture
¿Conflict with Oblivion Mage Guild main quest?
¿Conflict with Oblivion Mage Guild main quest?

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your effort and for keeping this alive.

I've tried both version 003 and version 003b and I think that there is a conflict with Oblivion Mage Guild main quest. I guess it is connected with Morrowind Rebuilt by The Queen of the Ashlands (which is somehow merged in the new esm), because I experienced the same conflict when I tried it.

I don't know a thing about modding and am afraid I can't help a lot regarding the cause of the conflict. But, when this esm is active, Mage Guild quests cannot be completed. For instance, if you have recovered Dagail's seer stone and then talk to her about it, she recognizes the fact and even take the stone from you, but doesn't proceed to write the recommendation. If you talk to her again, her reaction is the same as if you hadn't already given the seer stone to her. It seems that the quest cannot progress to the next step by some reason. It happens also with Bruma and Skingrad recommendations. Maybe it has to do with the Dialog problem you stated above.

In any case, I just wanted to let you know. The mod is excellent in every other aspect.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Mage Guild Troubleshooting
I am sorry about your problems with the Mage's Guild Quests. I do not see a possible conflict after looking through the quest. I was looking through the Leyawiin Quest, and most of the stage setting is done in the Quest Script. I know that some other mods do some things that they are not supposed to, and this may be the result of it. Can you please test this with ONLY Oblivion.esm and Morrowind_ob.esm active? Just make a separate save for this; you can go back after you've tested. This would help me to determine if the problem really is with Morrowind Rebuilt.
eloth
eloth's picture
i have some good news, very
i have some good news, very soon all the missing animated dwemer meshes will be finished. Im adding some smoke and steam to them right now. Also the missing corridor meshes will be included.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Yes, Very Good News
Yes, that is great to hear! Yoshimo put some workarounds in to adress the missing equipment just so we weren't looking at yellow diamonds, but were not true Dwemer items, so these will be much better. Have you verified that my version of your Ghostfence is working properly. It looks fine to me, but then again, so does everything else... :)
eloth
eloth's picture
i havent checked it out yet,
i havent checked it out yet, but if it looks like the screenshot i posted in the morrowind hairstyles thread then its ok :)
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Very Serious Issue
Sighfin has just brought something to my attention, and upon closer examination, the Merge of Dialog into Morrowind_ob.esm destroyed all the Greeting, Hello, and Rumors from Oblivion.esm. I believe I have figured out how to get these in. But, it will take me a while. However, I will be able to get an updated version out by the end of the day today or tomorrow. I will also temporarily disable Cliffracers since we now know that they cause CTD's.
Sighfin
Sighfin's picture
Just checked the ghost
Just checked the ghost fence, works very well, including my inability to pass through it.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Working On Issues
There are two main issues I am focusing on at the moment. First, is Caius not accepting the package. When researching this, I see that the problem is much deeper than I had first thought. There are Many Dialog Topics whose Child Dialog Responses did not make it through the merge, not just one or two. These will all need to be reconstructed. That will take me a while. Second, is reported conflicts with Vanilla Oblivion. I believe I know the root of the problem, but am still uncertain of the best way to fix it. I have been working on my first inclination all weekend, and am still going. I do not know whether this will work, but Morroblivion is Uncharted Territory, so there is little to go on. If this does not solve the problem, I do have a Plan B, but don't really like it and will only go to it if I have to. That still does leave Hlaalu Helms and Cliffracers, but these will both be addressed as well. Yoshimo is working on other errors, such as missing references, etc. In the meantime Eloth keeps sending me more absolutely beautiful stuff! I am chomping at the bit to go see it in game! But for now I'm not doing much playtesting...
rocknrollcowboy
im using v003-B and im on
im using v003-B and im on the imperial prison ship deck where he says "this is where they want you" and my game crashes. i played that part a few times and it first crashed right when he talked to me.then the second time i rearranged my load order and put morrowind_ob right under oblivion.esm and he said a few words and then it crashed. i rearranged my load order again and loaded up and it played the dialogue and i could continue just fine.i then loaded the autosave one more time and it started to talk and then crashed. are you aware of this bug?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Crashing Bugs
I have not heard of that one, nor seen it any time I've tested, and I've tested that part a BUNCH of times. Here are some questions. 1. Are you using a Bashed Patch? I keep forgetting to put this in the readme, but a Bashed Patch stores some information from older games. I have seen this. I know that this is true. If using a Bashed Patch, rebuild it. 2. What Morroblivon mods are you using that you would need to rearrange your load order? At this point, especially when this is all so new, we are recommending only Morroblivon_ob.esm followed by MorrowOblivion_World Transport then whatever non-Morroblivion mods you want. 3. If you strip the game down to Just Oblivion.esm and Morrowind_ob.esm, does this still happen?
Sighfin
Sighfin's picture
that was a common bug when
that was a common bug when people would use the morrowind_ob.esm created with the converter along with CNME. are you sure you're using the cleaned morrowind_ob.esm?
rocknrollcowboy
yep i am sure of it.v003-B
yep i am sure of it.v003-B and a new game
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Same Questions
I still have the same questions. Without much more information I don't know what could be causing the crash. 1. Are you using a Bashed Patch? I keep forgetting to put this in the readme, but a Bashed Patch stores some information from older games. I have seen this. I know that this is true. If using a Bashed Patch, rebuild it. 2. What Morroblivon mods are you using that you would need to rearrange your load order? At this point, especially when this is all so new, we are recommending only Morroblivon_ob.esm followed by MorrowOblivion_World Transport then whatever non-Morroblivion mods you want. 3. If you strip the game down to Just Oblivion.esm and Morrowind_ob.esm, does this still happen?
rocknrollcowboy
i am not using a bashed
i am not using a bashed patch.i installed oblivion,then i installed morroblivion and went through the conversion process. then i downloaded and installed the vvardenfell imports mod and then your morroblivion_ob.esm and THEN the vivic race and any other requirements for your mod such as the data files seperate download and the world transport.during the whole series of v003 updates i was at school so your last update is the first one i actually installed. and then i got the diolog template and did not add new diolog i just altered some of the text that was already there but custom text made by this mod.i only took a word or two out or added one to match the voice and lip files i put in.BUT, i also disabled the dialogue template as if i did not have it and it still did the same thing.it crashed. my load order is as follows. -Oblivion.esm -Morrowind_ob.esm -Tribunal_ob.esm -Bloodmoon_ob.esm -DLCShiveringIsles.esp -KT_CustomRaceFix.esp -MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp -Vivic race for Robert's body mod.esp -MorrowOblivion_World Transport.esp -Morrowind_ob -v003-B Dialog Template.esp rememeber i disabled the dialog template and it did the same thing. and i also disabled the KT_CustomRaceFix Also, in the cs editor i get these errors while recompiling all scripts: Script '0AAMWErsatzLevitation', Line 9 Script command "TapKey" not found and Script '0AAMWErsatzLevitationPotionSCRIPT', Line 20 Script command "TapKey" not found and Script '0AAMWLevitatePotion', Line 6 Script command "TapKey" not found and Script 'FBMWChargenGuard', Line 4 //i think this line might be relivent? unknown variable or function 'comeover'
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank you
I'm sorry, but at this point I have no idea why it would crash for you. Would you try with just Oblivion and Morrowind - and nothing else? I cannot imagine what it would be conflicting with, but trying it without anything else would determine whether it WAS a conflict or not. Bloodmoon and Tribunal are completely empty. You would only need them if some mod referenced them as a Master file, but then you could sever the link with Tes4Gecko. TapKey was a failed attempt by Yoshimo to fine an acceptable Levitation workaround. That is an OBSE function and would not cause an error if you were compiling with OBSE. But, after spending quite a bit of time with it, he found further on in the documentation that the command doesn't actually work and will not do what he wanterd. You also should NOT use the Dialog Template. I'm going to remove that from this section and put it somewhere by itself. You're not the first person I confused with that. Sorry. It was ONLY meant as the basis for someone that was going to make a mod for this project that edited Dialog.
rocknrollcowboy
but i DID edit dialog,thats
but i DID edit dialog,thats why i used it.i changed certain responses to match up with original Morrowind voices so the lip synch would be accurate. and do you want me to try it without the Shivering Isles and vivic race too? theyre part of your project.. doesnt Morroblivion require Shivering Isles?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Shivering Isles
Morrowind will likely require Shivering Isles in the future, and definitely if you use the object replacer during conversion, which I just realized I need to tell people NOT to do. This master does not expect there to be Shivering Isle trees in Vvardenfell, so will point to meshes possibly not there because they were replaced. However, I do not believe Shivering Isles is currently required to be Actively Installed. Vivic Race is only needed for much later in the Quest, not at the beginning. And, you only need the resources, not the ESP anyway. The Queen had Made that clear in her readme; I guess I did not. It is amazing how many details there are to take care of, and how many things can go wrong. The idea with putting everything in a Master File is that you wouldn't need the whole Template just to edite a few lines of Dialog. It would only be necessary if I was to try to merge your mod into the Master. If that was your intent, then yes that is exactly the way you should do it, thank you.
rocknrollcowboy
ok i just tried it with
ok i just tried it with nothing but oblivion and morrowind_ob and it still crashes..
Dave B
Dave B's picture
What is he wearing?
Can you tell me what the guard is wearing that says "this is where they want you?" That is where you are experiencing the crash, correct? I believe that if you hurry out of the hold and past that guard he will not bother you. That converstation with you does not actually do anything, so it is likely not what is causing the crash. Can you see if you can get past him?
rocknrollcowboy
the guards id name in the
the guards id name in the editor is 0chargenSboatSguard1 i believe,he's the first guard right after getting on deck.redguard,whearing imperial armor. i was able to get passed him.after completing the quest a went back to the ship to see if it would crash and he did say the dialog it would crash on usually but it didnt crash.i talked to him 2 more times until it crashed.maybe its a dialog problem.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Head Scratcher
Well that is certainly... unusual. I don't know what to say. This conversation does absolutely nothing; it's sole purpose it to give the player the feeling of being hurried along by impatient guards. I will continue to investigate. Hopefully you can continue on; just don't talk to him. And don't bother with Caius; that quest is currently broken. You can, however, go into caves and tombs, and look at Eloth's beautiful Ghostfence...
rocknrollcowboy
well i will keep lookin
well i will keep lookin too,as i dont wanna play any part of the quest aside from testing purposes.i wanna save that for that feeling of the mod being done with no errors and full accomplished Morroblivion!haha
eloth
eloth's picture
i have to say i have the
i have to say i have the same problem, them game crash when the guard comes towards you. I think it has something to do with how the morrowind rebuildt changes/add races.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Three Possible Things
I have never had this issue, so it is nearly impossible for me to test. There race on this guy is just a vanilla Redguard, so I don't think Rebuilt's races would affect anything here. There are only three possible things I can see. 1. He has no eyes. Would you try adding eyes and see if that fixes the issue? 2. He is wearing Imperial Chainmail 3. He does have a script attached Imperial Chainmail was one of the pieces I had missed converting the first time. They do not render properly for me in the CS; they are mostly invisble, but have been fine in-game so far. If the problem persists after adding eyes, would you try changing his armor. The script simply initiates the "This is where they want you" and then essentially disables itself with a DoOnce. This would be the only other thing I can think of would be to remove this script from the NPC.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
My Compatibility Fix Did Not Work
I regret to say that the fix I have been working on for the past five days does not work. In fact, if anything it makes matters worse, if that is possible. So, tear it all out and back to the drawing board... I believe the appropriate saying would be "Fools will go where Angels Fear to Tread." I do have one more thing I can think of before the ugliness of tearing a good portion of the dialog out the ESM and putting it into an ESP--like every other Master/Mod combination out there does. That is to add a faction criteria to every line of dialog in Morrowind. Yoshimo and I had decided long ago to leave every NPC in the factMorro Faction so that something global like this could be applied. Now I am certainly glad we did. However, before getting back to compatibility, I am going to concentrate on rebuilding the dialog that was lost when the Main Quest was merged from Morrowind Rebuilt. That way, anybody who wants to play in Morrowind rather than Cyrodiil anyway can keep playing and testing while I figure out whatever I need to do to get compatible. I apologize to everyone who wants Morrowind to be Compatible with Cyrodiil. It will be a while longer yet...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
20 Second Fix
OK, it took about 2 minutes to tear out 5 days worth of work. Then it took me 20 seconds to Fix the compatibility problem with Cyrodiil. When this is all over, I may just have to go kill myself... EDIT OK, now that I've had a chance to calm down. The issue was simply a matter of priority. All Morrowind Dialog belongs to one big happy "MorroDefaultQuest." It's priority had been set to 90, so it simply overrode all Oblivion Dialog. The term "fix" was used somewhat liberally when I said "20 second fix" because this will need to be addressed more thorougly later, but at least now I can get on with my life. Maybe I won't have to kill myself after all :)
Znalia
Znalia's picture
Oblivion Dialog
I think that this fix could really be the solution to the conflicts regarding Mages' Guild Quests. Thank you for your efforts. I am willing to try the new esm as soon as it is uploaded.
Digmaster
Digmaster's picture
I wonderful to see this mod
I wonderful to see this mod is still alive and kicking. I've been a huge fan of morrowind, and I love the work your doing. I used to mod morrowind a lot (Although it was mostly putting two mods together that didn't work together), so hopefully I can start a mod you eventually absorb. Thanks for your efforts!
Dave B
Dave B's picture
That would be Welcome
That would be welcome Digmaster. I have a thread on things that I have identified that I know are needed, but the list of things to do is vast. Yoshimo is going through and pretty much fixing anything that gets in his way. If you are going to do something please talk about it! One of the recurring problems with Morroblivion has been that everybody did the same things over and over because there was no coordination. If you want to do somethin, go for it!
Digmaster
Digmaster's picture
Awesome! I have little
Awesome! I have little experience other then moving around building making them, dialog, and some other things (I loved Balmora so practically every day I added a new building to that city back in the day), however I am more then happy to learn how. Once you update the master I'll work on NPC packages for Balmora and Vivec, hopefully they aren't train wrecks. By the way, would you be interested in my taking some oft he old "Balmora/Vivec/etc expanded mods and remaking them here? Just curious if you want to keep this as close to the original as possible, or are willing to expand it a bit.
Digmaster
Digmaster's picture
Awesome! I have little
Awesome! I have little experience other then moving around building making them, dialog, and some other things (I loved Balmora so practically every day I added a new building to that city back in the day), however I am more then happy to learn how. Once you update the master I'll work on NPC packages for Balmora and Vivec, hopefully they aren't train wrecks. By the way, would you be interested in my taking some oft he old "Balmora/Vivec/etc expanded mods and remaking them here? Just curious if you want to keep this as close to the original as possible, or are willing to expand it a bit.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Our Basic Goal
Our basic goal, first and foremost, is to make the game playable. Secondly, to create a stable environment where other moders do what modders do--but without worrying about conflicting with every other mod out there. The stuff you are talking about would be perfect for one of the first Bona-Fida Morroblivion mods!. However, again, be careful that you don't waste your time doing what somebody else has already done. I would recommend checking out the extra AI mod from Cool Shady & Nick V here http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14929 I believe they have already started with Balmora factions, etc. If nobody else picks this up, then eventually I will probably include parts of it in the Master, but you are welcome to it. Or, if you would like to help us directly, please feel free...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Project Status Update
I have isolated the missing Dialog Responses into a mod by themselves. There are approximately 448 missing Responses, but that is a rough count by hand. I did not count the Topics. Now all I have to do is pull them back into the Master. Still, 448 is a LOT, so, wish me luck... :)
Digmaster
Digmaster's picture
Good luck!
Good luck!
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Definitely FormID's
Thank you. The Dialog Responses Definitely failed to import because of Duplicate FormID's. I thought I would be able to just go into the CS and repull the missing Responses, thinking that the CS would recognized duplicate FormID's and make new ones for me. Wrong. I have discovered that the CS pulls items from one mod to another simply by changing the first Hex Group, and leaves the rest of the ID Intact. This is why when you grab something from a mod sometimes you end up with "Bashed Forms." So, now I am going through the list, again, and am assigning new FormID's to the Responses. THEN I can pull them back into the Master with the CS. THEN I can clean up any mismatch or missing References.
eloth
eloth's picture
bethesda`s developers are
bethesda`s developers are lazy and unskilled, delivering half finished products :P
XJDHDR
XJDHDR's picture
Does this use "Morroblivion Object Replacer"?
@David Budreck I'm just wondering if this uses "Morroblivion Object Replacer": http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15112 MOR basically provides extended INI files for the Morroblivion utility to convert more objects from Morrowind into their Oblivion equivalents.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Please do NOT use the Object Replacer
No, this Master did not use the Object Replace. It therefore expects Morrowind meshes and textures to exist in their proper folders. If you ran the ESP Converter with the Object Replacer active, then the files will not be where this Master expects them to be, and will result in Yellow Diamonds all over the place. This Master was created with the Default INI Files included in the ESP_Converter. There are a couple of exceptions, but the missing meshes and textures are included in the Support Files, or the meshes have been redirected to Oblivion or Vvardenfell Imports equivalents. I have already updated the main post of this thread. I keep tinkering with it as I remember things that I had forgotten to include, or as new things are added. Please review the main post of this thread from time to time.
Rosenkreuz
Rosenkreuz's picture
Hi
New here, but I know my way around the construction set a bit, and can learn more easily, and would like to help. However, I would like a clean master first. I have read the thread and know why the current one is down, but is there an available download for the previous versions?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
v003-C is Uploading Now
I am going to release v003-C as a Beta on a different thread just so that everybody knows that I have had some issues. I hope they are resolved, but I won't know until some people start to test it. The file is uploading now. It takes a while...
Rosenkreuz
Rosenkreuz's picture
Cool
Excellent. What exactly am I looking for bugwise? Dialog in general or more specific stuff? and after that's fixed, what'll be next?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm v003-D
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/13/2010 I have made some changes to the Post/Readme. Please Review this Thread. Well, it is finally here, v003-D. I am sorry about the B-C-D Nonsense. I just didn't want to start calling anything v004 because there was no new content, just fixing things that I broke in v003. v003-C Added: -- Missing Dialog from Morrowind Rebuilt by the Queen of the Ashlands -- Cliffracer Hotfix supplied by Eloth -- Hlaalu Helms have been fixed -- Morrowind/Oblivion Hotfix for compatibility between Morrowind and Oblivion Quests -- Suppressed annoying "Current Events" chatter by NPC's as if Morrowind was a distant place... v003-D Added: -- Morrowind/Oblivion Hotfix has been updated to a better, more Permanent Fix -- Some Faction Relations have been tweaked (but people still don't really care for each other) -- Minor Landscaping in Balmora -- Main Quest has been Debugged through the first Quest and into the Second I have playtested searching for Caius, Reporting to him, giving him the Package, getting the First Assignment, and then getting the Quest for the Puzzle Box from the contact at the Fighter's Guild. I jumped around on some rooftops to make sure I wasn't randomly attacked, and while the NPC's didn't really like me too much, they did not attack me either. I have not followed the Quest any further than that, so I do not know how far it works Properly, but Yoshimo spent a lot of time in that Dwemer Ruin fixing it up. He made due with what he had to work with for Dwemer Machinery before we got the Missing Meshes from Eloth. Eloth's Missing Dwemer Meshes are NOT included yet, nor has any attempt been made to go back and revisit the changes Yoshimo made in that first Dwemer ruin. If somebody wants to volunteer for that, this would be a good project after v004 is released this weekend. >>> You Must Be At Least 4th Level To Start The Main Quest <<< I have also not Playtested this with a character that is lower than 4th level to see how it behaves. If somebody would like to do that and let me know if it is minding it's manners, that would be great...

Pages