I've finally got my install to the point where it's relatively stable (I still get a 0xc00000fd exception crash every hour or two that I can't resolve, but the more frequent 0xc0000005 crashes seem to be mostly fixed). However, whenever I try to enter Sterdecan's farmhouse north of Pelagiad, the loading screen bar goes almost to full, but the game then freezes. It doesn't CTD, and there's no error in the Windows event log. Also, although I've only yet been to a few towns (Balmora, Vivec, Pelagiad, Seyda Neen), I can enter buildings in those areas - at least the many I've tested so far - without any problem. So has anyone had this error with Sterdecan's house specifically, and/or have any ideas? Thanks!
Background info/my specs:
I'm running under 64-bit Win 7 Home Premium on an Intel i7 930 at 2.8 GHz with 6 GB of RAM and a Geforce GTX 480, and have already performed the following fixes on top of the standard Morroblivion v0.59 install. I also don't plan on using the Crash Prevention System, as there's too much evidence it can potentially corrupt saves.
1) 4GB LAA patch
2) Oblivion Stutter Remover v4.1.24RC (mostly default ini settings, but with iThreadsFixedToCPUs = 2, iDefaultMode = 3, iDefaultSpin = 3000, and iHeapAlgorithm = 2, which seems to be more stable than ThreadHeap3 for me)
3) Streamline v3.1 (for Streamsave and Streampurge only)
4) Fast Exit v2
5) Oblivion.ini tweaks (uInterior Cell Buffer = 16, uExterior Cell Buffer = 102, iPreloadSizeLimit = 104857600 - from http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_9.html)
6) All autosaves turned off except for autosave on wait
7) TES4LodGen (ran after latest mod load order was set in BOSS/Wrye Bash)
My mod loadout is pretty light:
Load Order
Oblivion.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
Streamline 3.1.esp
Dynamic Map.esp
Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v10.esp
Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp
Morrowind_ob - ClothingReplacer.esp
Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionWater.esp
Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp
ProtocolledDialogs.esp
HUD Status Bars.esp
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
MiniMap.esp
Morrowind_ob - Silt Striders.esp
Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp
Morrowind_ob - Unique Grass.esp
Morroblivion - Flora Overhaul.esp
MorroblivionNewMap.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Wife got in to Sterdecan's
Wife got in to Sterdecan's farmhouse no Probs Did you try it without DistantLOD. It was Taken of cause it was Freezing on Loading.