Skip to main content

Small problems with various quests.

Submitted by Sven on

Hi!

I've been noticing a few small problems with quests not really working as intented (I think).

Here's my load order, sorted with BOSS:

[External image]

 

So, the problems that I've had that I remember enough of are:

  • Manwe's Dues - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Manwe%27s_Dues - where Manwe just instantly attacked me when I entered. I was of course forced to defend myself and killed her, and I got no quest update or anything. I had to use console commands for that one.
  • Unsanctioned Training - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Unsanctioned_Training - where I accepted the deal of getting his training, lied to Ranis, but when asking for the training he just asks me if I want it and nothing happens. He doesn't offer any services, which he did earlier... it's gone now for some reason.

Yeah, those and possibly the Death of Ralen Hlaalo where I entered the Council Club and got attacked, I killed him and two others who attacked alongside, then this dude who fit the description (given by the scared girl, Uryne, in the manor) comes in and someone in the Council Club helps me kill him. No quest updates or anything, but I'm not sure I followed the stages correctly in that one...

Anyway, these are pretty small things, but they do break the immersion and I'm really enjoying Morroblivion! I just found out about it yesterday and then the hours flew, lots of fun! 

So, is there anything I can do in load order or something to avoid these small problems? I don't want future quests to be completely broken or something. If you need to know anything more just ask, I'm not sure what info you need to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I recently completed Manwe's dues quest with no problems. She did not attack me, and I had a conversation with her. this leads me to believe it is an interaction with another mod or something at your end. Maybe disable persuasion overhaul and check?

I haven't tried the other quest yet.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't see anything wrong with your load order, except that Morroblivion Maps esp should be last or it won't work.

Manwe could attack you if her disposition is really low, but that doesn't break the quest - you can just tell Ranis that you killed Manwe.

I'm not sure what the issue with training is - can you post the exact dialogue line, which he says when you try to use training?

About the Council Club - did its members just attacked you on sight? I don't think it would break the quest either, but that never happen to me.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

All right, I'll try moving Maps down last (it seemed to work fine though) and disabling Persuasion Overhaul for a while!

qwertyasdfgh: When I choose the dialogue option "Unsanctioned Training" he simply says: "Do you want training?".

And yes, I went downstairs in the Council Club, they opened a door and just attacked me on sight, just as Manwe did. I'm an outlander sure, but come on people on Morrowind, chill out! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

When I choose the dialogue option "Unsanctioned Training" he simply says: "Do you want training?".

You don't need to choose this option - use the standard training menu.

And yes, I went downstairs in the Council Club, they opened a door and just attacked me on sight, just as Manwe did. I'm an outlander sure, but come on people on Morrowind, chill out!

Hmm, yes, looks like this could happen if your Personality is really low or you're a member of their rival organisations, like Thieves Guild. They're Camonna Tong, after all.
And I think Manwe also lives in a cave for a reason :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, the standard training menu is gone, as well as the option to buy spells he had before. He was refusing to admit he was doing any of them when I had them anyway, and then suddenly, before I even got this quest, both options disappeared altogether.

Oh, yeah, I'm a member of the Thieves Guild so that could definitely explain it. :) As soon as I start a game of Elder Scrolls I become a kleptomaniac, so Thieves Guild is just natural to me!

 

Anyway, I'll play more and quest more later and report back if anything helped. Thanks both for taking your time!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, the standard training menu is gone, as well as the option to buy spells he had before. He was refusing to admit he was doing any of them when I had them anyway, and then suddenly, before I even got this quest, both options disappeared altogether.

He will not offer services during his sleeping or eating time - talk to him during the day.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)