Skip to main content

[WIP] Dagoth Ur & Ash Vampires

Submitted by Ravanna on

Current Stage: Zbrush concepting.

From one Mesh, reposed to vampire lord, I am creating Dagoth Ur and the Ash vampires.
Dont work hard, work smart!

3rd eye is controversial, but butthurt wont sway me unless its a mass of butthurt.
longer demonic ears, scarier contenance.
the Ash vamps will have beards, but I dont think Dagoth will.

2 version fo Dagoth:
​1st time meeting him: walks on ground, wears mask etc.

2nd time meeting him (after u think u killed him). floats on air, possibly doesnt wear mask?


 

Karma: 1 (1 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 15 Mar 2014 - 01:45.


I love It!!!! He looks evil and very forboading. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

They look amazing. I think that it would be awesome to see him flying about without his mask after you ''killed'' him

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ya the end boss dont knowe if hey got a 3rd eye but  i never playt morrowind but i assume hey got always a maks on and i think it would look super whit his mask on 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't think they have a 3rd eye so I would probably avoid it since there are going to be lots of people who like the first game playing this game but that might be just me, who knows. the model looks awesome though.

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

i think only dagoth wil have the 3rd eye thing smerk10 ore am i rong ? make's sens for me hey is almost a god and can make hime self look like hey wants and his mask got the 3rdt eye

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

Smerk10

I don't think they have a 3rd eye so I would probably avoid it since there are going to be lots of people who like the first game playing this game but that might be just me, who knows. the model looks awesome though.

According to elder scrolls wiki http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ash_Vampire

"Ash Vampires appear as gray skinned, red eyed thin humanoids, with a huge third eye in the center of their fore- heads."

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

BAM! thank u shushine!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think the issue is most pictures display the eye as closed: 

 

 

 

But there appears to be a eye: 

Even Dagoth ur has a eye slot

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

well I stand corrected.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I love it all, but I think dagoth should keep his mask on. Its too much a part.of his character of you ask me. How about having it cracked or broken in the second fight, revieling just part of his face? It still keeps the mystery, and would look more dramatic.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I like that idea
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Diverted to Ash vampire now. Keeps the dwemer skin, though more pale and with a blue tint, red eyes, and now working on the gold crown.

Attachment Size
ASHVAMP1.jpg (external) 105.57 KB

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow, I love that crown! I think though their face is a bit too angry looking. I don't know how it works with facial expressions in-game, but I always found it somewhat creepy that even though Ash vampires didn't wear masks, their faces were derived of emotions, they could really keep it cool even in their own death. They should have a smug on their gobs that we will want to tear off :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sexual. Very Sexual 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sexual. Very Sexual

Deviant!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's so beautiful I...I...
http://youtu.be/mkGkpxU018s?t=14s

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Help me out, yay or nay, 1 armour pauldren on one side(may flip side).
sharp chains hold it in palce, create a sharp lip on metal.
yeah er did the hair beard and stuff, yo happy?

Attachment Size
strage4.jpg (external) 243.67 KB

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Maximum awesomeness

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yay looking very good yes

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I freaking LOVE the beard and the collar, but I'd change the pauldron design completely to something more Chimer - like, similar to Indoril pauldrons, and integrate it with the collar.


[External image]

I hope it's still doable at this stage :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is simply amazing ravanna as always, also I could go either way with the pauldrons, but I lean more towards the unique style, but makes sense to be more chimeric
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I personally prefer the smaller and simple pauldrin design. These guys are supposed to be wearing minimum clothing and such after all.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

In this case I'd go for no pauldrons at all. Or, as usual, when you can't decide - why not both? :P There's quite a few ash vampires to kill in Morrowind, it would be nice to give them some personality and differentiate their styles.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

And I'm done here. The colour has been done too, though i didnt display it.

I'm not finishing this low poly/rig atm, Dagoth is more important, rushing onto finish that.

Attachment Size
ashvamps.jpg (external) 1.91 MB

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

concept sheet:

includes dragomir's more ornate egyptian inspired designs, some randoms, and of course kirkbrides original concept which shall take precident

Attachment Size
concept.jpg (external) 739.32 KB

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

looks scary good

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

finally an epic dagoth ur :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

:O
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

looks very good but make 3 eye holes i wanne look hime in al 3 eye's when i am gone talk to hime and would be sad to have a 3rdt eye and not use it

also the skul doesnt really fit the style maby a metal skul whit a real skul i always wonder what the story of that skul ho was hey why can hey be on top of a importend person like dagoth ur

also i like the red hair thingies on the mask 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Looks awesome, but I'd only take away the skull bit, I think it's really unnecessary. Just put another eyehole in there. The pentagram on his belt seems a bit unnecessary too... There are cool Dagoth symbols to replace it with. They are DAgoth, not goth :P Aside from those details, he looks amazing.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Am I the only one who sees it already has 3 eye holes?
Karma: -1 (1 votes)

Looks very Aztec. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

nope Stij. i see it as well! 

and to you Ravanna i take my hat off, simply astonishing work!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

hello Idontknowwhattocallyouself summersetter :p

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Every day I check this thread and pray for an update. Think Dagoth Ur will look awesome if your previous models are anything to go by :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Bit busy atm, but last night we started setting up the creature in ck.
Once I have confirmation of it all working, I can continue this.
RIght now I'm doing Nix hound, Mushrooms, and dwemer stuff.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

stijmunkeyAm I the only one who sees it already has 3 eye holes?
The third eye hole is covered though. It should be red, but the opening isn't really an opening...its decorational in the pic.

 

This looks very promising.heart

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Back to work! Hurrah. 16 million polies and it zbrush doesnt break a sweat.

ok look below ;)

 

Karma: 2 (2 votes)

Nice. I'll try to post it here since you requested.

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

Love it!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is the model we're going to use in-game, right? Unless it's too hi-poly for most people?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ZeroSbr

This is the model we're going to use in-game, right? Unless it's too hi-poly for most people?

This is a high poly build which means that it won't and couldn't be used in any game [External image]. A separate low poly version will be used, in game.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Awww man!  But he looks so BADASSED!  Also, what does the mask version look like?  If images were posted they've since been purged.

Karma: -1 (1 votes)

I'm absolutely loving the ceremonial bits like the chain attached from his armor to his ear and the beard detail/jewelry. Model wise this is absolutely Dagoth Ur material. I would love to see some more obvious effect from the Heart of Lorkhan on his actual being though. Considering how unique Vivec and Almalexia looked and Dagoth's ambition to create a superior race, he should look more... divine or powerful. Maybe some pattern or effect on his skin could really portray that. 

 

I'm also dying to see the helmet :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Absolutely gorgeous! Also: it may just be the screen I'm viewing from, but is his beard the same color as his skin? If so, you may want to color it black or something so that it doesn't look like some sort of weird growth coming out of his chin.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is not dagoth ur people.
This is just an ash Vampire.


 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ravanna

This is not dagoth ur people.
This is just an ash Vampire.


 

Holy damn - and it's not even the big Ur himself yet?  The Sixth House is going to rock all over the place!

Karma: 0 (2 votes)

Ravanna

This is not dagoth ur people.
This is just an ash Vampire.
 

Ya, I was wondering why everyone was saying Dagoth ur when you first post explains how the modeling process will work.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shushine

ZeroSbr

This is the model we're going to use in-game, right? Unless it's too hi-poly for most people?

This is a high poly build which means that it won't and couldn't be used in any game [External image]. A separate low poly version will be used, in game.

Ah well. Just don't make it TOO low-poly please D:

Karma: 0 (0 votes)