http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3106
Please use the link above for info regarding the Skywind project and development of a new master system.
Thanks.
Ironman.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3106
Please use the link above for info regarding the Skywind project and development of a new master system.
Thanks.
Ironman.
Skywind main was only dependent on Skyrim.
http://i.imgur.com/yF22u.png
Skywindmain without the Balmora fix looks a little screwed up ingame and a bit in CK, but you can save the changes in CK and can still see the changes in you re-open the CK. If you merge the Balmora patch into Skywindmain, everything looks fine ingame, CK looks pretty much the same, and you cannot see your esp edits anymore, but you can see the changes you made to your esp ingame. That's why I think the non-merged one could be a dev version I suppose.
Oh, and I can host the Skywindmain.esm and the Balmora patch if it's needed. I use TESVedit's "deep copy as override into" option to copy the Balmora patch into the Skywindmain
Ahh! remember it now but have lost it,if you still have it could you zip it up on mediafire Mehh.?
I could download it and then you could just delete it if you want.?
Could make another one but would like to see what I put into the other one,it could be a great help.
We were typing at the same time then Mehh.:)
Sure! Umm it'll take a bit because I have shitty upload. Nevermind, it shrunk from 90something mb to 30mb when I rared it, it should be done in a bit lol.
Cheers! no rush,just post the link later,Thanks.
Upload is complete, I also added the Balmora fix esp. Should I upload a merged version too?
http://oi49.tinypic.com/24109sk.jpg
Balmora with the merged version. I only have Skywindmain.esm/Update.esm/Skyrim.esm checked. Without the fix, well everything is floating doors!
A merged version would be great,I am a lazy old git.LOL.:)
Earlier I used the non merged version, and put a huge ice berg inside of a cave, closed CK, re-opened it with my esp, and the ice berg was still there. Then I merged the Balmora fix, and I could no longer see my ice berg in CK, but I could see it in-gane. I have no idea what the Balmora fix does, it fixes stuff in-game but breaks editing in the CK. I can't even edit Skyrim maps with the merged Skywindmain.esm opened.
When I downloaded it,it was only 128KB in size and would not unarchive with my 7zip program,it says it`s corrupt.
Filedropper is downloading the files,but they are all saying that they are too small,170KB.?
It says the file size is unknown for me when I try to download them. Uploading to Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3v5824qex9cx4ux
Skywind main
http://www.mediafire.com/?6t20tebvv7xtkql
Skywind merged with Balmora
Cheers Mehh,sorry for being a pain.
I forgot I even had a media fire account.
Got them both this time,thanks again for your help.Will have a closer look at them and report back tomorrow,have got to run now "she who must be obeyed" is calling.:)
I guess I should have tested it a bit more, when I went to and_ahemmusacamp00 right near there I got an array error, and could no longer edit unless I reset CK. But hey, I guess at least you can edit the indoors lol... The array error is what is killing us.
Well when adding random black reach mushrooms, I learned some places you can place objects, and some places you cannot. Sometimes you lose the ability to place objects completely, sometimes you can get the ability back by changing to a wilderness and go back to the cell. But yeah, it's the array errors.
Yeah! know what you mean,the morrowind_sk.esm is the root of all the others,so whatever we try will fail unless we can re-convert it,but that would proberly not work and put us back months.:(
I will spend some time on this trying to make it possible to edit in the CK but without a totally properly converted morrowind_sk.esm that is dependent on skyrim.esm we stand no chance imo.
But how are some of the guys here making mods that place NPC`s into Balmora etc,if we can`t even get the editor to let us see what we are placing or wether it even got placed.?
Thanks for those files though,I had our master dependent on skyrim.esm with that skywindmain file and did not even know it when my system went down.
When I used my npc files, the npcs were auto-placed in their correct locations. They were nekkid and stood there. Sadly if the CK issue isn't fixed, we may have to bite the bullet and re-convert. Would we really re-make everything? Even the npcs?
Also if I recall Eloth mentioned that he fixed up array errors by "paint up" some cells, and fixed the odd purple ground textures by linking the textures.
The main problem is that if we just go back and use an older morrowind_sk.esm,we lose the skyrim.esm dependency but can then put any morrowind [morroblivion] objects,NPC`s etc that we want into the CK.
But if like now we have a master that can use the skyrim stuff,we can`t edit or place it properly in the CK.
So that leave us with just 2 options from my seat,just use data from morroblivion or use what we have now and try to solve the editing probs.
Eloth`s work can be used to make the textures etc better,but it is the actual inability of not being able to use the CK properly that is the pain.
The Andoran mod uses skyrim.esm as it`s master [I think],and it was made with that as a dependent,but our morrowind_sk.esm was not given any skyrim.esm dependency when it was made,I have added that dependency but it has somehow caused problems with the CK.
When I first tried to merge skyrim.esm dependent stuff with VC months back it refused to give our master that dependency,that is why I have tried so many different ways since then.
It does look like that our master is good for morroblivion based stuff,but not skyrim stuff,but we need skyrim objects etc.
The way we have it now with V_10b,Skyrim biased objects can be merged into SkyWind.esm and all other stuff into morrowind_sk.esm,so it is not a total lose,but working on trying to get our master editable in the CK definately needs a lot of attention.
The point I am trying to make is that until we can say place a Giant from Skyrim in the Balmora square [near the fighters quild maybe] and save an esp and still be able to go back in and move him etc,we are lost imo.
After getting so close,and being stopped by the same old problem of not being able to edit properly in the CK,I have decided to look at the whole thing from a different angle,by summing up what works and what not to try again.
Firstly we know that morroblivion works and can be edited it the CS,so that proves that land/objects/cells etc are ok in the master for morroblivion.
Also before the CK was released FOMM/NVMM was used with good results to convert mods to the TESV format.
So here is my plan [which will take about a week to complete].
1)Load the morroblivion master into TESnip [NVMM version],and delete everything except the WRLD & CELL groups.
2)In the same tool [this was used before the CK arrived],make sure that the version and format is correct for the CK.
Delete the Oblivion.esm dependency and add Skyrim.esm as it`s dependent.
Save the master out as SkyWind.esm with hopefully editable working land and cell only content.
If that master loads and works properly in all ways in the CK,I then move on to step 3.
3)Replace all other groups slowly checking each group for errors or ID duplication etc.
Check that everything is still stable after each group is added.
One thing I need to know though,is the QUAD land size the same in Oblivion & Skyrim.?
Well the last time you re-made the master file you fixed interior editing, maybe you'll have better luck this time on the world.
Also morrowind_sk.esm is so corrupted... no wonder CK can't work with it correctly. On top of that most records have form version of 0 or 30. The thing is, previous games didn't care at all, but in Skyrim for example, if the record overrides another record and has a lower form version, the game will crash activating that reference. I'm not sure, but it also crashes simply on form version of 15 (used in fallouts before), probably on other small numbers too.
I agree with you zilav,and yes morrowind_sk.esm is a mess,but as it was made by the converter and all of it`s ID`s etc were set at that time,all I can do unless we reconvert it hopefully getting a better result,is to try to save a sinking ship.
I am trying to avoid a re-convertion by tidying it up instead,before I can re-ID and merge anything else to it the master must be stable,so I am doing it by hand.
TES5Edit is great and I use it without problems usually,but if the master is a mess [like ours] without remaking a new one I have no choice but to try to do it the hard way.
If I fail again,then we will have no choice but to re-convert,but the converter did not work properly the first time.
I have figured out that the main problem is in the CELL & WRLD groups by trial and error,but this is going to be a long job even with TES5Edit imho.
I am really struggling with this because even after giving everthing new ID`s and checking for clashing FORMS and REF`s it still persists on giving errors in Balmora and other places,and still will not edit properly,I don`t think there is much else to try because since way back to the first version morrowind_sk.esm has refused to respond like other esm`s no matter what tools I use.:(
The biggest PITA is that even a re-convert would just reproduce the same problems unless the converter was finished and skyrim.esm as a master could be added during the convertion,or added later without messing everything up.?
VC even refuses to add skyrim.esm as a master to morrowind_sk.esm,otherwise it would not be a problem.
Imo morrowind_sk.esm is messed up beyond recovery,but I hope not.?
I'd say leave the current version as is so other people can work with doing retextures etc., and start a new conversion from scratch.
The thing is, you don't need a converter if you are going to convert morrowind data from morroblivion to skyrim. Oblivion and Skyrim have identical binary format, and most changes are some subrecords and their data.
LAND records are the same, I mean EXACTLY the same. LAND record definitions in TES4Edit and TES5Edit are absolutely indentical, which means you don't need to convert them at all.
New TES5Edit version has support for scripting, so it can be used to write a "clean up" and "fix up" scripts to batch correct records, including changing formid references from oblivion.esm to skyrim.esm, changing form version, altering subrecords to conform skyrim format, etc.
So in theory the new conversion process will look like:
1) Remove everything from morroblivion.esm except a group of records to be converted.
2) Apply some script to prepare records for conversion if needed (change references)
3) Rename oblivion.esm to skyrim.esm in TES4 header, change file version, change form versions of records
4) Apply additional scripts in TES5Edit to fixup values, load in CK, correct remaning issues
5) Merge those records to some main esp plugin (later will be changed to esm), repeat that process for another records.
Pros: you have absolute control of records and their data, and can nail down errors quite easily
Cons: will take time, probably a lot of time.
To summarize - if author of C++ converter can fix it's issues and bugs, better to wait for it first. But if not, there is another way. Theoretical, but should be possible I think.
Thanks for the extra info zilav,the funny thing is that you have just outlined almost the way that I have been doing it except that I have not been appying any scripts.
You are correct,it will take a lot of time to do it,but proberly worth it,the only main thing is that the WRLD groups in morrowind_sk.esm use AND_wrldmorrowind x x but in morroblivion_ob.esm a different WRLD name is used,to get it all back to our current Skywind state is going to take a long while.
And all the stuff that I merged into morrowind_sk.esm will have to be remerged and most of those esp`s [at least the quest related ones] will have to be re-written,but I guess there ain`t a way to salvage morrowind_sk.esm.?
If you are going for a new conversion, skywind.esm should be scrapped too.
But, if morrowind_sk.esm and skywind.esm have the same formids as morroblivion.esm, some of their records can be later merged to the new main conversion esp file. Or a script could be made which will just copy changed data.
Ok,I have done all of the steps to get it into the CK as an esp instead of an esm,but the CK crashes out with a Microsoft error message at believe it or not 99%,then as you know the next screen is the desktop.If MS would stopp butting in it would load in the CK and then I could sort it out but MS is a PITA!.
The errors the CK sends out are all ok as I know about them,but that MS message stops everything!.
How can we work if MS but in.?
I think its best to go back to the beginning and debug the converter one more time and reconvert the dam thing ones more. Without a perfectly working .ESM file no one is winning. That we loose some work that has been done is acceptable, we all knew the files where not converted properly to work with in the first place, but still some did it for testing purposes and that’s a good thing. We now know its not doable to contine.
Can someone link me morroblivion.esm file (or how it is named), I want to take a look myself. Please don't link me morroblivion installation thread, not going to install it because I need only that single esm file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?appty66hyo6idd2
Sorry bud, but the only way to get it is to install it. The installer is protected in that it requires you to actually own oblivion, shivering isles, morrowind, bloodmoon & tribunal.
One suggestion what can be done:
Delete everything except WRLD from skywind.esm, then create a duplicate of skyrim.esm and do the same, then run them both through a hex editor to see if there is any glaring differences in any way.
eloth,
Skywind.esm only contains merged "doors.esp" at this time and has skyrim.esm and morrowind_sk.esm as it`s masters.
Morrowind_sk.esm is called by Skywind.esm but is still a stand alone master file,and contains all other merged esps.
If I delete eveything except WRLD from morrowind_sk.esm then all we would have is an empty world,the skyrim.esm used as a master to skywind.esm is simply used to allow us to add skyrim stuff.
So unless we start at the beginning and re-convert,I have to repair morrowind_sk.esm,there must be a way without losing everything.
I will not be beaten on this even if I have to hand repair the WRLD & CELL groups.
It will take a long time though,but imo still better than going back 6 months or more and losing it all.?
In fact the only problem that I have to solve is getting the CK to allow editing when skywind.esm calls morrowind_sk.esm,because if we could edit then all future merging could be to skywind.esm which allows morrowind and skyrim assets to be used.
Another way [which I have tried before] would be to move everything from morrowind_sk.esm into skywind.esm,will work on that again I think.
then someone must volunteer to repaint each and every cell, because i KNOW that is the main problem. Or ask the andoran team to take a look at the problems and hopefully fix the converter.
I agree eloth!,but it ain`t looking good either way I guess.:(
But miracles have happened before,so I might just get lucky,we did not even have skyrim assets support 2 months back,now we have,so I got lucky with that.:)
Why do we need Skywind to depend on Skyrim anyway? Couldn't we just rip the assets we need from Skyrim.esm and put them in a new esp? I suppose I am thinking way too far out of the box. =p
Good idea Mehh,but how do we know at this stage what assets we are going to use [need],?,with skywind.esm we can use whatever we want,when we want and just merge it [if possible] into skywind.esm,and skywind.esm sounds cool to me like skyrim and morrowind[name of the game as an esm].
I figured when someone needs to edit npcs, quests, etc they can just open morrowind_sk.esm and Skyrim.esm and can merge the files into Skywind.esm since skywind can use both masters.
When someone wants to edit landscapes, we know you can edit as long as you don't open Skyrim with it, so they can just open Morrowind_sk.esm and the giant esp or esm that contains all the skyrim assets that we'll need.
But when you opened the gaint esp,it would load skyrim.esm because it would have it as a dependent,then morrowind_sk.esm [loaded at the same time] would refuse to let you edit again.?
That is why imo we need everthing from morrowind_sk.esm put into skywind.esm and made to edit,then hopefully morrowind_sk.esm would no longer be needed.
I think eloth got it right,because the errors thrown up by the CK indicate that normal maps [graphics] need sorting out in the LTEX [land textures] group,ok for morroblivion,but not for the skyrim engine.
Oh, I figured you could just rip and steal the assets from Skyrim.esm and put them into one huge esp/esm.
As for the paint job, isn't there like 2000+ array errors?
I guess you could rip [steal] everthing from the skyrim master,but to make an esp that you could use in VC [use for merging] it would have to have a master dependent [skyrim.esm].
Yep! 2000+,thats a lot of work,but not needed if we could just make the current master editable in the CK for the reasons given earlier.
Ok,I guess this ain`t going to get done by magic,so I am firstly going to start work on getting all of the normal maps fixed.
I use Paint.NET and have installed the normal maps editing tools plugin,it has a very good instruction quide,so it should be easy to use.
Once they are all done,I can then test it out in the CK to see if the textures are correct.
After that the out of handle errors will need attention,but that comes later.
One step at a time we might just crack this.:)
Goodluck, if I knew how to fix them, I'd help out too.
It is my understanding that there is actually nothing wrong with the normal maps. The problem lies with a wrong property on all of the meshes. Besides, I think Eloth probably has most, if not all of those fixed by now.
Fixing the problems with the landscape and getting rid of the out of handle errors would probably be a better start, but I guess that is just my opinion.
I know TerrainUrockUBCU18 is somehow behind all of this! Also why is the water so messed up in CK? It's either no water, white void water or odd block ended water.
Hey guys. I stopped work on the thieves guild for weeks because I could see this was going to be a serious problem. Without a working, fully functional, dependent esm file I saw no reason to continue working on it.
Good to see people coming to our aid though. I would help, but this problem is out of my scope. I tried for weeks to get it working and failed.
I'll keep checking in and when someone finally figures it out I'll resume my work.
I like zilavs suggestion though. If fixing our current esm comes to a head, I'd say go for it.
I like that idea Shadow,it saves me going through all those normal maps for nothing.:)
Out of handle arrays is or should be fixable in one of the tools,TES5Edit,or Gecko,but I am not sure how to do that,any help with that would be very welcome.?
Landscape errors are wrongly lined up CELL`s or quads.?
Mehh,I have been wondering about the water too,because it appears just white [void] when we load morrowind_sk.esm only,but shows as badly lined up and broken blue when we load through skywind.esm,so it could be caused by skyrim.esm not having or not showing the default water in wrld_morrowind.?
Will have another go at porting it all over to skywind.esm and try to get the water correct while doing it.
Maybe Morrowind_sk just doesn't have the water file, and it only shows up with Skyrim enabled because Skyrim has the water file. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it's the only thing I can think of. Also when messing around with Skywindmain, I noticed that the array errors came up when I went near a coast in CK.

You have lost me a bit now
You have lost me a bit now Mehh,If I remember correctly Skywindmain.esm was dependent on skyrim.esm,I agree there,but it was also dependent on morrowind_sk.esm ,it had to be otherwise we could not have used it for non skyrim stuff.?
I think I have lost skywindmain.esm because,remember that power blit I had,it took out my computer and I had to re-build it.
But skywind.esm is the same I guess.?
Trying to make a new esm at this time with same data as we use in morrowind_sk.esm with totally new ID`s,it will take a few days to put together,and the Balmora fix might merge into it without the problems,I still can`t understand why morrowind_sk.esm is being such a pain,that is why I am trying [with not much success I admit] to totally renew it.