Skip to main content

[RELZ] Morroblivion Visual Overhaul v1.0

Submitted by eloth on

finally, here it is ready for download :)

this is a massive texture/mesh replacement, over 1.1gb in size, and

this first version replaces all landscape textures, lod textures, all exterior and interior

objects(except for flora, trees, and some misc objects that will be replaced in next version)

to get most out of this mod you have to tweak oblivion.ini:

if you have a high end graphic card with 1gb texture memory use these settings:

uGridDistantTreeRange=50
uGridDistantCount=40
uGridsToLoad=9

iPreloadSizeLimit=104857600

bHighQuality20Lighting=1

iShadowMapResolution=2048

iShadowFilter=2

bAllow30Shaders=1

fSpecularLOD2=29300.0000
fSpecularLOD1=28000.0000

[BlurShaderHDRInterior]
fTargetLUM=0.4000
fUpperLUMClamp=1.2000
fEmissiveHDRMult=1.5000
fEyeAdaptSpeed=0.5000
fBrightScale=2.5500
fBrightClamp=0.2300
fBlurRadius=9.0000
iNumBlurpasses=3

New links added:

complete one file installation thanks to Phased:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb40756/n/Eloth_s_Visual_Overhaul_v1.0_Repack.rar

Alternative link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B97l4Ix2xD5nNTRmZjdhODEtODVkNi00NGZiLTkzNmYtYzZlMTg2NGFkNDRm&hl=en

 

Old links:

part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?18yqf9y5d7wragx

part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?597wabyh600czkd

part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?4imt7b9bg8bq630

part 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ba4w6mx8gfwc8k

part 5: http://www.mediafire.com/?y4pu8cynpc1dass

part 6: http://www.mediafire.com/?16jlsvr4xwsdsqi

part 7: http://www.mediafire.com/?jlmaik77foio2i7

part 8: http://www.mediafire.com/?qy3epu4d0hgfye9

part 9: http://www.mediafire.com/?xwva03vu4flh6a1

part 10: http://www.mediafire.com/?k341kep3475tomb

part 11: http://www.mediafire.com/?g724ubxkkat33co

part 12: http://www.mediafire.com/?2fnp1p2fjk8veeu (missing textures)

part 13: http://www.mediafire.com/?vl9m7f8jad6aqfk (grass, hdr and weather mod)

part 14: http://www.mediafire.com/?u4cllv8jug0sgm4 (misc items replacer)

part 15: http://www.mediafire.com/?tpv9dspj8gmdlmc (fix for west gash rocks)

part 16: http://www.mediafire.com/?nqj9gj154tkk5t9 (fix for tapestries and altars)

part 17: http://www.mediafire.com/?9rbsraboqecmfwr (ingredient replacer)

part 18: http://www.mediafire.com/?vb863brvkvzkfbo (plants/flora replacer)

this mod enhances grass, hdr and weather, and also puts up a distant fog(like in morrowind graphics extender)

thanks to david for the testing and finalization :)

 

=====

alternatives to the part 13 (ESP file) above, which doesn't work unless you clean it in TES4Edit:

Part 13 cleaned by Leomorg (highly recommended): http://www.mediafire.com/?elgi7dgy7k1vsad

Part 13 from David Budreck which has the grass and distant land, but not the weather (recommended if you use OBGE to manage graphics settings / shaders / hdr): http://www.mediafire.com/file/xlu8cvsbd7ujiy1/MorrowOblivion_Visual%20Overhaul%20Landscape%20%26%20Grass.rar

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 13 Sep 2013 - 09:03.

Kia Ora

I desided I'd move my games drive as thery'er the same file structure from my

i7 940 2.9Mhz 6gb ram and a ATI 4870 2gb over to my

AMD x6 3.2Mhz 8gb ram and a Nivida 470 1gb

card and go a lovely 0xc0000142 error so untill I sort that I can only say thanks a heap for your

work Eloth, awsome,..

I assum for those who find they cant lines in their ini file it's ok to had them in the graphic area of the ini?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kiwi-Hawk, I am using the Nvidia GTX 470 and I'm doing fine; have you got the most recent drivers?  Did you launch Oblivion from the DVD and select the new graphics card in the graphics options in the DVD launcher?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I test it out(without Ini tweaks, I have everything on max and AA and AS on via my video card and my fps in citys is already borderline 18-20 dips to 14 briefly). Looks great, though I choose to use Hashims textures(there like 48 of them that override yours) as I prefer them after testing both.

Great job, much have been a lot of work.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I keep downloading the files and in part 1 I get this message when trying to move the files to the Oblivion folder

 

"CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUACUdirtUgrassU01.dds'.File is broken."

 

Anyone else having this problem?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So I re downloaded all the files and still am having the same issues.  certain files in each RAR files are broken.

 

Broken Files for Visual Overhaul

 

Part 1

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUACUdirtUgrassU01.dds'.File is broken.

 

Part 2

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUACUdirtUgrassU01.dds'.File is broken.

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUlandUdarkstone01_N.dds'.Files is broken

 

Part 3

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUlandUdarkstone01_N.dds'.File is broken.

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscapeLOD\generated\20447232-32.00.32.dds'.Files is broken

 

Part 4

Data error in 'data\textures\landscapeLOD\generated\20447232-32.00.32.dds'.Files is broken

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\f\TxUcUtUdibellaU01_N.dds'. File is broken

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@SL1DEmemphis


Try using a different mirror. If you're using mine, let me know and I'll check the files.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I got the same errors, I assumed that they were the cause of the missing textures and the #12 file fixed that, I saw nothing odd during my testing, but that was only like 10 minutes.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

 

Broken Files from Visual Overhaul RARs

I have installed all the files save the broken files.  So really I just need to get my hands on these files.

I used the links given early in this thread.  Where would another mirror download link be btw? 

Part 1

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUACUdirtUgrassU01.dds'.File is broken.

 

Part 2

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUACUdirtUgrassU01.dds'.File is broken.

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUlandUdarkstone01_N.dds'.Files is broken

 

Part 3

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\TxUlandUdarkstone01_N.dds'.File is broken.

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscapeLOD\generated\20447232-32.00.32.dds'.Files is broken

 

Part 4

Data error in 'data\textures\landscapeLOD\generated\20447232-32.00.32.dds'.Files is broken

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\f\TxUcUtUdibellaU01_N.dds'. File is broken

 

Part 5

Data errors in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\f\TxUcUtUdibellaU01_N.dds'. File is broken

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\f\TxURedoranUmarbleUwhite_N.dds'. Files is broken

 

Part 6

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\f\TxURedoranUmarbleUwhite_N.dds'. Files is broken

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\i\TxUDaeUfloorU01.dds'. Files is broken

 

Part 7

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\i\TxUDaeUfloorU01.dds'. Files is broken

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\i\TxUrockUbrownU02_N.dds'. File is broken

 

Part 8

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\i\TxUrockUbrownU02_N.dds'. File is broken

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\thatchedge_n'. File is broken

 

Part 9

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\thatchedge_n'. File is broken

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\TxUGGUfenceU02.dds'. Files is broken

 

Part 10

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\TxUGGUfenceU02.dds'. Files is broken

CRC failed in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\TXUSiltstriderUDeadU03.dds'. Files is broken

 

Part 11

Data error in 'data\textures\landscape\morro\x\TXUSiltstriderUDeadU03.dds'. Files is broken

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nevermind, I found the mirror downloads. Im going to try them out.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I hear about mediafire corrupting files... Can that be truth?

 

PD: I WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've registered to post feedback on this update *lurk mode - off*

I downloaded the files from the OP, and everything extracted fine. After the update with the missing textures, I've got no more magenta rocks of evil. The .esp, on the other hand, it's not compatible with the .esm provided by the official thread, as it seemingly requires Tribunal e Bloodmoon _ob.esm's.

My suggestion is for you to open the .esp in TES4Edit, delete the last two masters, save it, and open it with David's .esm checked instead; If you rename your own master file and load it as well, I think you can even pass the bits refering to plant and vegetation as override into the .esp.

It's a breathtaking masterpiece, by the way. I haven't checked on the updates for this project for a long while (last time all we had was the land populated by mute naked twins, and a giant rat or other to cut down), and I'm very happy I checked yesterday, to find, at my great pleasure, the dream of seeing Vvanderfell restored into full glory in the Oblivion engine. A complete port of the original game, no less, and much better. Now, about the fugly trees... see if you can do something about it in TES4Edit. I'm sure we'd love to have the vegetation improvement of your master file along with the glorious port of the official one.

Forgive my bad english, and keep up with the awesomeness.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

EDIT: Nevermind, I need to refresh my browser more often. Thanks again, eloth!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

SL1DEmemphis >>

That is because you are not using winrar. When a winrar file gets broken up, it turns into what you see.

With winrar, right click on file 01, and select extract here.

It will automatically install parts 01-11.

You have to then install the missing texture patch after that.

If you don't use winrar to extract the files, you will get missing files errors.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

On a side note - i'm running the game in REALLY low-end 512 mb graphic card, and installed the mod without the .ini tweaks. It runs smoothier than a virgin's lips, and I even managed to enable some graphic options that invariably turn Cyrodill in a slide show, without any fps hit at all.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ah i see.  Well let me grab a trial copy of WinRAR real quick then.

 

BTW: Is there a way to forgo the "Word Verification" every time I want to post on the forum?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Worked well with WinRAR.  Thanks!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If you dont want to use Trial ware u could try 7-Zip, it'll open those sliced up winrars and pretty much any other compressed file.

7-Zip

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Here. I took the liberty of cleaning the additional master files required to load the LandTexturesWithGrassPlusLOD.esp in TES4 Edit and making a compatible version with the current official Morrowind_ob.esm. It works cleanly and without error so far. Grass and underwater vegetation shows up properly!

http://www.mediafire.com/?elgi7dgy7k1vsad

I'd recommend trying to add your trees and plants replacer in a similar fashion.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Actually... I was using 7Zip and it breaking the files.  Never had that problem until now, but using the trail on winRAR worked.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Its a system error  at this point I'm thinking 0xc000142 errors are not nice from waht I been reading

so I updated a copy of Oblivion on my i7 to run morroblivion in the mean time it has a 4870 2gb version on it

and 6gb ram, bit of a bummer I was loking foward to seeing this on the AMD x6 with that GTX 470 humming along

but it'll take a bit longer to reinstall everything on that by looks,..

 

Thanks for the help anyway

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just for everone's info, not everything was retextured in version 1 of eloth's overhaul (many of the doors for example).

If you use Wrye Bash, just have Hashmi1's textures installed first, and then install eloth's overhaul with a later install order (a higher number) so that anything Eloth didn't retexture is covered by Hashmi1's pack.

The cleaned version of the grass mod that leomorg posted here works great, it looks wonderful. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora

O go it running on my 97 940 and the 4870 runs smooth as even with the ini tweeks.

I put in the complete texture pack then this pack with the updates last and I still have pink rocks round

balmora and the wooden mounts for the tapistries in the mages guild are pick to, so are the rocks round

Gnsis, theyer the same rock models by the looks. the other thing I found trying to siltstrider Kruul I CTD'd

Rocks are 0terrainUrockUwgU08, 0terrainUrockUwgU10, 0terrainUrockUwgU14, 0terrainUrockUwgU17

just to name some so you can ID the missing texture, looking in nifscopr the texture path shows

\Textures\<filename> and should be Textures\morro\x<filename> hope thats a help.

Seems to be just the wg set by looks

Just to update what I found,..

The tapistries where the same,.. the texture path in the nif files, I might

suggest it likely assets that have texture parts that didn't get changed from the default path, the default being

\textures\<filename>, this has now by the looks become \textures\morro\x<filename>, which is needed to save the

root texture dir becomming over loaded with large texture files, let me know please if you changeing the path or moving the files so I can keep the standard for future changes, at this point I fixed it by changing the path in nifskope but if you move the files I'll need to redo what I have done, and I personaly don't know it a good idea to file the \textures folder root with file, theyer a lot bigger that morrwind's files where, could it impact on the game having to many files in that folder?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

the missing texture for rocks around balmora and other parts in the west gash should be fixed with the last update. are you sure you downloaded the last update?

also try to use an archive invalidation tool, some of the rocks use oblivion textures, eg. textures/rocks/chrock01.DDS

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think there are still a few missing rock textures; I saw them a lot last night when I was taking screenshots. 

They are smaller rocks than last time, and there are a lot of them in the Molag Amur region to the east of Suran, and in the Red Mountain region.  This is with all 13 parts of the Visual Overhaul (installed last with Wrye Bash). 

I am using Wrye Bash to manage Archive Invalidation automatically, so that shouldn't be a problem (right?).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

im 99% sure those textures are included, i have double and triple checked.

try to see if you have this folder in your oblivion folder: oblivion\data\textures\rocks\

and see if you have chrock02.dds, chrock01.dds, and beachrock01.dds

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

A little surprise for you all Smile

this is a misc items replacer(bottles, plates, cups, bowls, baskets etc)

this is also a part of the Visual Overhaul project.

 

It is still not 100% complete, and it may not suit everyones taste, but with some help

from you i can improve it further.

 

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?99i2x9374yn9rb1

screenshot:

[External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora

 

the textures are all there they just need the texture path in the nif changed from \textures to \textures\morro\x

Is what I found

 

Thank you BTW Thanks for a great job it would have been hell on a broomstick to get ALL thos textures without missing a couple here and there, when I this of each nif having 3 or 4 plus links in it and the number of nif's geezz that heap of changes to make. awsome work man

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

im 99% sure those textures are included, i have double and triple checked.

try to see if you have this folder in your oblivion folder: oblivion\data\textures\rocks\

and see if you have chrock02.dds, chrock01.dds, and beachrock01.dds

 

I do not have a beachrock01.dds, in the folder there is a rockbeach01.dds.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is wonderful, and I especially like the new tapestries, but I've noticed that the bars they hang from seem to be missing a texture. No one else has mentioned this so I don't know if it's just me, but in my game they all appear purple. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's the same with me. There's a couple of missing textures for some small rocks as well (or some kind of archive invalidation conflict). Installing Hashmi1's texture pack along does correct the issue, albeit overwriting some of the textures.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Besides the rocks and tapestries, I also get purple mummies in the ashlander Urshilaku burial caverns .  They are "Mummy" 0100d0f1 according to the console.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kiwi, which file number is the mistake in so that everyone can fix it? Also, eloth, are you going to make LOD files so that the PC can see Tel Aruhn from Sadrith Mora, etc? That is the one thing I do not like about Morroblivion is you cannot see other cities buildings in the distance like you could in Morrowind with MGE.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora

 

I put some of the file names in my earlier post mostlt the wg rock set found in the f folder if I remeber rightly

and the tapistries group too my heading was "looks pretty choice" up before the last pic in this thread

sorry about getting ugly but I just felt totaly ignored and I gave the answer out in full

 

I went through the nif file with nifskope opening them and fixing the paths in white ones

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just Awesome! :)
I'm wondering... after that i installed this... the Ghostfence dissapeared... Is that a good or a bad thing? :p

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora

 

 If you compair them with the default there looks to be a lot of data missing

in the tree, theres only one texture link that I can see in Nifskope

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@aBaDmAn91:

 

the reason why the ghostfence disappear is that david has made a custom version of the ghostfence meshes in his

master, so my meshes are incompatible atm, so you have to wait for a compatible version.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i will fix those issues mentioned earlier, but i dont have alot of time, sometime next week i can fix them)

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ok :) but is there an invisible wall? :p

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have problems with ship textures and mushroom trees, but nobody else seems to have that problem.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey Guys My ini file misses a lot of content (the game starts with all settings on low). Anyone who could send me their .ini file please?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can not confirm but, I read somewhere that if you erase your ini file, Oblivion creates a new default one.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That's what I did, to break it :/ I think the problem is that my oblivion crashes everytime i exit the game, so it never gets to make a new .ini file. (EDIT: Update the .ini file. The .ini is created upon start-up) Therefore, I can either reinstall (which I would rather not do) or get someone elses .ini.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey :)

you should have a Oblivion_default.ini file in the oblivion game directory :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Which still has the wrong settings. I have a very powerful computer, and do not wish to play on "default" settings (as in the oblivion default ini) or low settings as in the .ini the game creates for me. The problem is i can't change the settings ingame, because whenever I hit "exit" ingame, the game crashes, and therefore doesn't save my new settings. :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah you got a point there :p i kinda forgot that :) but I had that problem too before... to fix that I used to disable all my mods... just to fix the video settings, then quit (It didn't crash at this point) and enable the mods again :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

can anyone give me a list of missing/purple meshes besides the west gash(eg. balmora) rocks?

and other problems? also textures that should be tweaked?

im in the process of fixing everything now.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora

Balmora was mostly jist texture pathing that was still set to Morrowind default in the nif.

Eg: \Textures\  and not \Textures\morro\x\ by changing these I found the textures, so mybe just check the pathing in the nif's is a good place to start, I'm not sure theyer missing more as in a different place now

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

For some reason the LandTexturesEsp hinders my game from even starting up. But besides that it looks beautiful. Any clue to what could be causing this?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've noticed the bars that hold up tapestries and the temple alters. (the alter in Wolverine Hall is entirely purple for me) 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)