Reconversion project of Oblivion to Skyrim using TES4Edit and TES5Edit
Pros:
- depends on Skyrim.esm, version control should work in CK. No errors in TES5Edit when checking for errors.
- has the same FormIDs as Oblivion, which allows to convert any plugins to Skyrim (if you have a permission from authors)
- lighting
- npcs
- working doors
- map markers
- placed sounds
- "Enable Parent" data in references
- quests (no dialogs atm, see below)
Cons:
- landscape textures are ruined. Oblivion allows 8 alpha layers per texture on landscape, Skyrim only 6. I had no other choice but to remove excess layers because CK was complaining with several MB error logs. Right now landscape is purple/black almost everywhere. Sorry, nothing I can do about it. Skyrim is less advanced than Oblivion in this case. Landscape should be repainted by hand I guess until someone knows solution.
- due to a HUGE size CK can't load it as esp and resave (like I did with Skywind), so this is not a "native" CK file in this sense. I don't know what consequences it might have in future, but currently EditorWarnings.txt only shows original errors from Oblivion.esm not caused by reconversion.
Some screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/LUG7H7M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IP51JEv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LFNmv4e.jpg
Some notes:
1) Dialogs are not converted for now because without conditions they'll appear on every npc even in Skyrim. Can be converted later.
2) I removed teleport data from TES4DAPeryiteDoorTEMPREF [REFR:0101ECC6], CK crashes otherwise without any error messages. Took me 8 hours to find that single faulty record out of 1.2 millions.
3) Cell names longer that 33 chars were truncated to calm CK. I've made a list so they can be renamed by hand more accurately in future.
4) In the current state reconversion master is much worse than available Skyblivion from andoran's converter. It is up to you to decide is it worth it. All I can say that after working for several days with all those records and content, I'm 99% sure that Skyblivion WILL NEVER BE FINISHED. It is just impossible. Right now Skyblivion master even without dialogs, AI packages, navmeshes and other stuff is bigger than Skyrim with all of its DLCs combined.
So my opinion is to close this project, and leave only the current one from SupremeEpicness for 4E Oblivion. At least that can be finished before TES6 is out. I'm not giving any links yet, want to hear your thoughts first.

































First thank you so much for
First thank you so much for working on it ;) The screenshots looks so great that I can't believe it won't be finished. There will probably be plenty of people to work on it, even if we don't have everything form the original game...