Hi guys,
I've seen this article (in French) today in my google news alert for Skyrim :
http://www.journaldugamer.com/2012/09/20/skyrim-morrowind-mod-skywind/
Maybe we can use this thread to list articles talking about Skywind ?
Hi guys,
I've seen this article (in French) today in my google news alert for Skyrim :
http://www.journaldugamer.com/2012/09/20/skyrim-morrowind-mod-skywind/
Maybe we can use this thread to list articles talking about Skywind ?
thermadorUm yeah. I love how no one reads the FAQ...
Please respect Bethesda's legal concerns and do not post or discuss Morroblivion on the Bethesda official forums, TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, other similar sites, social networking sites etc.
If we have to move the site to be hosted in Cuba (or some sketchy place) because the Zenimax legal people have our collective nuts in a vice, I'm going to be pissed.
Sigh.
The damage is already done. Nothing we can do now but sit back and wait...
@thermador I did read it and I do agree with it. I think the people that posted on there were not people really involved here... anyway...
@Thermador
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wasnt any of the forum members that posted it. I thought it was pretty much PCGamer caught wind of us, then published a story, and then every other media/gaming publication took PCGamer's story and published it. But it seems to have started with PCGamer.
Anyways, I guess that doesn't really matter anymore now. We should just keep doing what we're doing, and tell others not to post about Morroblivion or Skywind up on the modding sites.
Damn, now that I think about it, we might have screwed up with some people posting on Reddit and youtube and such. I kinda let that go (but I looking back I shoudn't have) since others did the same with Morroblivion, but it didn't get publicized nearly as much as this.
As long as no original assets from either Morrowind or Oblivion are hosted on this site, I don't think that anything can be done legally against you guys.
Bethesda would have to be VERY stupid not to know Skywind is happening by now.
I'd have thought that if they were going to get in touch, they would have by now.
Yep, or they are just biding their time and assembling a massive army of bloodthirsty vampires.... uh lawyers.
TBH I think Bethesda Studios themselves don't mind, in-fact I'd bet one of our volunteers is secretly one of them. (I'm looking at you, Eloth) :P
I bet Todd Howard plays the sh*t out of Morroblivion at home.
It's just Zenimax.
And we've adhered to their stipulations and I imagine the team will adhere to more should they arise.
We should be okay.
Somebody should probably ask them about the Oblivion stuff though. I'm almost sure that same issue isn't... well, an issue.
The stange thing,is that most big software houses use volunteers,I have been using computers and building them since way back in the late `70s,and have submitted a lot of work to now gone software outlets all for free,must have been mad back then,LOL.
malgarrothI bet Todd Howard plays the sh*t out of Morroblivion at home.
malgarrothI bet Todd Howard plays the sh*t out of Morroblivion at home.
Lol, I doubt that's what he's doing. More like:
You know. Rich guy stuff.
=| My idea is more fun and funny to picture though!
Also, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119724-Skywind-Mod-Jams-Morrowind-Into-Skyrim

wtf people honestly
Um yeah. I love how no one reads the FAQ...
If we have to move the site to be hosted in Cuba (or some sketchy place) because the Zenimax legal people have our collective nuts in a vice, I'm going to be pissed.
Sigh.