Skip to main content

OLD HUB

Submitted by stijmunkey on
Karma: 4 (4 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 27 Dec 2014 - 22:08.

My mother has no time for it - otherwise she's a good actress :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

EnvyDeveloper

My mother has no time for it - otherwise she's a good actress :)

Heh! I sorta found as long as I do all the exporting and filenaming and stuff, just recording some lines in bulk didn't take very long for her.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8rdtyu2ik7pfd7

So here you go guys. This archive contains all the unique dialogue for the first eight of the fifteen female altmer that need to be voiced.

I think she did okay, but whenever there was morrowind-specific wording I think it was very hard for her to remember the pronunciation and keep a vaguely conversational tone. Unlike EnvyDevelopers mother, mine has never acted in her life so you wont see too much of that here :P. She just kind of put on a posh voice and read what was in front of her. Some lines are great, some I know I personally would have done differently if I was pumped full of estrogen :P

Should you like this, I can have her do all the quest dialogue and misc lines pretty quickly. The shared lines probably wouldn't happen for a while - at least not before I've done them for the males and we have it functioning nicely. But I think she'd be happy to do it all.

 

Thoughts? (If it's a 'no' don't worry I can let her down gently)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i liked it :) she also have a perfect voice for wood elfs if she can do a more neutral accent :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow, nice, realistic and clean. I like it :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Perhaps it's just because I played a few random samplings, but I didn't notice any problems at all associated with those difficult-to-pronounce Dunmer place names. All in all she did a great job! :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to let her know that you liked it. I just got contributor status, so I had a talk about the voices in the public chat room a few hours ago.

I'll go ahead and do the rest of the lines, but we're going to try and keep the accent as consistent as possible and with a bit of variation between characters in future. If anyone has extra thoughts on how we can improve for the next batch, let me know now so we can implement them tomorrow! :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Barradin

EnvyDeveloper

My mother has no time for it - otherwise she's a good actress :)

Heh! I sorta found as long as I do all the exporting and filenaming and stuff, just recording some lines in bulk didn't take very long for her.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8rdtyu2ik7pfd7

So here you go guys. I know there's a good chance you won't want to use any of the lines, but we made a fair amount anyway. In the event you do want to use them, this archive contains all the unique dialogue for the first eight of the fifteen female altmer that need to be voiced.

I think she did okay, but whenever there was morrowind-specific wording I think it was very hard for her to remember the pronunciation and keep a vaguely conversational tone. Unlike EnvyDevelopers mother, mine has never acted in her life so you wont see too much of that here :P. She just kind of put on a posh voice and read what was in front of her. Some lines are great, some I know I personally would have done differently if I was pumped full of estrogen :P

Should you like this, I can have her do all the quest dialogue and misc lines pretty quickly. The shared lines probably wouldn't happen for a while - at least not before I've done them for the males and we have it functioning nicely. But I think she'd be happy to do it all.

 

Thoughts? (If it's a 'no' don't worry I can let her down gently)

 

Omg I love it, tell her that we love it. Because she is awesome O_O!

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Barradin

Thoughts? (If it's a 'no' don't worry I can let her down gently)

Dude i finally got home and gave these a listen, are you fu@#ing kidding me! These are great! (pardon my french lol) but these are amazing good quality good tones and "acting" and screw it keep the accent morrowind is supposed to feel alien and forighn we dont need all friggen american accents, Get those recorded Proper and send em over :D Great Job and let you mom know that was awesome!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ha, Barradins Mum, got it going on....

Brilliant voice acting. The accent is quite noticeable however, how many parts was she going to do? I'd notice her every time she was doing a voice.

Maybe for Altmer she could speak in a more higher English tone, not queens English but you know they way that the Altmer look down on everyone.

Very entertaining that she could say the Tamriel names, she must be thinking "how the hell do I say that!?".

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Or "What the hell is my child playing!?" :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

She was thinking it. The whole time I was sat next to her and we were trying to go through sylable for sylable how to say each word. In particular the line ''I'm one of the only High elves in balmora, the others are Narlcya the alchemist, imare, etc, etc'' was hell to do.

We'll try to get her to look down a bit on people more for the next batch ^^.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

High elves in balmora, the others are Narlcya the alchemist, imare, etc, etc'' was hell to do.

Ha ha, that was the line that I thought wooah, I don't know the names, and she was just rattling them out like shed lived in Nirn all her life :)

Make sure that you tell her that we love the fact that she is doing this for us!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi guys, I'm very interested in this mod and I'm thinking of throwing up a few samples for you guys (if I can figure out how), my mic isn't that good but I'm thinking of buying a better one soon.

 

Ps. I don't know what voices are still available to voice, so I'd appreciate if someone could throw in a suggestion, I'm English if that helps.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There's still a lot on the table. I'd say just pick any character you like first that you think you fit well and give us a link to it.

 

Edit:

In other news, we've now recorded all of the female altmer unique lines as well as all the misc sounds.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i could help with voice acting

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Marco808

i could help with voice acting

 

Just get the spreadsheet from the second post pick a character try a few lines and post them up here
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i think i can help with makeing npcs to

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

oh by the way my mic is not that good just wanted to say it

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Jay

Hi guys, I've tried a few voices, please give me honest feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0izy21k9c0v2jnz

http://www.mediafire.com/?phfarmk5zz6on7a

http://www.mediafire.com/?696xomkcgoquziy

http://www.mediafire.com/?s858m8b5hbpoosw

I know my microphone kind of sucks.

yup mic is bad lol if you could clean up the pop sounds and clean the audio a bit it wouldnt be too bad, the voice however is goo i like the second and third sample, maybe for a redgaurd or something

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

from what i hear you can do argonian voices :) maybe also orc voices :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks! Of course, those were just samples, they weren't intended to be final versions.

Also where do you think I could I get a decent microphone? I did all I could in audacity to remove the noise. You mentioned something about  a recording interface on the first page, how much does that improve the recording quality?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

what country do you live in? here is a list of usb mics from uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/usb%20microphone/products

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sometimes its not just the microphone. Head to your microphone settings in windows. (right click the speaker icon in the bottom right - choose ''recording devices'' - and then right click your microphone and click ''properties'')

Then have a look at the 'levels' tab. If there is a slider for 'microphone boost' turn it completely off. This will reduce the volume of your recording, so make sure you get close and enunciate, but it will remove a LOT of static, especially if you have it set to a stupidly high level.

If it's too quiet with boost turned off then consider turning it up just a touch. Find the middle ground.

And don't talk INTO your mic, talk to the side of it. This will stop most pops without needing a filter. If its on a headset then make sure it's somewhere below or near your chin, or on or above your nose.

Even with the sh*tiest microphones you should be able to get a good sound by following that.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I redid Sample 3, it should sound a lot clearer now, thanks to Barradin's tips!

It is in-fact dialogue from Zabamund the Dark Elf, I did a cockney accent because that's how a lot of them sounded in Skyrim, I don't know if that's what you want since this is Morrowind and not Skyrim.

 

http://www.mediafire.com/?ct6a68d2ib3jo61

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The Morrowind Dark Elf style of voice is most definitely wanted, as has been discussed thoroughly in this thread (admittedly though, this thread is probably the fastest growing on the site. I regularly see 7 new posts every day). The Skyrim Dark Elf voice is almost universally hated by players of Morrowind.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Aha, okay then, I guess that's not the right voice for him then.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

try to do argonians and orcs

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is it a desktop mic or a headset? If it's a dekstop mic you should get a thin sock or some tights and stretch them out infront of the microphone (but not touching it). Then speak through that! You're still having a few small pops. As long as you know what you're listening for, you can fine tune it by hand.

Either that, or move back away from the mic a bit. You have plenty of volume and body there, so you could get away a bit more for sure.

Lastly, that might not be static we're hearing anymore - how loud is your PC? If it's the fans, then you could either:

1. Go back to the levels tab and lower the 'volume' level this time (not the boost). This will reduce the amount of extra sound it picks up in the room.

2. Download speedfan http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php . Then just when you're recording turn the fans right down/off. Very simple to do and I know it helped me.

3. Have you tried audacity noise removal? It's also really easy to do and it doesn't sound to me like you've done it yet.

With all a combo of those, or all three, I think you'll have a great sound.

For the record I loved the voice :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@Barradin

It is a headset, and it already has a little foam thing around the microphone but I will try putting a sock over it like you said. I have already removed the noise using audacity, I could try going through that dialogue piece again and see what might be the problem. I know that the pops and clicks are present, but I don't know how I would go about removing them (In audacity).

-By the way you did listen to my redo of Sample 3? Just checking.

 

Thanks for your good advice Barradin, also Eloth, I may try doing an Argonian voice later today, I have tried looking for dialogue for any Argonian using the Excel spreadhseet but can't find any! I could only find one with a very short line of dialogue so I might have to make something up.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So, I have a question:

My computer makes alot of noise and you can hear it a bit on the background. could you listen to some of my recordings to listen if it's a hindrance? I just came up thinking about listening to my recording material making sure there weren't any chairs moving in the background lol. Whilst recording yesterday evening I noticed a kind of light buzzing sound in the background of my recordings. I think it could be me, I mean, I WAS focusing on the buzzy sound and I guess it somehow could work like when you hear the freaking noises all around your house when you can't sleep :p

I'm not at home at the moment so I'll drop some links in here as soon as I'm home again ;)

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

</span>Ghalithegreat<span style="font-size: 1em; line-height: 1.5;">

So, I have a question:

My computer makes alot of noise and you can hear it a bit on the background. could you listen to some of my recordings to listen if it's a hindrance? I just came up thinking about listening to my recording material making sure there weren't any chairs moving in the background lol. Whilst recording yesterday evening I noticed a kind of light buzzing sound in the background of my recordings. I think it could be me, I mean, I WAS focusing on the buzzy sound and I guess it somehow could work like when you hear the freaking noises all around your house when you can't sleep :p

I'm not at home at the moment so I'll drop some links in here as soon as I'm home again ;)

 

 

Ghalithegreat, I believe there is a way to reduce background noise in Audacity if it is bothering you.  If I remember correctly you go to the dropdown entitled 'effects' and add 'Noise Removal.' Hope that helps :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey guys, just saying hi that I'm not dead. I work seasonally(tourist trap) and the beginning of the year is always hectic.

anyway I'm still alive and doing some voice, I will get the remaining voices that I have been asigned and then some random ones here in the next few days. also my sister is coming and she wants to help. I will try my hand at the dark elfs as well but no promises(cautiously optomistic)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Awesome! Good to know your alive lol what about some cool morrowind music?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

everything extra has been put on hold getting the theater together the last month, just to much on the plate (even some regular guitar/piano/violin practice has been pushed back, I got a few books that are glowering at me as we speak) but all that's done so now I can get on with my projects!

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sounds good, take your time!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Could work. One guy at Bethsoft forums said that he wanted to do voice work for anything Morrowind related so I PMed him and linked to this thread :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I may try to record a line for Baladas_Demnevanni, if people like it I might go on and do the rest.

Just found him to be an interesting fellow with some potential for some character in his dialouge.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey just letting you guys know im still alive, just moved into my new apartment in OKC and im getting internet tomorrow so ill be finishing up those daedric/ dremora characters within the month!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

sorry guys my laptop keeps breaking on me so i wont be able to help with anything for a while but i can comment still with my parents computers so sad sad

Edit i was even starting to get good with blender and im an expert with ck ah well :( 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Symphoneum

Ghalithegreat, I believe there is a way to reduce background noise in Audacity if it is bothering you.  If I remember correctly you go to the dropdown entitled 'effects' and add 'Noise Removal.' Hope that helps :)

Ah, nice! hadn't thought about that one :P

I does work. time to do it all over again! :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I find that NCH Wavepad Audio Editor has the best total noise removal. It has a premium version, but the free version still has the noise removal.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just here to let everyone know I'm not dead.

But I might be after finals week :s

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sounds good but i can hear some staic noises in the background

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Tan

Here's a sample of my voice, saying some random things and then reading a book from Morrowind.

https://soundcloud.com/thynar/thetruenoblecode

Sounds quite good for any of the human races, but as mentioned there is some static background noise if you can clean the up then I think we're in business
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

stijmunkey Sounds quite good for any of the human races, but as mentioned there is some static background noise if you can clean the up then I think we're in business

Tan

Here's a sample of my voice, saying some random things and then reading a book from Morrowind.

https://soundcloud.com/thynar/thetruenoblecode

I gotcha bro, try this: Noise Reduction

 
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Static and background noise are a problem for recording in general, you can try to stifle the sound but that in turns causes it's own problems (for instance, the static is being recorded not only in the background but your voice as well, if you try to remove it you can take away from the fidelity of your voice, at first it might not seem big but when you put a filter or increase/decrease the volume to promote your voice you start expanding the problem).

the best bet is just figuring out what is causing it to begin with, that will truly give you the best results. I don't know your set up but it seems like you have a +dB, impedance imbalance or gain/master problem. it can feel like mad science but it's in your best interest to figure it out.

I would try setting your gain lower and upping your output level at first. the gain is your mic taking in everything while output is the amp amplifying the signal.  also if you are like me you have both a pre mic amp and an audio device and both have master outputs, if thats the case only use the master output of your pro/preamp and leave the device master at neutral.

if you have any questions feel free to ask

also pop filter, everyone should have a pop filtercheeky you can make one for 5 bucks

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

^^^^^ Listen to this man!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)