Skip to main content

OLD HUB

Submitted by stijmunkey on
Karma: 4 (4 votes)
Last edited by grumpycat on 27 Dec 2014 - 22:08.

UPDATE: Sanna has created a new sheet with more voice lines in it.  I'm not sure what this is for, but here it is.  Note all the tabs at the bottom - it appears that the voiced lines have been divided up by gender and race.  You may find this easier than the spreadsheet below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah0S9POJSxbodFVyeURZZFd2bS0xenZySUNwX0Y4bEE&usp=sharing

 

Otherwise, read on.

Here is the latest version of my dialogue spreadsheet.

This includes:

  • all dialogue that is unique to one NPC - 22,084 lines
  • a very fancy filtering system that automatically creates UESP links for NPCs and Quests (if you use those filters)

There is some missing dialogue for generic stuff, such as greetings that multiple NPCs say.

boring details

Generic dialogue that applies to more than one NPC, is difficult to extract from the construction set (although it can be done with Quest -> Export Quest Dialogue) and yield results that are useful.  If you want to do it manually in the CS, you can use the filtered dialogue tool and check the results from the CS against the spreadsheet and see if you're missing anything important.

If, at some point, all of that dialogue gets good voice acting, then maybe we can figure out how to handle all of the multi-NPC lines.  Those 7,928 lines are on a separate page, but there just isn't good data on WHAT lines would need to be recorded - what races and what genders for each line - for each of these lines.  For example, those 7,928 lines could turn out to be A LOT more actual lines of recording, depending on how many different versions of each line need to be recorded to cover the races and sexes.

Use the drop-down green boxes to filter the dialogue by NPC, Quest, etc.  There are columns to the right for the file name for each line.  For further information, check out this tutorial for voicing a mod for Skyrim.

Using the spreadsheet should be obvious, but here is a picture example for how to find the dialogue lines for Caius Cosades during the Antabolis quest.

click to expand dialogue spreadsheet tutorial

Select the first filter.  In this example, we want to find an NPC by name, so we select "NPC Name".

In the box to the right, pick what NPC you are looking for (the contents of this drop down will change if you picked something else for the first box).

Then we filter the list again with the second set of options to get it to something smaller.  (You don't have to use a second filter - if you only want to use one filter, just set the second filter to the same as the first filter.)

Selecting Quest Name:

Selecting the "Antabolis Informant" quest:

What you see highlighted below is the NPC's response when you ask him about "Orders".  (Depending on what you've done in the quest, the NPC may have multiple responses - notice that if you ask him about "Orders" and you've killed Antabolis, he gets mad.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dialogue Excel Sheet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can download the Excel sheet below.  The first one (.xlsx) is the best.  If you don't have Excel 2007 or newer, then get the second one (.xls).  If you have Open Office or Libre Office, try any of them, but the last version (.ods) may work the best.  Or not.

Attachments

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

Sweet! I'm glad to see someone is taking up where Sot left off! Thanks and good luck Arshak!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Maybe you should have the 'assigned' people confirm they're still working on the project, because I think they volunteered quite a while ago.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah anything that hasn't been completed should be open. The ones that are 'assigned' have been that way for... probably a year?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is the plan for this to voice every single line so there's no need for text?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I would like to volunteer for doing some of the voices. I'll post a sample in a bit, then just tell me if im suitable of not :-p. 

 

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/-bLygeSu/dark_elf.html

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/-rNhNW3C/huleeya.html

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/fz70NfZS/orc.html

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/vJ1ti0kv/redguard.html

I dont have oblivion anymore or skyrim (never played skyrim) but i like doing voices. I tried to approximate from youtube vids and from memory what they sound like. Used the excel table thermador provided for the lines.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

zak,you are really good!,those mpg3 files sound really close to what the character sounds like,the Orc is great and also the Dark Elf.

If you can follow the instructions in the first post then I quess you could be assigned to any of the uncompleted NPC`s.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wow zaf, so professional!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If id do voices for this, i wont really be able to follow the procedure exactly as i dont have the game anymore (and my current laptop isnt really game worthy :-p). The best i could do is name each line-wav properly :-/ .

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If id do voices for this, i wont really be able to follow the procedure exactly as i dont have the game anymore (and my current laptop isnt really game worthy ). The best i could do is name each line-wav properly :-/ .

I don't think this would be a problem - anyone can place voicefiles ingame, the hard part is the actual voiceacting. And judjing by the samples, you're really good at it. :)

Also on topic of voice acting - there were some voice addons for Morrowind: for Vivec, Dagoth Ur and Dagoth Gares. Currently only the one for Dagoth Ur is used in Morroblivion.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yea i tried to seek permission for those morrowind voicing mods a while back but never got a response. Do you think we could use them anyway and give credit for them, they are good quality.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

 

Searched youtube. Do you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0babZUEGGhE

If its not allowed to use that maybe i can do it. I tried to make mine sound close to the original dagoth ur voice. There is pitch manipulation and reverb because there is no way i can do that naturally (Jeff Baker the original voice is a magical man), so its artificial and kind of cheating and it makes me feel bad but i think overall it is more faithful to morrowinds dagoth ur. 

http://soundcloud.com/zafrullah-masahud-jr/dagoth-ur

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You've probably misunderstood me, Dagoth Ur dialogue is already there, all voiced.

Oh, I just realised that this topic is in Skywind forums, not Morroblivion. :D But I guess voice acting is pretty much universal anyway.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I underestimated the number of lines Master Aryon had, but I have completed his dialogue; though as yet unconverted. I don't think the sound quality is sufficient, so I will likely redo it and purchase a microphone for the task, but I was just hoping that someone could tell me whether or not I was going in the right direction.

I'd also like to take on Bolvyn Venim; just so that I can complete a less "dialogue intense" NPC to make sure I can get the appropriate sound quality; as I have to voice all the dialogue for a character in one session, lest I lose the voice, I'd like to avoid producing poor quality work for Ayron in the future. I am, however, still committed to voicing Ayron by January.

Rapidshare Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/176957605/Aryon.rar

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Firstly...Zaf, holy crap you need to voice as much as you possibly can. All those examples were simply amazing. o_o

JFD: I thought the voice overs were really good, although the quality of the files themselves could be better. But your voice is nice! If you're seeking perfection, I'd tell you to keep it a little more "flat" or "dragging". Hard to define really. But I think it's a nice unique dumner voice that still fits the original ones and blends well! So I think you did a great job. :)

I already volunteered in the Morroblivion voice acting thread and I'm still up for it. I posted a few voices there, but I don't think they're that great. Then again, I feel like we really need female voice actors...I mean, actresses. ;) So I feel like we sadly don't really have the option to be picky... :S So far it seems like I'm the only female voice actress candidate? Or? I'd be willing to voice anything my voice suits. I'm still an amateur though and I haven't really tried doing some harder races seriously. Maybe I should, I guess I can distort my voice quite much if I want to.

But seriously, my boyfriend tells me I should become an anime voice actress since I'm awsome at making all these very childlike happy voices as well as imitating accents perfectly. But sadly that's really of no help for voicing something like Morrowind. x)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I decided I'm going to give a few characters a try, working on M'aiq the Liar right now because it seems fun.  If what comes out is good, point me to other characters you'd like me to do.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

qwertyasdfgh

You've probably misunderstood me, Dagoth Ur dialogue is already there, all voiced.

Oh, I just realised that this topic is in Skywind forums, not Morroblivion. :D But I guess voice acting is pretty much universal anyway.


Well the topic does say 'Skywind/Morroblivion voice acting' =p
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I know someone has already been assigned Dagoth Gares, but I thought it would be fun to try.  Thoughts? http://www.mediafire.com/?b251szda60rthhg

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

arios,those recordings sound good to me.if you know what any other characters sound like,imo you could try any of the uncompleted voices,but can`t speak for the others guys just giving my opinion.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This file includes Dagoth Gares, M'aiq the Liar, Barnand Erelie and Daric Bielle http://www.mediafire.com/?nx0552ekdjamvbo

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I might be able to pick up some characters. I have a dark, deep bass voice if you need one of those.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

New user here - want to do something to help out this project, but I can't do anything involving coding, so voice acting it is. I could probably take a stab at generic breton NPC, if it'd help.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey guys, this isn't really my specialty, but I think you only need to pick a character that you want to do, and then record some sample lines from their dialogue.  Upload those, and if we say they sound good, then finish the rest of the character's dialogue and upload that.  All the while following the instructions given in the first post.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Haven't heard off myself but I'm working slow but steady at the moment I've compleated voicing the following:

Foryn Gilnith
Han-Ammu
Bolvyn Venim
Orvas Dren
Vorar Helas

(I wasn't originally going to voice Bolvyn Venim but I forgot to remove him from my list of "people to voice" so I accidently voiced him too.)
Varvur Sarethi is in the work and I'll get to Dram Bero and Gothren in time.

Another example of when I tried blending an accent with the "neutral" dunmer voice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzqridqoebk7wge/hortator.wav

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just a quick question, is there a guideline for certain words that tend to be pronounced differently by voice actors?

Even the word "Dunmer" is pronounced several different ways when speaking to people.  I was just curious if there was a go-to set of pronunciations that we could use.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No idea what's going on in this thread, or what happened to the leader, but perhaps this can help a bit.
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/forum.php
http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi
Basically two professional voice actor forums, you just gotta tell them it isn't anime related. =p

I got the links from this guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuuDA8iGD4&list=PLAA70B463FD87AABE&index=2

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I would like to get a list of who has been voiced so I can see who I can voice.

 

edit: if possible, I can do Yagrum Bagarn​ someone nothing as I do not have a good enough mic setup for doing anything useful...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah Arshak gave up on this project.  So it is open to whoever wants to continue working on it.

Really, we just need someone with:

  1. A good microphone, pop filter and computer to record with
  2. A lot of friends who are actors / acting students / theatre majors etc. so they will sound decent

Honestly, a high school drama club with at least 20 members could probably knock out all of the voice acting for this project in a few weekends / club meetings. 

Anyone know any drama teachers who are also gamers and would give their students extra credit for doing voice acting?

Just download the excel file, figure out how you want to organize the roles, print out the sheets, and assign them to students.  Have them come into the recording booth, say all the lines, and send us the files.  Done.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well I did act for a while in High School. I guess I could "try" some lines. But go to Voice Alliance it's where you can request voice actors. May I also ask.. Are we reusing voice from oblivion as repetitive it may be?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thermador, that is actually a PERFECT idea. I'll see what I can do at my college. A lot of us are college students here, I'm sure we could get in contact with an acting group at our schools.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does this work with the mod that adds the original Morrowind greetings and combat sounds? Or does it cause a conflict?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

How about hiring voice over artist on fiverr.com? 5$ per minute. There are some pretty awesome imitators that could do realistic voices. I would be prepared to chip in and I am sure others are prepared to do the same. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

5 dollars is quite a bit =p. Anyway, I think we should make a thread on the voice actor forums. If someone is willing to write up a fancy forum post, I'd be willing to post it.

As for leadership, if the leader doesn't have to voice act, I guess I can do it. I can always ask a few of the Skywind team members to help out anyway. Who says the leader has to be one guy? =p Plus with multiple leaders, I can always have a second or third opinion on the voiced dialog.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi, I have a friend who like me, is quite interested in voice acting. We have worked together previously on another Skyrim mod called Cerwiden - SMART Healer - 

We are bother VERY interested in this mod and since we are both fans of the Elder Scrolls series we have a good idea of what is expected for the characters voices.

I am personally very interested in voicing Yagrum Bagarn specifically. I'm happy of course to do any other characters also. But that should exclude female characters seeing as my friend and I are both guys :P

Get back to me as soon as you can about this! :D

~Jums

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, I remember doing Dagoth Gares in the past. I have also sent it, but it seems it was never united with the game. I have looked through my files and found a rar file named Dagoth Gares, being the best canditate for a complete work. I can't test it myself for I don't have and intalled Morroblivion on my computer. If this does not work, you can erase my name from the list, because I will not be able work this project for at least 5-6 months.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0gmx80cpgsuftob

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Haven't heard off myself but I'm working slow but steady at the moment I've compleated voicing the following:

Foryn Gilnith
Han-Ammu
Bolvyn Venim
Orvas Dren
Vorar Helas

(I wasn't originally going to voice Bolvyn Venim but I forgot to remove him from my list of "people to voice" so I accidently voiced him too.)
Varvur Sarethi is in the work and I'll get to Dram Bero and Gothren in time.

Another example of when I tried blending an accent with the "neutral" dunmer voice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzqridqoebk7wge/hortator.wav

Wow finally a dunmer voiceover that is worthy of using! Great voice :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

So is anybody integrating the new VO's posted here since the last update?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just to keep you informed, I am still very interested in doing some of the voices. Real life has been a royal pain recently as I now have time to do the voices. I originally wanted to voice some Orcs, but at your mention I would be more suited for a Dunmer I have been thinking about it and I have 2 options of voice that I would like your opinion on, if that's okay?

http://www.mediafire.com/?c1qg52kkm5pqarj (version 1)

http://www.mediafire.com/?k66e3asn58hizx8 (version 2)

Once I know which you would prefer, I can start doing the recordings properly. Sorry again for the delay in this post.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi i just wanted to know if this section was still active and if so if the main character list was updated so that i can choose one.

Thanks^^

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Greetings! Re: post #38

I'm not anyone of stature in this project, but I thought the second file was more true to character. The way you pronounce the "R" as "ahh" at the end of the second file was more appropriate, in my mind, as compared to the "arr" at the end of the first.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Foryn Gilnith, Han-Ammu, Bolvyn Venim, Orvas Dren, Vorar Helas are all completed by Cor Angars

Dagoth Gares, M'aiq the Liar, Barnand Erelie, Daric Bielle are completed by arios1570

if someone could update the main post with those that would be great

Im kind of rebooting this thread so if your interested in doing some voices and posted earlier but got no reply i would ask that you do as shadow suggested just pick someone you would like to do that isnt already done or assigned in the first post upload a sample and if its not horrible(i dont think were too picky at this point) then we'll get you assigned to said person, that goes for newcomers aswell just download thermador's spreadsheet which is amazing by the way and pick a character, if josie or zaf is still interested please just upload some sample so we can get you started, same with faelar braegen just pick a character or even the generic dunmer and start recording! there was only one reply on which version of yours is liked better so i guess go with your second version, if your still active that is.

If JFD is still active(please reply) can the OP be updated assigning him to Ayron and Bolvyn Venim

Other than that im going to assume all other already assigned characters other than the ones i mentioned above are abandoned so if i can get the OP updated taking their names off that would be great if you havent abandoned a character just throw up a post and we'll get your name back on.

Thats it for now if some of the people who volunteered in this thread but were'nt assigned a character dont reply fairly soon ill pm or email them and see if they are still interested

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Actually arios1570 if its possible can i get you to re-upload your file

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Also can i get the op updated to just reply in this thread if interested in helping or pm me instead of Arshak

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I updated the OP as to your instructions.  I also think I changed it so you are able to edit it as if it were your own post too.  Let me know if it works.

Oh, by the way, I think it could use some overhauling.  It looks too complex for the average user, and seems like it has a bit of useless clutter too.

Edit:  May I suggest that you give Cor Angars a PM as well?  I just listened to his sample, and I am STUNNED.  That acting is brilliant.  It would be great if he could do a few more voices.  Or if not, it would be good if he could at least upload what he has so far.

If anyone here wants to voice Dunmer, that is what it should sound like.  I seriously would not hesitate to put that quality of voicework in the main mod.

Also, perhaps the Oblivion instructions should be changed and updated for Skyrim?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

hmmm well it comes up as my post now but it doesnt give me the option to edit it, when i have a little more time i guess i could take what i need from the op and start a new thread? but for now ill leave it maybe you can figure out a way for me to edit the op

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That's too bad, maybe Thermador could fix that for you.

Oh, and sorry that I keep thinking of more things, but the current voicework also needs to be updated to work in Skywind.  Digital is currently working on converting over quests, and we could very well have the Main quest, plus some faction questlines done by next release and ready for voiceacting.

Also, perhaps you should run some quality control on the old voicework and new submissions to make sure it is up to a high standard.  If it isn't it should be replaced.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

will do, im in the proccess of getting all the voice files downloaded and going through them

In light of the new quest converting status ill push for any newcomers to pick characters from the main questline and hopefully we can get that section done first

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm just hoping we get a lot of talented Dunmer voiceactors.  I love listening to voices that sound like that.

Okay, awesome.  Make sure to keep everyone posted!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thank-you for selecting a voice for me to do. I shall start recording straight away. Hopefully I won't make you wait too long until you get the completed file. I will be voicing the generic Dunmer, if that is okay.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Great faeler can I get someone to update the op I still can't edit it, assign faeler to the shared dunmer lines
Karma: 0 (0 votes)