none of them work for
none of them work for skywind. normal?
LASentry wrote:none of them
LASentryIf you start a new game and go through the chargen and have the skywind voice download installed and the skywindvoicetypes. Esp checked then a few people should work Fargoth and Caius being the main ones, but their quests have to be activated hence going through the chargennone of them work for skywind. normal?
Socucius Ergalla
So I noticed that Socucius Ergalla wasn't on the list (assigned or unassigned). Are you guys using the vanilla Morrowind voice? If so, what are you doing about the Death of a Taxman quest, in which there is no voice acting?
I'd be willing to try for the part, but it may be a while, as I need to get access to a better mic than my shitty headset one. :P (I think my friend might have one...)
Twisted Logic wrote: So I
Twisted LogicSo I noticed that Socucius Ergalla wasn't on the list (assigned or unassigned). Are you guys using the vanilla Morrowind voice? If so, what are you doing about the Death of a Taxman quest, in which there is no voice acting?
I'd be willing to try for the part, but it may be a while, as I need to get access to a better mic than my shitty headset one. :P (I think my friend might have one...)
yes he is availiable, you can find all his lines in the spreadsheet in the second post of the thread, then just throw up some samples whenever your ready
Missing Lines
As for the few missing lines in the youtube video with Caius, I had a little bit of time and did them. The first and the last were actually already completed and saved as
"fbmwMQ01_1ReportStoSCaiusSCosades_00aa51a2_1"
and
"fbmwMQ01_1ReportStoSCaiusSCosades_00aa519d_1"
but I included those and recorded the other missing ones too. So here ya go!
I just saved them as wav right now because I'm not sure about conversions and filenames and what-not.
Attachments
i decided to try my hand at
i decided to try my hand at darkelf voice acting cause i was bored, what do you think?
Attachments
Stijmunkey
Hey stijmonkey will you email me i have some questions about this and I can't sort through all this forum stuff. My email is my username plus at g mail dot com
Wow Alex not bad at all maybe
Hello again! So I read the
Hello again!
So I read the suggestions I received and tried to make Ra'Virr sound a bit less monotone. I also tried to put some more rolling r's in there. So, without further ado, here's Ra'Virr (again):
http://www.mediafire.com/?3heg21p449o38nb
Once again, mic quality is not the best, the purpose of this is to see if my voice is suitable. Suggestions & tips are most welcome!
your voice is suitable, nice
your voice is suitable, nice :) but the mic is very bad, and when you get a new one, try to lower the pitch(make voice sound older/darker) either by your own voice, or by software
What eloth said, I didn't
Audio Noise
You people know how to remove the static from audio recordings right?
hikick8 wrote:You people
hikick8You people know how to remove the static from audio recordings right?
one of the simple ways is posted in the tutorial in the op and in the tutorial video in the op
Very good then, carry on
Very good then, carry on :)
I hope it's not to late to do
I hope it's not to late to do some voice acting, would be fun! If I can trust the main post there are some Main Quest Characters left?
eloth wrote: your voice is
elothyour voice is suitable, nice :) but the mic is very bad, and when you get a new one, try to lower the pitch(make voice sound older/darker) either by your own voice, or by software
Thanks for the tip, and I'll try that. My voice is normally fairly low anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem making the voice darker.
Terzom wrote:I hope it's not
TerzomYup but they are all dunmer, we're very specific about that that one, so post up some samples and see how you do!I hope it's not to late to do some voice acting, would be fun! If I can trust the main post there are some Main Quest Characters left?
I was thinking about
I was thinking about something, shouldn't Vivec have his own voicetype? His voice is unique after all.
Cor Angars wrote:I was
Cor AngarsYa he and daedric princes ect will probably end up getting their own voicetypesI was thinking about something, shouldn't Vivec have his own voicetype? His voice is unique after all.
Voice
I have just gotten myself a new microphone and have some time off of work while they are trying to find me some hours, so tomorrow I will be doing a nice long recording session. So I am hoping to send you my first character voiced by tomorrow evening, Wednesday by the latest.
Faelar Braegen wrote: I have
Faelar BraegenI have just gotten myself a new microphone and have some time off of work while they are trying to find me some hours, so tomorrow I will be doing a nice long recording session. So I am hoping to send you my first character voiced by tomorrow evening, Wednesday by the latest.
Cool!
Progress
Okay, I have been going through the Dunmber that I originally started with the voice that I am able to currently pull off. Tomorrow I will continue where I left off, which is the Morrowind Lore section. I know I asked this before, but just want to double check, for the recording are we only recording the "Topic" tab, or the "Voice", "Greetings", "Persuasion" and "Journal" tabs too?
Faelar Braegen wrote: Okay, I
Faelar BraegenOkay, I have been going through the Dunmber that I originally started with the voice that I am able to currently pull off. Tomorrow I will continue where I left off, which is the Morrowind Lore section. I know I asked this before, but just want to double check, for the recording are we only recording the "Topic" tab, or the "Voice", "Greetings", "Persuasion" and "Journal" tabs too?
Are you using the cs? Id do everything but the journal
Topics
The TES Construction Set, yes. So do it all but don't do the Journal? Thank-you. Will have it done as quickly as possible.
Well I would download the
Well I would download the excel file on post #2 if I were you because some of the dialogue has been removed/added/altered and mainly cut into several pieces so it will save a lot of trouble later on.
i Agree it is a little hassle
i Agree it is a little hassle to get used to but it is reallly a lot easier once you do, and it will save me some hassle a little later on, and you from recording stuff we cant use, never even thought of that thanks cor
Excel
I shall try and download the file then, but just reading the tutorial is a little confusing, but I will see what I can do. Hopefully I will get the hang of it easily, if not, I will ask for some help on here.
Right I thought I'd give a
Right I thought I'd give a Dunmer voice a go, considering I've been told I have a very deep husky voice...think Worf crossed with Clint Eastwood.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1vwmz6hbHGPdWJlRHE4ZXFWSVE/edit?usp=sharing
Let me know if you think I'd be suitable?
^^^ Bahahaha it's perfect lol
get to de choppa
i could make some Nord voices as i'm legendary in the Terminator voice and i could throw some other races in too?
Excel
I have downloaded all 3 of the dialogue files, but none of them seem to open for me. I was trying all of yesterday and was unable to do any recording because of it. So I will have to continue using the CS I am afraid. I will do all the recordings apart from the Journal. I hope this won't cause you too many problems.
Faelar Braegen wrote:I have
Faelar BraegenShould be okay, if you are missing anything when you are done I can just send you the missing stuff to record, what were you using to open it, weird that it won't work exel or open office works for meI have downloaded all 3 of the dialogue files, but none of them seem to open for me. I was trying all of yesterday and was unable to do any recording because of it. So I will have to continue using the CS I am afraid. I will do all the recordings apart from the Journal. I hope this won't cause you too many problems.
I tried both Excel and Open
I tried both Excel and Open Office. I don't mind you sending me additional bits afterwards. Had I known that it wouldn't work I could have sent you a complete character by now. Shouldn't be long now though.
I'm in no rush sounds good to
My Dunmer voice
So, Sheepdog found me on Youtube and directed me here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdshJu5bTQ&lc=gynrrOiE6XHTWw-yyz1fefU5_Cy5cHmhN-XgneroXhs - Here's a sample of my voice. I think I sound pretty similar to Jeff Baker's original Dunmers, a bit less badass though :P
what do you think of the quality of the recording? Is it clear enough? My recording device is pretty bad (5 euro headset :P)
There's also the matter of my accent, I'm Polish so some of my countrymen including me can hear that English is not my native language. I wonder what people that never heard Polish accent think? If I get lines to read I can improve it of course.
Dragomir wrote: So, Sheepdog
DragomirSo, Sheepdog found me on Youtube and directed me here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdshJu5bTQ&lc=gynrrOiE6XHTWw-yyz1fefU5_Cy5cHmhN-XgneroXhs - Here's a sample of my voice.
what do you think of the quality of the recording? Is it clear enough? My recording device is pretty bad (5 euro headset :P)
There's also the matter of my accent, I'm Polish so some of my countrymen including me can hear that English is not my native language. I wonder what people that never heard Polish accent think? If I get lines to read I can improve it of course.
Approval
DragomirSo, Sheepdog found me on Youtube and directed me here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdshJu5bTQ&lc=gynrrOiE6XHTWw-yyz1fefU5_Cy5cHmhN-XgneroXhs - Here's a sample of my voice. I think I sound pretty similar to Jeff Baker's original Dunmers, a bit less badass though :P
what do you think of the quality of the recording? Is it clear enough? My recording device is pretty bad (5 euro headset :P)
There's also the matter of my accent, I'm Polish so some of my countrymen including me can hear that English is not my native language. I wonder what people that never heard Polish accent think? If I get lines to read I can improve it of course.
Perfect for Dunmer, nice and coarse yet not too raspy. :)
very very nice, download the
very very nice, download the spreadsheet from the second post of this thread and pick a main quest character who isnt taken from the first post and get to work! . . . . im watching you scum. lol
p.s. nice art
If you guys are looking for
If you guys are looking for people to recruit on youtube, you should /definitley/ try to get this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN62EXRSzRc
One of the best dumner i've heard!
Dragomir wrote: There's
Dragomir
There's also the matter of my accent, I'm Polish so some of my countrymen including me can hear that English is not my native language. I wonder what people that never heard Polish accent think? If I get lines to read I can improve it of course.
I've never heard a polish accent before but I did notice it but I think it's not a great deal, I don't think it's necessary to hide it.
Besides, it's not the dunmer's native language either.
BarradinIf you guys are looking for people to recruit on youtube, you should /definitley/ try to get this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN62EXRSzRc
One of the best dumner i've heard!
This guy doesn't sound like the classic dunmer at all, far too little rasp, he fits good as a dunmer by skyrim standards though but that's not where we aim to go.
Barradin wrote:If you guys
BarradinThis guy is insanely good, great quality aswell, but unfortunately cor is right it's not close enough to Morrowinds dunmer, it's the one voice that we must have as close as possible to the originalIf you guys are looking for people to recruit on youtube, you should /definitley/ try to get this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN62EXRSzRc
One of the best dumner i've heard!
This guy is insanely good,
This guy is insanely good, great quality aswell, but unfortunately cor is right it's not close enough to Morrowinds dunmer, it's the one voice that we must have as close as possible to the original
I completely disagree. Variety is good, and acting is more important than putting on a raspy voice. No offense but after hearing a few versions of Dunmer samples we might as well get one person to do all of them. I'm mean it looks like that was the case for Morrowind; Jeff Baker did the voices for Dunmer, and too be honest I think his range is pretty average and overdone, so of course everybody does it overdone.
Do you really want this man to be the bar to aim for!?!?!?
[External image]Jeff Barker - voice acting 2003-2009 R.I.P
If you can try and get Corey Hall (interesting NPCs), then great. Also he will be able to do other voices as well.
Seriously, my vote is to get a person with the best recording equipment, acting and range to do all the male Dunmer. Sound levels and quality are more important than several put on gravely voices. Sorry take up smoking 10 packs a day for a month then people can focus on range and emotion, rather than how to squeeze their larynx.
I also didn't know that Lynda Carter did voices for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim...i asked her if she wanted to do the female Dunmer...she said she only had limited time before she had to go back to Themyscira.
Raspy voices
I disagree about raspy Dunmer sounding all the same. You can put an insane range of variety also on the raspy voices. Just compare my Dunmer Impression with MorrowindShorts' ;) They are completely different and would work for different NPC's.
Jeff Baker himself could make a good variety of Dunmer voices. I think Ordinators for example sound completely different from other dark elves.
SkyWind is made mostly because of nostalgia, right? Well, I don't argue the awesomness of Morrowind, but there's a reason we want to bring it back. Raspy Dunmer voices was one of the main reasons I fell in love with that race. They're different than humans on many levels, their appearance for example - they're rather ugly for a classical elf - I love that, and the raspy, harsh voice completes that image, together with their harsh and xenophobic character.
I also think it's a physiological matter here. Dunmer spent thousands of years breathing volcanical dust, and I think together with their red eyes and tough skin (resistance to fire) those are features they acquired on the way of adaptation to the environment (elves evolve faster than humans, that is why we have such a variety of them. I'm pretty sure it's because of magic).
But to stay on - topic: I wouldn't mind having some Imperialistic Dunmer, prodably an outlander and a filthy n'wah, who has never seen ashlands to have a normal, not raspy voice. But for most it's a natural voice and I think it should therefore be most common. Other than that, maybe the younger the Dunmer - less raspy would the voice be?
Nostalgia is the aim, and
Nostalgia is the aim, and raspy Dunmer voices come with that. But having every Dunmer with overdone voices I can see ruining the experience. It would be nice to focus on tone and emotion for the remaining characters, and we are never going to get that with the trend of trying to sound like Christian Bales Batman. That is why I thought it weird that some people wouldn't want a quality voice actor with Corey Hall to do some Dunmer characters, when clearly he knows how to act, still put on a dark elf sound, but not forcing it.
I must say, I agree with
I must say, I agree with Happy... I'm not saying we should have an oblivion-ish dunmer somewhere, sounding like a princess, but variety is good. Even if it means that not all dunmer will sound as raspy. Caus I know that just most dunmer being raspy, it will give that nostalgia feel. But if ALL of them sound that way, it'll just be kinda weird to get used to.
Yeah, I guess it wasn't a
Yeah, I guess it wasn't a problem in Morrowind since most of the dialogue was just read, not actually voiced.
happychappy wrote:Nostalgia
happychappyNostalgia is the aim, and raspy Dunmer voices come with that. But having every Dunmer with overdone voices I can see ruining the experience. It would be nice to focus on tone and emotion for the remaining characters, and we are never going to get that with the trend of trying to sound like Christian Bales Batman. That is why I thought it weird that some people wouldn't want a quality voice actor with Corey Hall to do some Dunmer characters, when clearly he knows how to act, still put on a dark elf sound, but not forcing it.
I find this comment inappropriate and insulting, you call it overdone when that was how that particular race sounded like and was long before bale was batman or anything. And you call it "forcing the dark elf sound", I can speak in the dunmer voice just as easy as I speak normally.
Do you really want this man to be the bar to aim for!?!?!?[External image]Jeff Barker - voice acting 2003-2009 R.I.P
And what the hell is this supposed to be? What does his appearance have to do with anything and he still does voice acting or whatever you are trying to imply here
And seriously? One person for the entire dunmer race dialogue? Are you still drunk or just being crazy? We are doing a fan made remake of an older game because we are dedicated and love the game but one person doing the thousands of dialogue, and you were talking about variety and then you talk about having none?
Go to bed and sleep until your sober because you certainly aren't.
Jeff Baker
By the way, Jeff Baker also did the Imperials in Morrowind, as well as Haskiil in Shivering Isles ;) He's a very talented voice actor and aiming for him I think is a very good idea. His Dunmeri sound natural, not forced too.

cool man sounds good, lol
cool man sounds good, lol idgit