Pages

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
[RELZ] Protocolled Dialogs v1.1

Description
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod adds a scrollable pane to the dialog window, where the course of the current dialog gets protocolled (see screenshots).

Features

• Protocolling of topics and related dialog texts
  • Mousewheel scrolling
  • In-game enabling/disabling of the protocol pane via Hotkey [Ctrl-D]
    (Even if the protocol pane is disabled, it tracks the dialog in the background, so you can enable it at any time to view the whole dialog course)
  • In-game switching of the protocol pane's position on screen via Hotkey [Ctrl-Shift-D]
    (Switch between lower right and upper left corner of the screen)
  • Compatible with vanilla and DarNified UI
    (DarNified UI is highly recommended. Should work with other UI mods as well, but I haven't tested)
  • No file-replacements
    (The protocol pane is injected into the game during runtime, so your Oblivion xml-files don't get touched. If you don't like this mod, just disable/delete it and everything will look like before. No reinstallation of any UI mod is required.)

Requirements

Edit: This mod does not work with the latest version of MenuQue (MenuQue v10 beta4).
Edit: MenuQue has recently been updated to v10 beta5, which is working fine with this mod. Since some guys reported CTDs with MenuQue v9/v9a, I recommend to upgrade to the latest version.

Install

Extract the files to your Oblivion\Data directory and activate ProtocolledDialogs.esp

Please let me know if you are experiencing any problems!

Greetz,
Eazzy

AttachmentSize
File ProtocolledDialogs-v1_1.7z6.76 KB
Edited by: Eazzy on 05/10/2012 - 13:31
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank You Eazzy!
Your additions to this project are amazing! Thank You!!!
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Thanks Dave, allways a

Thanks Dave, allways a pleasure ;)

Clint
Clint's picture
Wow, this looks awesome! Ugh,

Wow, this looks awesome! Ugh, I can't use it right now since I'm not using OBSE, but I must get OBSE and this soon! 

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Seriously, this is amazing

Seriously, this is amazing stuff.  All hail Eazzy, master of OBSE heh! :)

Ice
Ice's picture
That's seriously

That's seriously impressive.

It reminds me of... Morrowind.

Hah! Awesome!

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! Eazzy!,this really

Thanks! Eazzy!,this really great and like Ice states,it makes it more like morrowind,and the fact that it does not mess with anything and can be used or not used is cool!.

:)

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Thanks for your

Thanks for your replies!

Knowing that people like your mods motivates to create new ones.

And yes...I had Morrowind in mind when i started with this one. You get a lot of really important information when talking to NPCs which is not logged in your questlog. Especially when you play without map markers and without Oblivions GPS-like navigation system to find your next destination (check out TheNiceOne's "Map Marker Overhaul" if you want to get rid of this), you are really reliant on informations received in dialogs. So the next step is to add a dialog log, meaning some kind of journal where you can review past dialogs.

Clint
Clint's picture
Sounds great Eazzy! Have you

Sounds great Eazzy! Have you tried putting in the Morrowind font? I think it would go perfect with this!

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Using Morrowind fonts is a

Using Morrowind fonts is a great idea!

Unfortunately when I replace the font by Morrowind's Magic Cards font, it doesnt align correctly (it gets shifted upwards). But I'll try to do a workaround.

Btw, does anybody know how to use Morrowind fonts in Oblivion or maybe some kind of Oblivion font editor?

Wolfmaster428
Wolfmaster428's picture
need help urgently

Great Idea, only one problem... i have everything you said i need but still it does not work does it need to be somewhere special in the load order? do i need to run the game from the obse loader itself? please help me as  ivery much so want to play this, and it is impossible without this UI mod

edit:Sooo glad i got help.....

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Does it work for you now?

Does it work for you now?

voodoochile101
voodoochile101's picture
need help too

Hi this mod looks great but i'm also having problems getting it to work. The 2nd scroll bar appears in the conversation menu, but there are no recorded dialogues. My obse and menuque are upgraded to the latest versions. Please help me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Issue with latest version of MenuQue

I just investigated the problem. It seems that Kyoma made some changes in MenuQue v10 beta4 that are causing this issue. Unfortunately the required version (MenuQue v10 beta) is not available on the nexus anymore.

I will adapt this mod to the newest version of MenuQue as soon as possible.

Bind0fGod
Bind0fGod's picture
It would be a greatly

It would be a greatly appreciated fix. I look everywhere for regular v10 beta. All I found was beta 4. Keep up the good work.

Bind0fGod
Bind0fGod's picture
It would be a greatly

It would be a greatly appreciated fix. I look everywhere for regular v10 beta. All I found was beta 4. Keep up the good work.

Nords15
Nords15's picture
Will fix come out?

So, i see this is very nice UI mod, Awesome, tnx, man, but will fix for new version of MenuQue V10 beta4 come soon??

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
I have uploaded an updated

I have uploaded an updated version of Protocolled Dialogs. The new version 1.1 works fine with
MenuQue v9a. MenuQue v10 beta4 still won't work.

SuperMcRad
SuperMcRad's picture
I came in here earlier

I came in here earlier looking for possible solutions and saw you had just updated with a fix. This is great work. This mod not working was the only thing keeping me from proceeding with Morrowind. I appreciate your time and efforts for this mod!

Nords15
Nords15's picture
Tnx, it work now, but...

Thank you for the fix, it's working, now with MenuQue9, but when i exit the dialog, my game crash, anyway to fix that?

Tnx in advance.!! and best regards!!

RonDelgen
RonDelgen's picture
Hello, I absolutely love this

Hello, I absolutely love this mod, but am having trouble getting it to work without crashing my game after ending dialog. I found that if I set 'bAllowExtraFonts=1' to '0' the problem goes away but also disables the dialog box which sort of defeats the purpose of the mod. I also found that 'sExtraFontDirectory=Data\Fonts\Extras' points to a non-existant directory so I changed it to point to 'Data\Fonts' instead but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Need additional info

Hmm...this is really strange. Could you please provide some more info on what mods and plugins you are using? Especially:
- OBSE version
- MenuQue version
- UI mods in use

If you are using MenuQue v9a, try MenuQue v9.

Nords15
Nords15's picture
Still, its the same.

I've tried MenuQue V9. i was using v9a, OBSE is v20, and for UI i'm using DarNifed UI, is that perhaps affecting the crashes?, i'll try to disable it, and see if it's the same.

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Kyoma has recently updated

Kyoma has recently updated MenuQue to v10 beta5 which should fix all problems.
Please let me know if you are still having issues.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thank you!  Could not get

Thank you!  Could not get this to work because MenuQue v9a did not support OBSE 20, so I got nothing (no protocolled dialogues at all).  With OBSE 20 and MenuQue v10b5, Protocolled Dialogues is working again!

unknownone
unknownone's picture
I've been looking around for

I've been looking around for something like this for ages! Definitely gives it a more 'Morrowind' feel to the game and is waaaay better than the Oblivion dialogue system. Keep up the good work

scottmilt
scottmilt's picture
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as wolfmaster428, everything is setup by no result --- can someone help?

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Did you install MenuQue v10

Did you install MenuQue v10 beta5 properly? Other versions may not work!
Did you install OBSE v20 and launched Oblivion with obse_loader.exe?
Are you using any UI mods?

scottmilt
scottmilt's picture
Found what I was missing, an
Found what I was missing, an unencrypted version of oblivion.exe... but I can now no longer see the game options on the opening screen e.g. new game, load game and so on. I have no UI mods other than the one you recommended. Everything is installed correctly. The only thing I've done in addition to your instructions is use an unencrypted exe file, as I have a steam version of oblivion. The only reason I've done this is because NOTHING is happening when I run it through steam. Thanks for taking the time to help btw :D
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
scottmilt wrote:but I can now

scottmilt wrote:

but I can now no longer see the game options on the opening screen e.g. new game, load game and so on. I have no UI mods other than the one you recommended.

Seems like Oblivion can't find the right fonts. One possible reason for this is that DarNified UI is not installed properly. Please read the DarNified ReadMe carefully. Did you edit the font settings in your Oblivion.ini ("My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini")? It should read like:

[Fonts]
SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
SFontFile_2=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt
SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_16.fnt
SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\DarN_Oblivion_28.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt

scottmilt
scottmilt's picture
I was using a wrye bash
I was using a wrye bash install for DarNified, but I've gone ahead and installed the OBMM version too. The UI is now DarNified when I run it through steam or wrye bash or OBMM. If I attempt to use the obse_loader, the fonts are still missing from the opening screen. I managed to rehearse the menu selection so that I could start a game without having to see the menu buttons, when the game loads people are transparent, the lighting is odd and the ship you start in is a flickering bundle of semi-transparent shades --- but the protocol dialoque works :P I'm going to assume that steam isn't allowing OBSE to load, despite the documentation claiming otherwise.
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Wow, that's a whole bunch of

Wow, that's a whole bunch of problems. I don't think that OBSE is responsible for your graphics problems. Try setting the texture size to large and deactivate antialiasing in your graphics settings. Do you have the same problems when playing "normal" Oblivion?

scottmilt
scottmilt's picture
After a restart everything
After a restart everything sorted itself out :P Thanks for the help Eazzy!
iMaCuLaTe
iMaCuLaTe's picture
I'm trying to install your

I'm trying to install your mod but it doesn't seem to be working.

I unzipped the contents of the folder into the Oblivion/data folder

Then I went into OBMM and activated the .esp file

But in game when I hit Ctrl + D and Ctrl + Shift + D I get nothing. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Please pm me if you think you know. Thanks a lot

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Install OBSE v20.Install

Install OBSE v20.
Install MenuQue v10 beta5.
Launch Oblivion with obse_loader.exe.

Hit Ctrl-D again when you are in dialogue mode.

If you still having problems, load your savegame a second time and try again.

Are you using any UI mods?

iMaCuLaTe
iMaCuLaTe's picture
Yea DarN. Once I give this

Yea DarN. Once I give this stuff a try I'll let you know how it went.

kheldarath
kheldarath's picture
issues

Hey guys! First time poster long time watcher.. or something.

So i have darnified, i also have obse 20 and menuque 10.5 (latest version) I have elys voice set up too. However i find this addon to work intermittently at best. Most of the time however it does not work. I also have the STEAM version of oblivion so i got the steam version of OBSE which does not have a seperate launcher program.

Is there anything that might help?

llde
llde's picture
Contributor
kheldarath You

kheldarath You resolved?

Check obse.log and obse_kyoma_menuque.log (if you can  post them We could help you better maybe)

However I had another issues. On a specific greeting dialogue of a test npc "Denyiir" (testdenyiir) a message box with written "obse script error check obse.log for other information" pop up to me. In the obse. log there is written this:

** Script Error: Script 30000800 in file ProtocolledDialogs.esp" **
    Too few args for format specifier

cinjaxon
cinjaxon's picture
Confused

Okay, I just installed this, but I'm a little confused. I'm getting it working fine, just like in the screenshots, but they still say it line by line before the right-hand window comes up. Is this the way it's made, or did I do something wrong? I'd much rather have it just be the window and that's it, like in the original morrowind. Even when I took Ely's Silent Voice thing off, they still look at me for 3 seconds "saying" the dialog (without any lip movement) before the right hand dialog window comes up. There must be some way to get rid of that so that the protocolled dialog is the only thing being seen.

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
cinjaxon, that's how it's

cinjaxon, that's how it's made. No way to get rid of that.

cinjaxon
cinjaxon's picture
Darn... that would be

Darn... that would be awesome. There must be some way out there to get rid of that 3 second minimum for talking and just skip straight to this! Too bad I'm too dumb to figure it out haha

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Skipping the dialog output

Skipping the dialog output would break the mod, because the mod reads the output and writes it into the pane. Reducing the time period during which the dialog lines are shown would work, but I don't think that this is feasible. I'm pretty sure that the 3 secs delay is hardcoded.

Darkhero
Darkhero's picture
Not working

The Morroblivion mod is the greatest mod ever created, but the dialogue goes so fast that is the one thing that needs fixed to make it perfect. This mod is the last thing i need and I can't get it to work. I am guessing it is because I cant find Menuque V10? they Have like every other version on tesnexus except v10. I tried v9 and v11 but couldn't get it to work? Is there any way to get v10 or this to work, or a mod that makes dialogue progress only with mouse click?

Darkhero
Darkhero's picture
I dont know if it is

I dont know if it is protocolled or Darnifed UI

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Dialogue

To slow down Dialog you Use OBSE Oblivion Script Extender, Start your Game with Obse after creating a Shortcut to Obse_loader.exe ,Download and Elys Silent Voice files from www.tesnexus.com This is a Plugin that works under OBSE it has a 8 sec  time limit on it,, MenuQue Needs OBSE to run it gets installed in Plugins Directory under Obse

Darkhero
Darkhero's picture
I have the OBSE, ELYS and

I have the OBSE, ELYS and they show that they are working on OBMM, but i dont think they are, and for some reason my directory has is C:\\Elder Scrolls\Oblivion\Data\Data  so some how I have menuque twice in two different data folders, dont know if they would cause it?

Darkhero
Darkhero's picture
And Darn wasn't working when

And Darn wasn't working when i did my first post, but when i extracted it instead of using OBMM i got darn to work, text still seems fast though

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Obse

Directory Should Be useing yours

C:\Elder Scroll\Oblivion\Data\Obse\Plugins

When you install Obse Normanly Extract in to Your Oblivion Directory Not Data Directory

OBSE_loader.exe  Needs to Be in your Oblivion Directory

Easy just re_extract

When asked to Overright Say YES to all

Darkhero
Darkhero's picture
right now I have OBSE and

right now I have OBSE and menu both in OBSE\plugins but doesnt seem to be working, sorry for the trouble

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
As roxon explained, the OBSE

As roxon explained, the OBSE files go into your Oblivion install directory (e.g. c:\games\Oblivion). Elys silent voice and Menuque then go into c:\games\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\plugins.

Magiimice
Magiimice's picture
Hi, I can't get the thing to

Hi, I can't get the thing to work. According to Nexus Mod Manager I have it installed, and it says that I have installed the other thing too. I know I have ODSD installed. The thing is is that nothing happenes when I try to use the CTRL D shortcut. 

Pages