Skip to main content

Morroblivion Project Release

Submitted by Daggers on

Morroblivion v68

Current Public Release

The Elder Scrolls Renewal: Morroblivion

Quest Notice: Morroblivion uses its own quest-line icons. You can find the corresponding icons here.

Download Morroblivion · Installation · Changelog

Morroblivion screenshot

Current Downloads

Notice: If Google Drive files are unavailable, it is usually due to download quota limits.

I. Complete Morroblivion Installer

Notice: The Fastest Server mirror provides a direct browser download. Please wait a few seconds after clicking and check your browser downloads before trying again.

II. Official Update

Notice: The v68 installer includes the current Morroblivion patch files. Version 68 currently has no separate patch downloads; the v67 patches 1-3 are for v67 only and are included in v68.

Start Here

Requirements → Setup → Download / installer → Configuration and load order

Requirements

Morroblivion requires legal installations of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with the Shivering Isles expansion. The installer verifies ownership before deploying the Morroblivion files.

Oblivion Script Extender is required. The actively maintained continuation is xOBSE.

Oblivion with the Shivering Isles expansion

Morrowind GOTY with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions

CD/DVD, Steam, and GOG installations are supported. Steam users should follow the xOBSE installation notes for the Steam version.

Included Content

Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon content listed in this release:

View complete content list

Morrowind

  • House Hlaalu
  • House Redoran
  • House Telvanni
  • Fighters' Guild
  • Mages' Guild
  • Thieves' Guild
  • Tribunal Temple
  • Imperial Cult
  • Imperial Legion
  • Morag Tong, including the "Threads of the Webspinner" Sanguine items
  • Ashlander Clan Quests
  • Daedric Shrine Quests
  • Vampire Clan Quests
  • Wilderness Miscellaneous Quests
  • All City, Town, and Fort Quests

Tribunal

  • Tribunal Main Quest
  • Miscellaneous Quests

Bloodmoon

  • Bloodmoon Main Quest with Both Paths
  • Miscellaneous Quests
  • East Empire Company Quests

Supporting Plugins

Installation

The Morroblivion v68 installer automatically detects legal Morrowind and Oblivion installations before deploying the Morroblivion files. Install xOBSE separately, along with any OBSE / xOBSE plugins required by the Morroblivion options you enable.

As of Morroblivion version 68, the installer can automatically detect your installed Morrowind and Oblivion directories. When prompted for the Morroblivion installation directory, you may select your Oblivion directory or choose a different managed-mod directory if your setup requires one.

Please note that the official Installation Instructions topic and the PCGamingGoodies Video Installation are outdated for v68 and newer. They are still useful legacy references for load order, compatibility, and additional setup details not fully covered by the current installer.

Compatibility

Morroblivion Compatibility Patches

Morroblivion is located in a separate worldspace. It is generally compatible with mods that modify Oblivion's worldspace, including OOO, MMM, FCOM, Unique Landscapes, Better Cities, and similar Oblivion-focused mods, but those mods do not directly modify the Morroblivion worldspace.

Morroblivion is compatible with, and affected by, mods that modify Oblivion gameplay mechanics, including combat, magic, stealth, leveling, UI, and related systems.

The latest version is not compatible with most Morroblivion mods created before 2014, nor with original ESP Converter-based mods, unless the mod page specifically states that the mod has been updated or tested for the current release.

Potential incompatibility: Any mod that uses an older version of Morrowind_ob.esm as its master may be incompatible with the current release.

Starting the Game / World Transport

Alternate Start

 

Starting a new game with Morrowind_ob.esm active works as an alternate start. Instead of beginning in the Imperial City Prison, the game begins in the hold of the prison ship in Seyda Neen. As a result, the Oblivion Main Quest does not start automatically. A World Transport option can be used to start the Oblivion Main Quest.

 

World Transport

 

Being updated. The Oblivion Main Quest starts through a corpse outside the Imperial Prison Sewers.

 

Stability and Performance

 

If you experience seemingly random crashes, especially in wilderness areas, the cause is commonly related to cell-buffer overrun rather than a problem with a specific cell. Oblivion was not designed to load a project on the scale of Morrowind and all its denizens, but the following steps can reduce crashes.

  1. If you have 4 GB or more of RAM and are running a 64-bit version of Windows, apply the 4GB Patch to Oblivion.exe. This allows the 32-bit executable to use up to 4 GB of virtual memory instead of the usual 2 GB limit.
  2. Decrease graphical settings or install FastLOD with your preferred add-on.
  3. Install the recommended OBSE / xOBSE stability and performance plugins listed above.

 

Load Order and File Details

 

Morrowind_ob.esm

Main data file for Morroblivion. It contains the core landmass, dialogue, quests, and related records.

This file is required for Morroblivion to function.

Load order: Load directly after Oblivion.esm unless you are using EngineBugFixes. Even with EngineBugFixes, keeping this legacy order is still a safe baseline.

Morrowind_ob.esp

Loads the Morroblivion BSA archives and helps resolve possible conflicts with other mods.

This file is required for Morroblivion to function.

Load order: Load after any mod that changes vanilla idle animations, such as Personality Idles.

Note: This file contains one intentional ITM record. Do not clean it with xEdit.

Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Restores functionality for enchanted items with the "Cast When Used" enchantment.

This file is recommended for the full Morroblivion experience.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins. If you use Morroblivion clothing replacers with this plugin, create a Bashed Patch.

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

Adds original Morrowind voiced lines to NPCs. Recommended for a more nostalgic Morrowind experience.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins.

Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp

Replaces default Morrowind trees with Oblivion-style trees.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins.

Any Morroblivion Map Replacers

Any plugin or replacer that alters the Morrowind map.

Load order: Load after all other Morroblivion mods.

 

Optional Add-ons / Resources

 

This list collects optional mods that have been used with recent Morroblivion releases and add meaningful experiences. Check each mod page for version-specific requirements. More mods are available in the [HUB] Mods for Morroblivion topic.

 

High-resolution texture resources

More than 1,024 high-resolution texture files, useful for powerful computers.

  • Mirror #1 (MEGA)
  • Mirror #2 (Fastest Server)

Legacy Releases & Archives

View legacy releases and archives

Experimental Builds: The previous v067 Experimental Release thread is now outdated. Use the Morroblivion Project Release v068 thread for current builds unless a newer experimental thread is posted.

Archive coverage is incomplete, and some older versions may no longer be available. The preserved builds below are provided as-is for historical reference and troubleshooting.

Morroblivion v064

Morroblivion v065 RC4

Morroblivion v066

Master File Installer

Resources

Morroblivion v067

Notice: If Google Drive files are unavailable, it is usually due to download quota limits.

I. Complete Morroblivion Installer

Notice: The Fastest Server mirror provides a direct browser download.

II. Official Update

Other

More than 512 low-resolution texture files, useful for less powerful computers.

Installation

Visit the official Installation Instructions topic for a detailed written guide, or check out the Video Installation. These legacy instructions are primarily useful for versions before v68.

Version

Current public release: Morroblivion v068.

  • Version 68 currently has no separate patch downloads.
  • The v67 patches 1-3 are for v67 only and are included in v68.
  • Use the Morroblivion Project Release v068 thread for current downloads and future release notes.

Karma: 5 (5 votes)
Last edited by Daggers on 2 Oct 2026 - 08:45.Owner-authorized automated edit: reorganize the official release post for readability and downloads; preserve technical guidance, links, archives and the existing discussion. Original author preserved; owner-authorized editing account Daggers, via controlled CLI revision API.

Community Discussion

This thread includes discussion of current and historical releases.

Load order details are given in the first post.

Most weapons use Morrowind models\textures and there aren't mods to replace them all with Oblivion models.

Do you use clothing replacer? If you installed it wrong clothes will be missing.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morroblivion v063 is now available!

[External image]

Special thanks to Brainslasher for his continued work on Tribunal Misc Quests and to rekom23 for updating collision on many interior meshes, which would help with performance and stability.

Full changelog:

New content:
- All of the remaining sidequests from Tribunal expansion have been debugged, including:
  - The Barbarian and the Book
  - Infidelities
  - Dilborn
  - Robot Arena
  - The Black Dart Gang
  - Bouncer
  - The Thief
- Restored faction expulsion mechanics for all factions.


Enhancements:
- Redone the 'encounter' with Tarhiel to be closer to the original.
- Tweaked lighting in 'Mournhold, Great Bazaar' area to increase FPS slightly.
- Removed 'Food item' checkbox from ingredients, which are not supposed to have it.
- Restored glass weapons weight values to original.
- Replaced instances of some Oblivion weapons found on Vvardenfell with their Morrowind counterparts.
- Paper notes hanging on walls now don't have Havok.
- Introduced a method to allow dispay of player name and\or NPC name in dialogue responses.
- Cleaned up some scripts and adjusted their naming to be more convenient.
- If AddActorValues OBSE plugin is installed you can now see some additional stats from Morroblivion in the Misc Stats page.
- Added built-in compatibility with Oblivion XP (quest XP rewards).
- Added an ingame check for presense of OBSE and error messages for the most common installation errors (with new INI setting).
- Merged "Chargen Revamped" mod, featuring improved chargen scene and built-in alternative start method (with new INI setting).
- Benches in Mournhold city and King's throne are now usable furniture.
- Restored Indoril shield.
- Restored more of the non-essential dialogue.

Bugfixes:
- Restored Daedric Crescent to Lord Dregas Volar.
- Script fix for "Secrets of Dwemer Animunculi" book.
- Removed unnecessary duplicate of Cure Blight Disease potion.
- Fixed the error in Puzzle Canal script, which caused the player to be frozen in place.
- Removed duplicate versions of Chitin Arrows.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in House Telvanni: Black Jinx quest.
- Fixed Synnolian Tunifus giving the player Septim's Ring too early.
- Fixed many typos and spelling errors in journal entries.
- Various fixes for item positions.
- Restored original stats to Ogrims.
- Restored items for sale at Arrille's Tradehouse.
- Restored proper gold values of probes.
- Removed duplicate ghost in Gateway Inn and fixed some dialogue inconsistencies in "Gateway Ghost" quest.
- Fixed a potential bug with losing controls in Mournhold, Temple area.
- Removed shields from Liches, which caused visual anomalies.
- Fixed a couple of bugs during fight with Karrod in Tribunal questline.
- Fixed several bugs in East Empire Company questline.
- Divine Intervention should now work correctly in Cyrodiil.
- Restored 'Fortify Conjuration' effect to Amulet of Unity.
- Fixed a potential bug where player can be promoted to the Arch-Mage rank without dealing with Trebonius.
- Restored original stats to Almalexia.

Resource changes:
- New "Take Notes" idle animation.
- Included meshes and textures for Indoril shield.
- Included meshes with optimized collision for the following tilesets:
Ald'Ruhn Manor District, Vivec Sewers, Telvanni Interiors, Daedric Interiors, Propylon Ports, Cavern Structures, Mournhold Interiors
- Included trapdoor mesh with tweaked collision.
- Furniture meshes for Mournhold.

Updating:
1.) Use the master file installer to install the v063 master file.
2.) Update the resouces with the v063 Update archive. (or redownload the complete package if you have fast connection)
3.) v063 will overwrite the Morroblivion.ini, so if you made any changes to it don't forget to re-apply them afterwards.

First post was updated with new links.

Have fun!

Karma: 3 (3 votes)

All I can say is wow! What an awesome release with so many new features.

- Introduced a method to allow dispay of player name and\or NPC name in dialogue responses.

This is probably the most amazing thing yet, how did you do that? Does this mean much of the dialogue can be changed back to %NPCName etc?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's a scripted workaround which uses some of the Oblivion's hardcoded functions to display dynamic text. The only other mod which uses this is Enhanced Economy (which is also where I learnt that technique).

Just posted a short tutorial, check it out.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Very nice work guys.  Impressive list of fixes!  Does this mean I can finally retire my CAT (chargen and transport) mod?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nice work. It's update time now.

The next will have bloodmoon almost completed I promise.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does this mean I can finally retire my CAT (chargen and transport) mod?

It will probably need to be updated or changed slightly. New chargen works for new game, but there's still no means of transport between worlds in the master.

Do you still have Oblivion installed? :) If not, I can probably do the updating.

The next will have bloodmoon almost completed I promise.

Nice :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i can only say: thank you all for the work!!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

qwertyasdfgh

Does this mean I can finally retire my CAT (chargen and transport) mod?

It will probably need to be updated or changed slightly. New chargen works for new game, but there's still no means of transport between worlds in the master.

Do you still have Oblivion installed? :) If not, I can probably do the updating.

My Oblivion installation is totally messed up and needs to be wiped and installed fresh.  If you can do the updating, that would be awesome.  [External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

now... i known that i'm really incompetent and probably little stupids, but now i have another problem... many quest item now appears "broken item"... someone known how to fix this problem? the only thing i can do it's uncheck the unofficial oblivion patch (i've the latest.. i think 3.45..) and it's solve many (but not all) of this problems..

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What do you mean by "broken item"?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

"broken item" it appears in place of an items (quest items, but sometimes an armor, a wepons etc...). has an icons similar to  bonemeal but is an object completely unusable

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Do you use Enhanced Economy, by any chance? I know it has a feature to replace some loot with junk, but other than that - no idea.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

yes, i use enhanced economy... you advise me to remove it?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You can just disable the item removal feature in EE's ini file, no need to remove the whole mod.

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

thank you!!!! it works!!!!

i have to deactivate enhanced economy because i don't know how to modify the ini file (i know how to, but not the proper voice!!) thanks so much, now it work perfectly!!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The boat at Hla Oad appears to have no texture.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xj50gqfkqqgfoxb/63c-2.jpg

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The boat at Hla Oad appears to have no texture.

Install Shivering Isles.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No, I just used a different texture. But thanks.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have updated the first post with the link to v063a master file.

Changelog:

  • Dialogue topics to join various factions will now always show up
  • A couple of minor fixes

We don't normally do small releases like this, however the bug with joining topic could've potentially raised a lot of complaints, so I decided to just update the master immediately.

Nothing except the master file was changed, so you only need to download the new installer.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Apparently I did something wrong, because when I load my game, I get notifications that I have been expelled from several of my factions, like the Temple, House Telvanni, etc. But not all of them. :(

All I did was use Oblivion Mod Manager to add the Resources update as an omod and then activated it. I'm always rusty on my Morroblivion maintenance when I take a break from the game.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is normal, faction expulsion didn't work before this version, the same thing happened to me and probably everyone else, just clear your name with the factions.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Didn't happen to me so I guess you guys just like to steal shit from your faction [External image]

BTW, you can't be expelled from Telvanni.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It happened as soon as I loaded my game, so it definitely wasn't from an ingame action that I did. Is there a console command to do this quickly?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It happened as soon as I loaded my game, so it definitely wasn't from an ingame action that I did.

It happened from an ingame action you did earlier on that savegame.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've not been kicked out of anything ..

Here's a qlitch that probably doesn't need fixing since I'm sure I must have caused the problem, but I did buy the house in Seyda Neen and found I can't sleep in the bed or store anything there.

To fix it I just set ownership of the bed, crates, and urns to 'Player' to cure the issue. It was probably already done in the quest and I didn't do the quest right ...

[External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Tried to play this,game not only started me in Imperial City NOT Seyda Neen but I got some error thing about Morrowind_ob.esm not being loaded and missing BSA files..apparently related to levitation or something but it clearly shows the morrow_ob.esm in my data files.. And when I try to install the v063 Complete in Wyre Bash with some of the sub mods tic'd it'll just crash...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Here's a qlitch that probably doesn't need fixing since I'm sure I must have caused the problem, but I did buy the house in Seyda Neen and found I can't sleep in the bed or store anything there.

I'll take a look at the scripts next time I update the house buying mod.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have followed the instructions to the letter,WB keeps crashing every time I try to install the v063 Complete Resources with the Core and Sub Mods tic'd...strangely lets me install it with nothing at all tic'd im assuming this is why the game is telling me im missing important BSA files to play Morroblivion. OBSE works,I got all the necessary mods installed and working,the main installer for morroblivion installed correctly and I set the paths to where morrowind and oblivion are for the master installer. (probably should mention im using the Steam versions? idk how relevant that is lol) I just dunno where I screwed up..:(

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is the most problematic version of Morroblivion I've ever used.  I've installed everything correctly and I am greeted with messages telling me I have been kicked from the Thieves Guild, Temple and the Imperial Cult.  Shortly after that the game tells me I am not using OBSE (not true, I've been using the latest version since I installed .062) and then... my character proceeds to drop dead!

No previous version of Morroblivion has ever given me this kind of trouble. Help?!?

UPDATE: Ok, crazed rant over.  So for some reason my Steam turned off the In-Game community overlay setting, causing OBSE to not load.  I re-enabled that and now everything works, even with .063a installed.  However now I'm getting graphics oddities in my Balmora House. There are two missing meshes on the walls where tapestries used to be!  Please see attached.

 

Attachment Size
morroblivion63a_missingmesh.jpg 319.8 KB
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

AcidicReaver, I don't know why Wrye Bash would crash, but you can always install files manually, instructions are in the same thread.

Spino, being expelled from the factions is expected, read previous messages in this thread. Which house in Balmora are you talking about?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wait, so Steam_Overlay is tied to OBSE? I was not aware of that.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

qwertyasdfgh, Actually the factions issue went away when I re-activated the Steam overlay. No rep issues with any of those factions now.  Odd, eh?

I'm using a Balmora House mod, the one that creates a player house to the left of the southern entrance in Balmora.  It worked perfectly with previous versions of Morroblivion. None of my junk stored in the house seems to be affected so it's not apocalyptic by any means. I am curious why those particular meshes were affected though. I loaded up the Construction set and was greeted with Model Load Error for the following meshes (also see attached pic).

Clutter\SEPaintings\SEManiaPainting01b.NIF

Clutter\SEPaintings\SEManiaPainting02d.NIF

FYI I also installed the latest Unofficial Oblivion and Shivering Isles patches (via Wyre Bash).  Is it possible those fudged the affected painting/tapestry meshes?

scotty35503, Yup, according to the OBSE readme you need to use the relevant dll files and make sure that the community overlay is activated when running Oblivion via Steam.  I also had issues when I tried launching the game via Wyre Bash instead of Steam.

Per the OBSE readme file...

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder  to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

By the way, qwertyasdfgh, I'd like to thank you and the responsible modders for Morroblivion, it is an absolutely fantastic achievement and one of the best mods I've ever played!

Attachment Size
semaniapainting01b.jpg 29.02 KB
semaniapainting02d.jpg 29.52 KB
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The house Mod Is Auriel Balmora House the 2 Pictures are XX005FC4,,XX0034D1 where (XX)  is Load Order are turning up in Game and in CSE no Problems at All..Above Siltstryder near Pawn Shop.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Clutter\SEPaintings\SEManiaPainting01b.NIF

Clutter\SEPaintings\SEManiaPainting02d.NIF

Well, these models are from Shivering Isles, not Morroblivion. Make sure you have SI expansion installed and DLCShiveringIsles.esp activated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I haven't had much time to mess with it yet, but in my list of factions, it seems the factions I've been expelled from have been removed entirely instead of just marking me as Expelled. Can anyone verify if this is normal? I can't really remember about Oblivion, but if I recall correctly, Morrowind wouldn't remove the faction from your list but would have the word EXPELLED substituting your rank.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This is Oblivion, not Morrowind. When you are expelled from a faction it disappears from you factions screen.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ok, for some reason the DLCShiveringIsles.esp was not checked.  All fixed now.

Thank you qwertyasdfgh and roxon_55 for the prompt responses!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just want to take a moment to thank all of the devs who have worked over the past four years or so to make this mod as good as it is. It's almost totally finished now and it works seemlessly with the rest of the game. I know being a mod dev can probably sometimes be a thankless job, so thanks for all the hard work.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does anyone know of a way to restore standing with the Morag Tong? The other factions were easy enough to restore rank in. But whenever I talk to Eno Hlaalu he just said that traitors to the Morag Tong must die, and attacks me. I've tried modifying his disposition with the console and stopping combat, but no go. I'm not even sure what it was that I'd done that resulted in expulsion. It was probably so long ago that the save has been deleted already. Is there a console command to restore my standing in the Morag Tong or anything that I can do?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Does anyone keeps getting Cast When Used is not compatible with Oblivionized Enchants?

Also can someone help me fix it or do I have to stop using Oblivionized Enchants?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Slave4QueenBritneySpears

Does anyone keeps getting Cast When Used is not compatible with Oblivionized Enchants?

Also can someone help me fix it or do I have to stop using Oblivionized Enchants?

I figured it out myself, turn out that the Oblivionized Enchants is not compatible with Cast When Used

I should use Cast When Used instead because it's updated

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@scotty35503: You need to talk to someone of the rank "Master" in the guild. Those are for example Ethasi Rilvayn in Balmora or Goren Andarys in Ald Ruhn.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@scotty35503: You need to talk to someone of the rank "Master" in the guild. Those are for example Ethasi Rilvayn in Balmora or Goren Andarys in Ald Ruhn.

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, they attack me as well. There doesn't seem to be any way to restore membership for the Morag Tong :(

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yes, apparently that greeting has a false condition. It's only supposed to be said once the player has been expelled once and then again. I could make a fix but I don't know if this was intended by Qwertyasdfgh or not.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oh, I see. That greeting is missing "GetQuestVariable fbmwMTAdvancement.ExpelledOnce == 1" condition.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is there a way I can make a quick tweak in the CS or use a console command to fix this for myself? I can usually figure out construction set stuff out by myself, but I'm definitely no coder, so I'm not that great at it.

By the way, not sure if anyone noticed, but in the misc stats menu where you see things like Bounty, fame, etc...the faction reputations listed for the Morrowind factions all have a typo with the word reputation, being spelled "reputtation". Nothing critical, just thought I'd mention it for whenever the next or final update is ready. Really proud of how you guys have worked so hard to get this mod almost to the very end.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)