Skip to main content

Morroblivion Project Release

Submitted by Daggers on

Morroblivion v68

Current Public Release

The Elder Scrolls Renewal: Morroblivion

Quest Notice: Morroblivion uses its own quest-line icons. You can find the corresponding icons here.

Download Morroblivion · Installation · Changelog

Morroblivion screenshot

Current Downloads

Notice: If Google Drive files are unavailable, it is usually due to download quota limits.

I. Complete Morroblivion Installer

Notice: The Fastest Server mirror provides a direct browser download. Please wait a few seconds after clicking and check your browser downloads before trying again.

II. Official Update

Notice: The v68 installer includes the current Morroblivion patch files. Version 68 currently has no separate patch downloads; the v67 patches 1-3 are for v67 only and are included in v68.

Start Here

Requirements → Setup → Download / installer → Configuration and load order

Requirements

Morroblivion requires legal installations of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with the Shivering Isles expansion. The installer verifies ownership before deploying the Morroblivion files.

Oblivion Script Extender is required. The actively maintained continuation is xOBSE.

Oblivion with the Shivering Isles expansion

Morrowind GOTY with the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions

CD/DVD, Steam, and GOG installations are supported. Steam users should follow the xOBSE installation notes for the Steam version.

Included Content

Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon content listed in this release:

View complete content list

Morrowind

  • House Hlaalu
  • House Redoran
  • House Telvanni
  • Fighters' Guild
  • Mages' Guild
  • Thieves' Guild
  • Tribunal Temple
  • Imperial Cult
  • Imperial Legion
  • Morag Tong, including the "Threads of the Webspinner" Sanguine items
  • Ashlander Clan Quests
  • Daedric Shrine Quests
  • Vampire Clan Quests
  • Wilderness Miscellaneous Quests
  • All City, Town, and Fort Quests

Tribunal

  • Tribunal Main Quest
  • Miscellaneous Quests

Bloodmoon

  • Bloodmoon Main Quest with Both Paths
  • Miscellaneous Quests
  • East Empire Company Quests

Supporting Plugins

Installation

The Morroblivion v68 installer automatically detects legal Morrowind and Oblivion installations before deploying the Morroblivion files. Install xOBSE separately, along with any OBSE / xOBSE plugins required by the Morroblivion options you enable.

As of Morroblivion version 68, the installer can automatically detect your installed Morrowind and Oblivion directories. When prompted for the Morroblivion installation directory, you may select your Oblivion directory or choose a different managed-mod directory if your setup requires one.

Please note that the official Installation Instructions topic and the PCGamingGoodies Video Installation are outdated for v68 and newer. They are still useful legacy references for load order, compatibility, and additional setup details not fully covered by the current installer.

Compatibility

Morroblivion Compatibility Patches

Morroblivion is located in a separate worldspace. It is generally compatible with mods that modify Oblivion's worldspace, including OOO, MMM, FCOM, Unique Landscapes, Better Cities, and similar Oblivion-focused mods, but those mods do not directly modify the Morroblivion worldspace.

Morroblivion is compatible with, and affected by, mods that modify Oblivion gameplay mechanics, including combat, magic, stealth, leveling, UI, and related systems.

The latest version is not compatible with most Morroblivion mods created before 2014, nor with original ESP Converter-based mods, unless the mod page specifically states that the mod has been updated or tested for the current release.

Potential incompatibility: Any mod that uses an older version of Morrowind_ob.esm as its master may be incompatible with the current release.

Starting the Game / World Transport

Alternate Start

 

Starting a new game with Morrowind_ob.esm active works as an alternate start. Instead of beginning in the Imperial City Prison, the game begins in the hold of the prison ship in Seyda Neen. As a result, the Oblivion Main Quest does not start automatically. A World Transport option can be used to start the Oblivion Main Quest.

 

World Transport

 

Being updated. The Oblivion Main Quest starts through a corpse outside the Imperial Prison Sewers.

 

Stability and Performance

 

If you experience seemingly random crashes, especially in wilderness areas, the cause is commonly related to cell-buffer overrun rather than a problem with a specific cell. Oblivion was not designed to load a project on the scale of Morrowind and all its denizens, but the following steps can reduce crashes.

  1. If you have 4 GB or more of RAM and are running a 64-bit version of Windows, apply the 4GB Patch to Oblivion.exe. This allows the 32-bit executable to use up to 4 GB of virtual memory instead of the usual 2 GB limit.
  2. Decrease graphical settings or install FastLOD with your preferred add-on.
  3. Install the recommended OBSE / xOBSE stability and performance plugins listed above.

 

Load Order and File Details

 

Morrowind_ob.esm

Main data file for Morroblivion. It contains the core landmass, dialogue, quests, and related records.

This file is required for Morroblivion to function.

Load order: Load directly after Oblivion.esm unless you are using EngineBugFixes. Even with EngineBugFixes, keeping this legacy order is still a safe baseline.

Morrowind_ob.esp

Loads the Morroblivion BSA archives and helps resolve possible conflicts with other mods.

This file is required for Morroblivion to function.

Load order: Load after any mod that changes vanilla idle animations, such as Personality Idles.

Note: This file contains one intentional ITM record. Do not clean it with xEdit.

Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Restores functionality for enchanted items with the "Cast When Used" enchantment.

This file is recommended for the full Morroblivion experience.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins. If you use Morroblivion clothing replacers with this plugin, create a Bashed Patch.

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

Adds original Morrowind voiced lines to NPCs. Recommended for a more nostalgic Morrowind experience.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins.

Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp

Replaces default Morrowind trees with Oblivion-style trees.

Load order: Load after Morrowind_ob.esp, with the other Morroblivion plugins.

Any Morroblivion Map Replacers

Any plugin or replacer that alters the Morrowind map.

Load order: Load after all other Morroblivion mods.

 

Optional Add-ons / Resources

 

This list collects optional mods that have been used with recent Morroblivion releases and add meaningful experiences. Check each mod page for version-specific requirements. More mods are available in the [HUB] Mods for Morroblivion topic.

 

High-resolution texture resources

More than 1,024 high-resolution texture files, useful for powerful computers.

  • Mirror #1 (MEGA)
  • Mirror #2 (Fastest Server)

Legacy Releases & Archives

View legacy releases and archives

Experimental Builds: The previous v067 Experimental Release thread is now outdated. Use the Morroblivion Project Release v068 thread for current builds unless a newer experimental thread is posted.

Archive coverage is incomplete, and some older versions may no longer be available. The preserved builds below are provided as-is for historical reference and troubleshooting.

Morroblivion v064

Morroblivion v065 RC4

Morroblivion v066

Master File Installer

Resources

Morroblivion v067

Notice: If Google Drive files are unavailable, it is usually due to download quota limits.

I. Complete Morroblivion Installer

Notice: The Fastest Server mirror provides a direct browser download.

II. Official Update

Other

More than 512 low-resolution texture files, useful for less powerful computers.

Installation

Visit the official Installation Instructions topic for a detailed written guide, or check out the Video Installation. These legacy instructions are primarily useful for versions before v68.

Version

Current public release: Morroblivion v068.

  • Version 68 currently has no separate patch downloads.
  • The v67 patches 1-3 are for v67 only and are included in v68.
  • Use the Morroblivion Project Release v068 thread for current downloads and future release notes.

Karma: 5 (5 votes)
Last edited by Daggers on 2 Oct 2026 - 08:45.Owner-authorized automated edit: reorganize the official release post for readability and downloads; preserve technical guidance, links, archives and the existing discussion. Original author preserved; owner-authorized editing account Daggers, via controlled CLI revision API.

Community Discussion

This thread includes discussion of current and historical releases.

Oh cool, that's great to hear! Will v065 saves work with v066?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shikenshu

Oh cool, that's great to hear! Will v065 saves work with v066?

v065 saves may work but it's recommended to start a new save too avoid quests/dialogue issues..
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is there a changelog v066?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

misteralter

Is there a changelog v066?

Yes, on the left side haha, :P  Changelog
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Are Ashalmimilkala_Collision_Fix and DaedricHall Fix still needed for v066? I spot-checked 1 mesh in each mod and they both differ from what's included in the v066 bsa. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shikenshu

Are Ashalmimilkala_Collision_Fix and DaedricHall Fix still needed for v066? I spot-checked 1 mesh in each mod and they both differ from what's included in the v066 bsa. 

ALL Previous fixes/patches/models/textures are included in v066

Edit: Just to expand on that, I re-exported all the daedric ruin meshes with newer collisions & nif settings
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Anyone downloading the Installer as of 1/9/2022 will have the Imperial Cult Fix

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The spear and staff rebalance were not included in v066. Is it intended?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morroblivion Resources has been updated with texture path fixes on 01/12/2022

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

When I open the new resources archive, I get an "unexpected end of archive" alert and when I try to extract the conversation bsa, I get a checksum error on the file saying the file is corrupt.

Edit: It also is the German release instead of the English one

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shikenshu

When I open the new resources archive, I get an "unexpected end of archive" alert and when I try to extract the conversation bsa, I get a checksum error on the file saying the file is corrupt.

Edit: It also is the German release instead of the English one

Download it again. If it still doesn't work, try another browser. I have tested the downloads and they work normally.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I don't have any more luck with a different browser. I have an early v066, so I'll keep that for the moment.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The Master File installer is working fine, I just re-uploaded the Resources File it should be fixed if that was corrupted.

@Shikenshu: it's safe to update^

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The message boxes are in German. I just re-downloaded the resource file and it didn't change anything. I can't find anywhere in any .ini files to change language. Can you help?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

re-download the Master Installer if you have a German version and you want an English version, not resources!!!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

This effects an extremely small amount of people.. I wish this site had a download counter

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Fixed. Downloaded the installer, everything looks good. Thank You.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

guys, i have a big problem.. i've always play morroblivion with my old pc without a problem, because in this pc i had windows.. but with my new pc, i've linux (specifically Pop OS), and because of the fact that i have oblivion in steam and morrowind on gog, every attempt to install morroblivion is failed!

all because the fact that one of the file is an .exe file! there's a way to bypass this problem? i really want to begin another adventure, but even if i try with wine, it's really extremely difficult (if not impossible) to find the exactly 2 diffent folder, and even if i can do that, he not read as exactly directory!

i really hope we can find a solution, because this is my favourite game, i play morroblivion hundred and hundred of times and don't want to can't play it because of the new OS

it's all function perfectly with steam and proton, except for the fact that can't install the .exe file..

hope that there's a solution, please help me!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

p.s. i havn't the same problem with the second file, because it's all about extract in the correct folder and then reorder the master list (as same as all other mod like OOO, obse osr ecc...) the problem it's only the exe file :(

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

rossimi

guys, i have a big problem.. i've always play morroblivion with my old pc without a problem, because in this pc i had windows.. but with my new pc, i've linux (specifically Pop OS), and because of the fact that i have oblivion in steam and morrowind on gog, every attempt to install morroblivion is failed!

all because the fact that one of the file is an .exe file! there's a way to bypass this problem? i really want to begin another adventure, but even if i try with wine, it's really extremely difficult (if not impossible) to find the exactly 2 diffent folder, and even if i can do that, he not read as exactly directory!

i really hope we can find a solution, because this is my favourite game, i play morroblivion hundred and hundred of times and don't want to can't play it because of the new OS

it's all function perfectly with steam and proton, except for the fact that can't install the .exe file..

hope that there's a solution, please help me!

Currently no installer is offered for Linux based systems, only windows unless someone else compiles it. The installer is in place to detour illegal activity, So I cannot offer the Master File as is without it. :(
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ok, understand the problem.. but i'm really sorry that after years where i have really enjoying your fantastic work, now i can't do it anymore.. but don't want to buy windows 11 only for this purpose!

therefore, to my immense regret, i am obliged to greet you all! thank you for give me years of enjoyable play, congratulation of the immense work done and forgive my bad English one last time :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

rossimi

ok, understand the problem.. but i'm really sorry that after years where i have really enjoying your fantastic work, now i can't do it anymore.. but don't want to buy windows 11 only for this purpose!

therefore, to my immense regret, i am obliged to greet you all! thank you for give me years of enjoyable play, congratulation of the immense work done and forgive my bad English one last time :)

Try this, it's very outdated but should work, pulled from here


5. .NET 4 does not work under WINE, so I made a little workaround:

1. Make a new folder under ~/.wine/drive_c
e.g. /home/rob/.wine/drive_c/Morroblivion

2. Copy MorroblivionInstaller.exe to this folder

3. Download winetricks script and install mono by running:
sh winetricks mono28

4. In terminal, cd to the new folder, e.g.
cd /home/rob/.wine/drive_c/Morroblivion

5. Run the following:
wine c:\\Program\ Files\\Mono-2.8.2\\bin\\mono.exe MorroblivionInstaller.exe

You can now complete the installer.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

thanks for trying, but unfortunately for me, i can't syncronize wine with steam (with proton) and finally gog.. but thanks anyway for trying, you're very kind!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

OMG!!

i have starting the game from about an hour.. you did a great job! it's look another game from previous version! well done!!

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

great stuff

Karma: 1 (1 votes)

The Morroblivion Resource File has been updated, Please update along with Dagger Galore

v66.1 Resource Update

  • Fixed Ashlander Tent Interior Collisions (ilpirata)
  • Fixed Hlaalu Interior Collisions (ilpirata)
  • Updated hundreds of Normal Maps (DaggerfallTeam, DassiD)
    • New Dwemer Ruin normal maps
  • Redirected and Removed hundreds of textures, removed many duplicates. (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Merged Dwemer Mesh Improvments for Morroblivion (oracus0, Champion of Hircine)
  • Restored Telvanni archecture textures using Arkitektora of Vvardenfell (Tyddy)
  • Replaced the landscape textures with more accurate and completed ones (Tyddy)
  • Merged Ket's Swirlwood Furniture retexture, restores furniture swirls (Ketgolosov)
  • Fixed Barrel10 halfway sinking into floors (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Fixed the small floating urn (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Fixed Redbowl clipping into shelves and tables (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Fixed inconsistent textures on inUcavernUstairs set (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Fixed Cave Door Entrances --> Wrong Texture (DaggerfallTeam)
  • Fixed bright lantern texture Replaced Stronghold Textures with Aesthesia - Stronghold textures (Rytelier)
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\architecture\hlaalu
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\architecture\imperial
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\architecture\redoran
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\architecture\Telvanni
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\dungeons\strongholds
  • Added textures\morroblivion\improved\dungeons\dwemer
  • Split Morroblivion Maps into 2 versions SD and HD
  • Merged Morroblivion Furniture Fix (LenaWolfBravil)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Update Notice for 66.3 of Dagger Galore Patch


External Update REQUIRED
This update requires you to redownload the Morroblivion v66.1 Resource File and extract the BSA archives from it. That is your mesh/texture update, otherwise I can promise you issues.


Previous Save File Warning
If you already begun Morroblivion, Then it is not recommended to update mid playthrough. Although if you haven't started quests and were only dungeon crawling, Then it should be safe to update.


No Longer needed in your Load Order

  • Morroblivion_ob Update.esp
  • Clothing Replacer.esp
  • SurynAnthonesSlanders_fix.esp
  • GuardSarethi.esp
  • Morroblivion Tree Restorer.esp
  • Morroblivion Furniture Fix.esp

Finally introduces working furniture markers, Now you can sit anywhere! (LenaWolfBravil)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The Resources Google Drive download link is broken.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Link updated

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

i have issue

Morroblivion has this error when loading oblivion game

ERROR... *.mesh missing*
ERROR... *.BSA missing*
ERROR... *.DLL missing*
... cannot load morroblivion.ini... default settings will be loaded

I have both oblivion GOTY (Deluxe) and Morrowind GOTY installed

I have paired both versions with the installer (steam versions) the installer said it was success
I have cleared all my mods (apart from the shivering isle/the main DLC needed etc)/// I use VOrtex as my mod loader... and have OBSE

The only issues it could be are i have oblivion on one account and morrowind on another (although i family share with my other account) both games on same pc... and also... oblivion is on F: and morrowind is on E:

Other than that, is there a fix? or do you kow why this happen? thank you

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

DaggerfallTeam

Update Notice for 66.3 of Dagger Galore Patch
External Update REQUIRED
This update requires you to redownload the Morroblivion v66.1 Resource File and extract the BSA archives from it. That is your mesh/texture update, otherwise I can promise you issues.

When you say that, do you mean extracting the BSA files with a tool like the Bethesda Archive Extractor?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ok ... well i have tried installing various other ways... uninstalling both games and trying fresh.. installing wyrebash... etc... but regardless i keep getting the same missing .XXX errors...

and besides the way to install and update this mod is so much effort and hassle  - also concerning the fact its *only* morrowind... and not just an *extension* ...

Sorry but i guess this is just not for me (if it was also an extension of oblivion then i WOULD want to try for the enxt 12 hours, but currently, no thanks)

No offence to you, you did an EPIC job for those it works for tand tose who *prefer* morrowind, but for me... too mych effort

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, it's Morrowind... I guess you didn't read the front page. Or the release page. Or the FAQ:

Q: What is Morroblivion?
The Morroblivion project seeks to resurrect The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into the more modern gaming engine of Oblivion.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Shikenshu

DaggerfallTeam

Update Notice for 66.3 of Dagger Galore Patch
External Update REQUIRED
This update requires you to redownload the Morroblivion v66.1 Resource File and extract the BSA archives from it. That is your mesh/texture update, otherwise I can promise you issues.

When you say that, do you mean extracting the BSA files with a tool like the Bethesda Archive Extractor?

What I mean is, extract the .rar archive and place the BSAs into your Oblivion directory. No extracting of the actual bsa files
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

First, I want to thank everyone that's ever worked on this project. Truly, you guys are awesome for your skill, hard work, and commitment.

Second is my question. I prefer the textures of v65, especially the ground cover. But I sure appreciate the bug fixes, script updates, etc. that are v66. I hate to complain, but some things just look bad in v66. Is there a way for me to have my cake and eat it too; the graphics of v65, but the core of v66?
I'm aware of "Morroblivion v065 Landscape Textures" at nexus but it just doesn't cover enough. A perfect example is the pond scum/lily pads right out of the gate of Seyd Neen.

Thanks for your time to anybody that replies. Much appreciated. Even if we all are a bunch of... Annoying Outlanders.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'll add more of the v64/65 textures to Nexus! They do lack! I think Remiros' Groundcover was in v065 but removed in Galore, since it was incomplete.. I'll upload it as is


Also here are the true 1K textures for Morroblivion v66

True 1K RC1: Google Drive

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hot Fix

This will fix the missing textures on all objects using that specific texture, huge thanks to the discord community for pointing them out.

Purple Model Fix: Google Drive

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

By the Nines, that was a fast response! Thank you very much!! Not having to decide between v65 & v66 makes my week. You are a madgod among men and mer.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi! If you're interested, I recently found old installers for Morroblivion v0.64 (English and German) and the original master file v0.65. I put them into one archive for easy reference.

Download link (Google Drive)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Apocalypcer

Hi! If you're interested, I recently found old installers for Morroblivion v0.64 (English and German) and the original master file v0.65. I put them into one archive for easy reference.

Download link (Google Drive)

Thank you! Although the first post does have v64 and v65 avaliable... A not so fun fact, All previous version prior to v64 are lost.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey guys,

I converted the Centurion Archer model and animations for Oblivion. It's not perfect, some of the animations are rotated 90 degrees, "walks in place", and the dart's position when shooting is off... Everything else works fine. Server won't let me post an image, so here it is.

I'm uploading the animations, mesh, skeleton, and the bow (scaled to 0) and dart (arrow with hidden quiver) models here for use. Feel free to test them out.

I hope some talented modder can fix the rotated and shooting animations for use in Morroblivion, I'd really love to have them working :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oh and I also added/fixed some animations for the Centurion Sphere and Steam Centurion. Check them out here. The sphere can now block attacks ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm not sure if I installed it wrong or this is a problem with one of the files (probably the former), but after installing it manually the mod doesn't work for me. It says I'm missing a few ESPs (I believe they're sounds, textures, meshes, and one of the morroblivion ones) and I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. I'm not home right now but could this be a problem with having to repair a corrupt Resources file?

EDIT: Fixed it. Apparently the file I got from MEGA only had 00 Core and none of the other resources that were supposed to be there, for some reason.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hello,

I'd like to report bugs:

1. Distant Objects of v.0.66 requires the "textures/lowres" folder from FastLOD. If somebody didn't install FastLOD, there will be flickering LOD objects.

2. The meshes from the "Morrowind_ob - Distant Objects" contains invalid textures from older versions of Morroblivion that are not anymore in the resources package. Affects expecially the Daedric and Dwemer ruin models.

 

I'm working just now on a mod for Distant LOD objects to fix this.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morroblivion version 67 released.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Compatibility Issue the installer had incorrectly set/outdated code targeting the wrong architecture. Making the installer fail on Windows 10 and newer.

an update will be pushed soon

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sooooo I updated to v67. How do I travel to Cyrodiil and back to Morrowind? The ship in Seyda Neen is gone now?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is it possible to port this mod to oblivion remastered?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

exactly, since there is a data folder, it means there is a place to put the morrowind files, I will soon install the new oblivion and go play finally play morrowind with normal graphics, I don't think anything can go wrong
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I tried, but the lack of xOBSE is a blocker — even when I tried using xOBSE with the remaster's binary, the version doesn't match. [External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)